DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Last week, I tested the CNC Racing steering damper bracket. Please note that this CNC Racing steering damper has been enlarged from the original 53mm diameter to 54.5mm diameter to fit the RVP 25 forks.
However, I forgot to ask for it to also be "chamfered," so it was having an issue during the initial contact to fit the Ohlins RVP 25 forks.
IMG_2288.JPG

So I used Dremel to chamfered the corners:
IMG_2287.JPG

Then I get rid of the rough surface step by step using light sanding and finally polishing tools to get them to mirror polish:
IMG_2289.JPG
IMG_2290.JPG

IMG_2292.JPG

IMG_2293.JPG

Now they fit well to the RVP 25 forks:

IMG_2295.JPG

IMG_2297.JPG

IMG_2298.JPG

But as @bp_SFV4 pointed out before they were not long enough so the Ohlins steering damper is not position straight in relation to the upper triple clamp:
IMG_2300.JPG

They still will works, and the steering will still have enough play from lock to lock in my case, but they need to be about 1 cm longer as shown in the picture below (to make them perfect):
IMG_2301.JPG

IMG_2302.JPG

IMG_2306.JPG

So I will do something about this soon :cool:

BMW Alpina

Staff member
The Spider damper bracket works perfectly. I have a 2021 V4S so I can only speak to the 51mm one, but it lines up perfectly.
Thanks @bp_SFV4 ,
I saw the Spider bracket, but (unlike the CNC Racing version) I cannot modify the Spider from 53mm to 54.5mm diameter because it uses a hinges design, and the wall will be too thin around the hinges area if I machined it to 54.5mm.

bp_SFV4

I was under the impression they made different sizes. Have you considered going to a race style side damper mount?

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I was under the impression they made different sizes. Have you considered going to a race-style side damper mount?
Spider Racing made 2 different offsets, but only 1 diameter forks (53mm).
I don't want a side damper mount because of 2 things: I like my steering damper to be visible near the upper triple clamp, and I believe my 2020 style fairing might not fit easily. I remember it requires taking out the left radiator coolant overflow bottle.

bp_SFV4

If you're running street fairings (or track fairings that use them) the inner air conveyers don't fit IIRC with the side mount. I'm not entirely sure. I think the left overflow will work. There's a lot of empty space with the wide body Panigales.

I do like the top mounted for aesthetics though.

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Then after several tries, I finally managed to align the Motocorse Gold Dust Cover "dimples" aligned symmetrically with the Melotti Racing Upper Triple Clamp.
As a bonus, the orientation of the slot for the CNC Racing Titanium Steering Nut is also much better than before:

View attachment 12941View attachment 12942

But then the whole height of both the Upper Triple Clamp and the Handle Bar need to be "readjust" and after final adjustment, I tighten them according to factory torque (well the upper triple clamp is 22Nm, but the Melotti Racing GP-Handlebar used 2 M6 bolts instead of 1 M8 like the factory handle bar, so I tightened them to 10Nm):
View attachment 12943View attachment 12944

I also slightly re-adjust the angle of the Melotti Racing GP-Handlebar to allow more space and more steering movement, but even after this, I felt, I might need to adjust more after I install the throttle grip and the switches:
View attachment 12945View attachment 12946

There are more updates, but I am going to eat my dinner and relax with my family now, so I will continue again in the next few days :cool:
nice work H
Polishing is fun when you get a good result 👍😀

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Thanks @PanigalePilot ,

I have more updates, I just don't have time yet to post it. Each time I work until super late at night...
Anyway, today I have time to post a small update:

The Melotti Racing ABS/Speed sensor bracket that they machine for Barni Racing Team WSBK bikes works perfectly for my stock wheel and Ohlins RPV25, however, they might be a bit too far so I think I will need to space out the sensor WHEEL (that black small wheel).
So if any of you are interested in upgrading your fork to RVP25, then this bracket is an easy turn key solution for you (well almost turn key):
IMG_2133.JPGIMG_2134.JPG

IMG_2135.JPGIMG_2136.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I custom CNC machined the adapter for the Rizoma Front Wheel Slider so it flush mounts again since the axle for the Ohlins RVP25 has a smaller diameter than the original Ohlins EC forks.
This custom adapter is Black Anodized and machined from the 7075-T6 aluminum so much stronger than the original plastic of Rizoma, and it arrived a few days ago:
IMG_2453.JPG

