HKMP7's V4S Journal

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Its a bit hard to measure but the BDS axle is slight thicker.
The stock axle on the sprocket side measures at about 2.69mm thick and the BDS is 2,89mm.
On the brake disc side its about 1.62mm vs 1.83mm
That is good to hear that the BDS is slightly thicker around 0.2mm thicker or about 8 to 10% thicker on average.
I imagine they make it thicker both on the inner diameter and outer diameter so the stock stand pin still can be inserted into the axle while the wheel hub can also still go in the axle easily.
Thanks HKMP7 (y)😀

Duc_tmmc

Rear axle looks amazing and very nice weight loss!!:love:
Any idea how many KG you took out from the rear wheel?:unsure:

Transmission, disk, caliper, wheels, rear axle.. im sure im forgeting more parts.. 😝

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Rear axle looks amazing and very nice weight loss!!:love:
Any idea how many KG you took out from the rear wheel?:unsure:

Transmission, disk, caliper, wheels, rear axle.. im sure im forgeting more parts.. 😝
Great question.

Here is the break down of savings
Chain and sprocket 1469g
Wheel 1174g
Disc 655g
Axle 625g
Wheel nuts 98g
Caliper 61g
Total savings 4082g/8.99lbs

So lets call it 9lbs in weight savings

Last edited:

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Great question.

Here is the break down of savings
Chain and sprocket 1469g
Wheel 1174g
Disc 655g
Axle 625g
Wheel nuts 98g
Caliper 61g
Total savings 4082g/8.99lbs
If I am not mistaken, you also replace all the bolts including the axle adjustment bolts with Titanium Bolts and the rear brake line is now Carbon braided which is lighter (y)🏍
Also, the rear mudguard from stock plastic to Ducati Performance Carbon Fiber 🧐😀

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
If I am not mistaken, you also replace all the bolts including the axle adjustment bolts with Titanium Bolts and the rear brake line is now Carbon braided which is lighter (y)🏍
Also, the rear mudguard from stock plastic to Ducati Performance Carbon Fiber 🧐😀
Exactly thats why I rounded up to 9lbs because its probably pretty close to 9.5 or so.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Bike and parts update
Here are some updated pictures of the bike with the wheels and subframe installed.
Also my thoughts on these products.

Teknofibra heat shield. I'm very impressed with this and its making the bike a lot more enjoyable to ride. The tank used to get too hot to grip with my legs and now its a ton better! So I highly recommend worth every penny.
Fullsix Subframe
Wow just wow this is one of my favorite pieces on the bike and the construction is very impressive. Saves over 11lbs vs the factory subframe. The fit was excellent no alignment issues at all. Bravo Fullsix for a excellent part.
BST Wheels
I used to be one of those motorcyclists that was on the fence about carbon wheels. After seeing several top tier car manufactures use them on much heavier vehicles I decided to give them a try. Ducati also trusted BST to make the wheels for the Epic V4SL. So if its good enough for the SL its good enough for me lol. Overall I love the look of them and agility has been transformed vs the factory forged wheels. I did notice they don't "soak" up bumps like the forged wheels do. They definitely feel more rigid kinda like riding with race track suspension settings on the road. Overall I like them but I'm not in love with them. So I have something else near and dear to me that's coming soon.
Now the pictures

Last edited:

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Bike and parts update
Here are some updated pictures of the bike with the wheels and subframe installed.
Also my thoughts on these products.

Teknofibra heat shield. I'm very impressed with it and its making the bike a lot more enjoyable to ride. The tank used to get too hot to grip with my legs and now its a ton better! So I highly recommend worth every penny.
Fullsix Subframe
Wow just wow this is one of my favorite pieces on the bike and the construction is very impressive. Saves over 11lbs vs the factory subframe. The fit was excellent no alignment issues at all. Bravo Fullsix for a excellent part.
BST Wheels
I used to be one of those motorcyclists that was on the fence about carbon wheels. After seeing several top tier car manufactures uses them on much heavier vehicles I decided to give them a try. Ducati also trusted BST to make the wheels for the Epic V4SL. So if its good enough for the SL its good enough for me lol. Overall I love the look of them and agility has been transformed vs the factory forged wheels. I did notice they don't "soak" up bumps like the forged wheels do. They definitely feel more rigid kinda like riding with race track suspension settings on the road. Overall I like them but I'm not in love with them. So I have something else near and dear to me that's coming soon.
Now the pictures

If my wife allows me to have a "Valentine's Date" in February 14 this bike will be the one :love:, so Ladies and Gentleman, let me introduce you to the upcoming February Bike of The Month of DUCATImodified.com forum (y):cool:

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Weight Update
When I bought this bike I wanted to save as much weight as possible but still be able to ride it on the street. After all the bling and parts here are the figures.
A factory V4S weighs 440lbs with a full tank of gas.
My bike currently weighs 406lbs with a full tank of gas.
We used the 2 scale method while balancing the bike and it teetered between 405-406lbs.