HKMP7's V4S Journal

Lucati

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Marchesini M10RS Corse wheels
After months of waiting here they are and Wow just wow! These are in my opinion one of the greatest wheel designs ever. RIP Roberto Marchesini 🙏.
These wheels have come full circle for me I remember buying my first set in 2004 for my ZX10R. I also remember almost crashing the bike the first time I rode it with the new wheels. I wasn't expecting the bike to "turn in" so fast. At the first fast corner I inputted a little too much counter steer I almost ran off the track. 😂
Enough of me rambling on to the pictures

The details on the spokes are insane 🤯

Weights and measures
Front wheel 17x3.5 3017g/6.6lbs
Rear wheel 17x6 3162/6.2lbs
I will source some ceramic bearings for these soon they are stock for now.
freakin money bags over here....haha

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Craig! My first love was the love of firearms. They are a lot like bikes they demand a high level of respect and concentration. If you get it wrong its game over. Heckler&Koch is my favorite gun brand. This is the MP7 :love:. So I decided to mix both my love of bikes and firearms together.

1612201077166.png

craig bush

Small world - I’m a firearms enthusiast and HK fan as well (own a vp9). 👍

I’m a former marine corps machine gunner (0331) - tens of thousands of rounds through the m60, m2 50 cal, and mk19 fully automatic 40mm grenade launcher. One of the most fun firearms I’ve ever shot was a full auto mp5.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Small world - I’m a firearms enthusiast and HK fan as well (own a vp9). 👍

I’m a former marine corps machine gunner (0331) - tens of thousands of rounds through the m60, m2 50 cal, and mk19 fully automatic 40mm grenade launcher. One of the most fun firearms I’ve ever shot was a full auto mp5.
Nice! They make such cool stuff. Thanks for your service!!!
The MP7 is similar to the MP5 with less recoil and holds more rounds.

BoomBa StaR

HK can you please verify the weight on your BDS Ti axel if possible. You wrote 625g which is 1lb 3oz. I have mines at 2lb 3.8oz or 1015g. The stock axel weighs 3lb 10.4oz or 1656g. The reason I'm asking is because I got the axel from BDS beginning of last year. If your20201215_095159.jpg numbers are true I want to know where they were able to save another 1lb. 1lb of rotating mass is significant and the price of these axels is not cheap. I wonder if they used a different Ti maybe grade 7 or designed it differently.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
HK can you please verify the weight on your BDS Ti axel if possible. You wrote 625g which is 1lb 3oz. I have mines at 2lb 3.8oz or 1015g. The stock axel weighs 3lb 10.4oz or 1656g. The reason I'm asking is because I got the axel from BDS beginning of last year. If yourView attachment 2779 numbers are true I want to know where they were able to save another 1lb. 1lb of rotating mass is significant and the price of these axels is not cheap. I wonder if they used a different Ti maybe grade 7 or designed it differently.
Here is the original post same weight as yours.
That was the savings.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Pirelli Diablo Superbike Slicks
These are the Diablo Superbike slicks with the SC1 compound. These are a good balance between dumb grip and longevity. I went with the stock sizes 120-70 & 200-60. Next set I will try the new WSBK sizes 125-70 & 200-65. These will go on the Marchesini M10RS wheels.

I love the SC1 sidewall marking. Makes me feel like a factory rider lol.

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
I have these on there right now.....

open open open track days!!!!!

Pirelli Diablo Superbike Slicks
These are the Diablo Superbike slicks with the SC1 compound. These are a good balance between dumb grip and longevity. I went with the stock sizes 120-70 & 200-60. Next set I will try the new WSBK sizes 125-70 & 200-65. These will go on the Marchesini M10RS wheels.

I love the SC1 sidewall marking. Makes me feel like a factory rider lol.

MaverickiB

You probably already have it, but make sure your SSSA stand is the correct one for the V4. The "standard" SSSA stand from Pitbull will rub against the 200/65 tire and make using warmers a pain in the ass. The one for the V4 lifts it up a little more for clearance.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
You probably already have it, but make sure your SSSA stand is the correct one for the V4. The "standard" SSSA stand from Pitbull will rub against the 200/65 tire and make using warmers a pain in the ass. The one for the V4 lifts it up a little more for clearance.
Yeah I got the new version. I need to get me some new tire warmers tho. I refuse to be the guy with lime green tire warmers that say "Kawasaki" on the V4. Lol
I put them on my S1000RR once and I almost started a riot at the track. The angry mob had pitch forks and torches lmao

This was the angry mobs pit area S1000RR & HP4Race
1612399573045.png

Last edited: