DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hello, everyone while we are still on at topic about Triple Clamp:

Below is a copy and paste of the message from Diego Melotti, the owner of Melotti Racing to me today.
Please note that soon, Melotti Racing will release the same design however, the diameter will be modified for stock V4 forks.
So for anyone who has the stock Ohlins and wants to have the Triple Clamp engineered for a real WSBK team, well, it will be available soon. Just contact Melotti Racing directly.

Hi Howard,
As you surely remember at the beginning of 2023 I told you about the front-end we were developing for Petrucci's V4R.
During the season we made several tests and, from Aragon session test, we have reach an excellent result to increase the feeling on the front tyre.
Our fork clamps (upper and lower) have been FIM approved for uses in the WSBK championship.
These clamps are tested also by Motorapido racing team in BSB and will be used as first equippment in 2024 season.
In the next months we will release a different version of these clamps modified for the stock bike.

We have produced few parts only for some racing teams in the world ; I know you are using the same forks of the WSBK and so you can mount these clamps.
I remember that you asked to be informed about this topic and so I'm writing this message to know if you want that we save one clamps set for you.
Obviously feel free to ask any information you need.
In attachment a picture of the fork clamps currently used by Petrucci.

Best Regards
Diego

FORK BRIDGE-.jpg

Apuca

Apuca

Hello, everyone while we are still on at topic about Triple Clamp:

Below is a copy and paste of the message from Diego Melotti, the owner of Melotti Racing to me today.
Please note that soon, Melotti Racing will release the same design however, the diameter will be modified for stock V4 forks.
So for anyone who has the stock Ohlins and wants to have the Triple Clamp engineered for a real WSBK team, well, it will be available soon. Just contact Melotti Racing directly.

Hi Howard,
As you surely remember at the beginning of 2023 I told you about the front-end we were developing for Petrucci's V4R.
During the season we made several tests and, from Aragon session test, we have reach an excellent result to increase the feeling on the front tyre.
Our fork clamps (upper and lower) have been FIM approved for uses in the WSBK championship.
These clamps are tested also by Motorapido racing team in BSB and will be used as first equippment in 2024 season.
In the next months we will release a different version of these clamps modified for the stock bike.

We have produced few parts only for some racing teams in the world ; I know you are using the same forks of the WSBK and so you can mount these clamps.
I remember that you asked to be informed about this topic and so I'm writing this message to know if you want that we save one clamps set for you.
Obviously feel free to ask any information you need.
In attachment a picture of the fork clamps currently used by Petrucci.

Best Regards
Diego

View attachment 12466
These are on the way to me 🙂

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I had some bonus points at WRS and I decided to spend them wisely :ROFLMAO::

a. The just released Motocorse TITANIUM Rear Wheel Nut Conical Spacer:
IMG_1809.JPGIMG_1810.JPG
IMG_1807.JPGIMG_1808.JPG
IMG_1811.JPGIMG_1812.JPG

b. WRS steering damper bracket (in case my modified CNC racing bracket did not fit:
IMG_1813.JPGIMG_1815.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member

bp_SFV4

The distance from center to center is too short on the CNC 53mm to properly align the steering damper on a V4. I was hoping the WRS was available in 53mm and was the right length center to center.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
The distance from center to center is too short on the CNC 53mm to properly align the steering damper on a V4. I was hoping the WRS was available in 53mm and was the right length center to center.
Great information. I will test fit as soon as I get the bearing for the triple clamp, I might need to go custom on mine then.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
This has been a super busy weekend, and let me share some of the progress:

This is Ducati's special tool to insert the Bearing inner race into the shaft of the front steering for the 998, however, it is too short for the Panigale V4S steering shaft, so I bought 4 steel spacers from some industrial shop that happened to have the perfect Inner and Outer Diameter.
Since these spacers are thin, I need 4 of them stacked together for enough height:
IMG_2039.JPGIMG_2040.JPG

And test fit 1 more time to make sure it is at perfect height using stock lower triple clamp:
IMG_2037.JPGIMG_2041.JPGIMG_2038.JPG

Next prepare all the tools needed, which are the heat gun, engine oil (to help lubricate), lower seals:
IMG_2042.JPGIMG_2043.JPG

Apply oil to the inner bearing race:
IMG_2044.JPG

Then heat it up:
IMG_2048.JPG

After the inner bearing race became hot, I ran to my freezer, where I had frozen the Motocorse Lower Triple Clamp since the day before and insert the hot inner bearing race.
It went smooth until the last half inch... where it just stuck (notice the Motocorse lower triple clamp still frozen):
IMG_2050.JPG

So I decided to start hammering it in with rubber hammer using the special tool (it meant for this banging):
IMG_2049.JPG

And it went down all the way:
IMG_2051.JPGIMG_2052.JPG

Take out the special tool and clean the Motocorse Lower Triple Clamp from all the ice:
IMG_2053.JPGIMG_2054.JPG

IMG_2055.JPG

Next, is to replace the steel bolt holding the bracket that holds the steering limiter with ProTi Titanium bolts:
IMG_2056.JPGIMG_2057.JPG

And add the ProTi titanium nut for locking nut:
IMG_2058.JPG

Finished with upgrading the steering limiter:
IMG_2059.JPG

Next, install the horn bracket with the bushing and ProTi Titanium bolt (transfer from the stock lower triple clamp):
IMG_2060.JPG

Continue below...

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Time to add the Gadus Grease B for most of the bearing and shaft and Grease D for the top steering shaft nut:
IMG_2061.JPG

IMG_2062.JPGIMG_2063.JPG

Put the ball bearing on it and add more Gadus Grease B:
IMG_2064.JPG

Insert the whole assembly into the frame:
IMG_2065.JPG

Hold it from the bottom (so it won't fall down), and add upper ball bearing, upper inner race, upper bearing seal and tighten them (drive it up) with the CNC Racing Titanium Steering Axle Nut:
IMG_2066.JPGIMG_2067.JPG

Then took the nut out again, and added more Grease D (yes Grease D) to the thread for the nut, plus install the Motocorse Dust Cover:
IMG_2068.JPGIMG_2070.JPG

Then tightened to 35Nm:
IMG_2071.JPG

Now I can install the Ohlins RVP-25 WSBK forks, just in time to celebrate Bautista 2023 WSBK Championship Win this weekend :cool::
IMG_2074.JPGIMG_2073.JPG

IMG_2072.JPG

Yes, they look well, you can judge for yourself ;), and here is the top view:
IMG_2075.JPG

Next, I start inserting the Melotti Racing GP Handlebar, custom modified by Diego Melotti to fit the diameter of the RVP-25:
IMG_2076.JPGIMG_2077.JPG
IMG_2077.JPGIMG_2079.JPG

IMG_2080.JPG

There are more progress done, but I am sleepy now so I will continue posting them in the next few days :D

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Here at DucatiMODIFIED, we are not only modifying bikes, but tools need to be MODIFIED too.
I have the ValterMoto wheel balancing tools, brand new, never been used, however somehow the original steel bearing already rusted on the surface and potentially could create inaccuracy in balancing due to extra friction:
IMG_2002.JPGIMG_2003.JPG

So, I decided to upgrade the bearings with CERAMIC bearings:
IMG_2004.JPGIMG_2005.JPG

IMG_2006.JPGIMG_2007.JPG

Installed the first one, and it fit perfectly:
IMG_2008.JPG

So installed the rest, and they spin oh so freely ;):
IMG_2010.JPGIMG_2011.JPG

IMG_2009.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Today, another set of washers, this time Stainless Steel arrived. I couldn't find any ready-made Titanium Washers, plus it is a very thin washer of just 1mm, so Stainless Steel is a stronger material anyway for thin applications like this:
IMG_2219.JPGIMG_2221.JPG

Before and after Anti-Seize applied:
IMG_2223.JPGIMG_2224.JPG

Then when I tried to insert it into the Titanium Axle Nut, it won't go in easily, but with a bit of "persuasion" it is actually a super tight fit, which is PERFECT:
IMG_2225.JPG

Add a lot of Gadus Grease B to the Titanium Axle Nut:
IMG_2226.JPG

Start tightening the whole Titanium Axle Nut until it goes all the way in and squeeze the Gadus Grease B out:
IMG_2227.JPGIMG_2229.JPG

Cleaned the excess Grease B so I can visually inspect it to make sure no gap (meaning the previous gap is now taken/spaced out by this stainless steel spacer):
IMG_2230.JPGIMG_2231.JPG
IMG_2232.JPG

Also check to make sure all the wheel spacer is flush and no gap:
IMG_2233.JPGIMG_2234.JPG
IMG_2235.JPG

Also, make sure the extra thickness from the stainless steel washer does not create an ugly gap with the Rizoma frame slider on the left side, yes, we can see the stainless steel washer there but it actually blends it well.
So yes, the Stainless Steel Washer works perfectly, so now the axle conversion to fit the Ohlins RVP-25 WSBK fork is done.
IMG_2236.JPG

Before I forgot, I decided to install the Motocorse Titanium Brake Caliper Screws/Bolts kit for the 108mm caliper spacing today.
First apply some Antiseize to the thead:
IMG_2237.JPGIMG_2238.JPG

Then screws them in so they are ready once I have the GP4-LM calipers. By the way, I already ordered some Motocorse 16mm Caliper Spacers along with some extra 5mm Titanium Spacers to make the spacing 21mm.
The 5mm Titanium Spacers will need to be drilled through, though, because I need them to be recessed on both sides. Anyway, I will explain and post here once they arrive to make it easy to understand:
IMG_2239.JPGIMG_2240.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Really coming together H
👍
Slowly but surely @PanigalePilot :ROFLMAO:.

By the way, I forgot to update some progress last week so the post above is actually later... so we just have to go back in time a bit... 😁 :

@HKMP7 must be very familiar with the tool below:
IMG_2082.JPG

Yes, my Rupee Polishing Kit which I bought a brand new more than a year ago, finally will be used today.

So I want to make my Melotti Racing Upper Triple Clamp just a bit more shinier so after many passes from rougher foam/polish chemical gradually to smoother foam/polish chemical...
IMG_2083.JPG

It's much shiner now:
IMG_2084.JPGIMG_2085.JPG

So it's ready to be installed. Again, please note this is a special order with 54.5mm diameter for the Ohlins RVP-25 WSBK forks, but still it is quite tight so I use my plastic car panel plier/tools to help open the gap a bit:
IMG_2086.JPG

Then I need to measure the length from the top, considering the Ohlins RVP-25 is much longer than the stock Ohlins EC forks:
IMG_2087.JPG

Once I set the length properly, time to tightened all the bolts on the Motocorse Lower Triple Clamp to 8Nm each:
IMG_2090.JPGIMG_2091.JPG

Next, I need to set the Melotti Racing GP-Handlebar flush with the Melotti Racing Upper Triple Clamp:
IMG_2098.JPG

I also need to align it's angle and luckily Melotti Racing has laser marking on both the Upper Triple Clamp and the GP-Handlebar making adjustment very easy, both left side and right side handlebars:
IMG_2100.JPGIMG_2104.JPGIMG_2099.JPGIMG_2103.JPG

Here how it looks:
IMG_2101.JPGIMG_2102.JPG

But if you noticed, the Motocorse Gold Dust Cover (that round Gold cover just below the Melotti Racing Upper Triple Clamp) has its "dimples" a bit offset (not straight), and I am unable to "slide" it by hand.
So I decided to re-align it, but first I need to loosen the CNC Racing Titanium Steering Nut again, and I will continue below...

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Then after several tries, I finally managed to align the Motocorse Gold Dust Cover "dimples" aligned symmetrically with the Melotti Racing Upper Triple Clamp.
As a bonus, the orientation of the slot for the CNC Racing Titanium Steering Nut is also much better than before:

IMG_2282.JPGIMG_2284.JPG

But then the whole height of both the Upper Triple Clamp and the Handle Bar need to be "readjust" and after final adjustment, I tighten them according to factory torque (well the upper triple clamp is 22Nm, but the Melotti Racing GP-Handlebar used 2 M6 bolts instead of 1 M8 like the factory handle bar, so I tightened them to 10Nm):
IMG_2278.JPGIMG_2281.JPG

I also slightly re-adjust the angle of the Melotti Racing GP-Handlebar to allow more space and more steering movement, but even after this, I felt, I might need to adjust more after I install the throttle grip and the switches:
IMG_2279.JPGIMG_2280.JPG

There are more updates, but I am going to eat my dinner and relax with my family now, so I will continue again in the next few days :cool:

BMW Alpina

Staff member
By the way, this is also happened almost 2 weeks ago, I test fit the spacing for rotors for this bike, so first I took out the T-Drive rotor with stock offset for Panigale V4:
IMG_2124.JPG

I then fit the custom spacer which had been cerakoted and laser marked with Brembo logo:
IMG_2127.JPG

And those Brembo laser marked logo peeking out between the holes make it looks really nice :love:.
IMG_2128.JPG

Unfortunately, the spacer is too thin, but I can't really machine another custom spacer because I worry the offset for the Brembo T-Drive Pistabassa rotor that I will need to work with the GP4-LM caliper might be slightly different than this stock offset T-Drive.
So, I need to wait until I purchase the Brembo T-Drive Pistabassa rotor.
The Pistabassa rotor is thicker at 6.75mm vs. 5.5 mm of this stock offset T-Drive. It also has a shorter band height on the friction disc. The GP4-LM Brembo caliper or my current GP4-RR caliper need this thicker 6.75mm rotor; otherwise, when the brake pad runs out, it might slip out, and that is very dangerous.
I also think the shorter band height friction surface of this Pistabassa rotor will make it look more sexy, although its price is not attractive (twice the price of the stock offset T-Drive).
Anyway, it is what it is, so my current T-Drive rotor is now for sale, and hopefully, I can get the Pistabassa rotor soon.

Here is the Pistabassa rotor I am talking about:
08E41511 BREMBO FRONT BRAKE DISC T-DRIVE PISTABASSA 330MM DUCATI PANIGALE V4 2018-2023

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I also test fit the Aluminum Brake Caliper Spacer I bought from UK (bought a long time ago), and turn out it won't fit RVP25 forks because they both have protruding ring (male), because of this I am ordering some Titanium 10mm spacer that I will also have to drill through from UK plus it will be top with Motocorse Brake Caliper Spacer (custom order from their fork bottom kit):
IMG_2122.JPG

Then I install the Carbon Fiber Lower Air Flow Cover under the Triple Clamp. This cover is original equipment of Superleggera V4:
IMG_2264.JPGIMG_2263.JPG

I really love the contrast between this Black Satin Matte Carbon Fiber against the Gold Motocorse Lower Triple Clamp :love::
IMG_2266.JPGIMG_2269.JPG

IMG_2270.JPGIMG_2272.JPG

IMG_2271.JPGIMG_2273.JPG

IMG_2274.JPGIMG_2275.JPG

IMG_2267.JPG

Then I installed the factory horn:
IMG_2276.JPGIMG_2277.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Hi everyone,
The SBK Official Merchandise Store is having a FLASH 25% sale today (only valid for 24 hours).
I just bought some nice SBK sweaters there, just in time for the Cold Winter.
Thought you guys might be interested...

I bought these 2 styles below for only 45 euros each after 25% off and free shipping on orders over 100 euros to the US (so I bought several sweaters for me and my family 😁)

Here are the links: SBK V4 ENGINE HOODIE and SBK LOGO HOODIE

1699722650193.png1699722741423.png

Below is copy and paste of the email containing the discount code:

⏰ 25% OFF only for 24 hrs ⏰
Take advantage now and get a 25% discount on your WorldSBK merch. Choose your favourites and use the code FLASH11/11 at checkout to get your discount.
DISCOUNT CODE: FLASH11/11
Sounds good? Hurry up! It's only active for 24 hours, and some bestsellers are already selling out. KRT, BMW, Riders, and much more merch is waiting for you ⚡