Here how it differ compare to the original from Rizoma:
IMG_2458.JPGIMG_2459.JPG

As you can see in the picture below, the Rizoma original adapter cannot go inside the axle making it protruding out:
IMG_2456.JPG

So I am replacing it with this custom machine adapter:
IMG_2457.JPG

As you can see below, it now fully inserted into the axle inner diameter:
IMG_2460.JPGIMG_2461.JPG

IMG_2462.JPG

However, when I inserted the Rizoma frame slider, it has a gap of about 1mm (picture below):
IMG_2463.JPG

Initially, I was confused since the measurement of the inner diameter of 38.55 mm should CLEAR the Rizoma frame slider... until I realized I did not compensate for the possibility that the rod going through that inner through hole is not perfectly centered.
This means that when this adapter was machined, the inner through hole was not drilled perfectly centered, and when I only give about 0.1mm of tolerance, well, let's just say it won't meet the tolerance.
So, I just bought a drill stand from Amazon that should arrive tomorrow. I need this drill stand to drill some other parts anyway :cool:
IMG_2464.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I spent another day with my Foggy 916 😘
but I am too tired to update, so I just have a picture for today to sum it up...
After maybe 2 years of "continuous improvement", it's so nice to see the "number 1" again fully "MODIFIED," of course 😉
(hmmm... those legs err... forks looks beefier, like it had been going to the gym lately) :cool:
IMG_2575.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I know the Melotti Racing Mudguard Adapter fit the Ohlins RVP 25 WSBK forks, but will it fit the stock Ducati Panigale V4S Carbon Fiber mudguard?

IMG_2509.JPGIMG_2510.JPG

The answer is YES, but need 10mm spacers, so the edge of the Carbon Fiber Mudguard CLEAR the Melotti Racing adapter "triangle shape":
IMG_2505.JPGIMG_2507.JPG

IMG_2506.JPGIMG_2507.JPG

I then check to make sure the ABS Speed Sensor fit the Melotti Racing Speed Sensor adapter which also fit the Ohlins RVP25 mounting holes for speed sensor:
IMG_2511.JPG

Oh, notice the Melotti Racing RAW NON-Anodized aluminum already oxidizing rapidly? BEcause they are 7075-T6 which if left unanodized will oxidize faster.
So I will mirror polish them and painted them anodized RED :cool:

Then I decided I want to make sure the speed sensor wire will have enough slack so I start re-routing the wire, removing any slack and gaining about 10 inches more wire length:
IMG_2512.JPGIMG_2513.JPG

IMG_2514.JPGIMG_2529.JPG
IMG_2530.JPG

Apuca

I know the Melotti Racing Mudguard Adapter fit the Ohlins RVP 25 WSBK forks, but will it fit the stock Ducati Panigale V4S Carbon Fiber mudguard?

View attachment 13091View attachment 13092

The answer is YES, but need 10mm spacers, so the edge of the Carbon Fiber Mudguard CLEAR the Melotti Racing adapter "triangle shape":
View attachment 13093View attachment 13094

View attachment 13095View attachment 13096

I then check to make sure the ABS Speed Sensor fit the Melotti Racing Speed Sensor adapter which also fit the Ohlins RVP25 mounting holes for speed sensor:
View attachment 13097

Oh, notice the Melotti Racing RAW NON-Anodized aluminum already oxidizing rapidly? BEcause they are 7075-T6 which if left unanodized will oxidize faster.
So I will mirror polish them and painted them anodized RED :cool:

Then I decided I want to make sure the speed sensor wire will have enough slack so I start re-routing the wire, removing any slack and gaining about 10 inches more wire length:
View attachment 13098View attachment 13099

View attachment 13100View attachment 13101
View attachment 13102
This bike is bike of the “century”. You should really award yourself bike of the month Howard.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
This bike is bike of the “century”. You should really award yourself bike of the month Howard.

Thanks so much for the kind words @Apuca , I really appreciate it. :D

Next thing I did during Thanksgiving holidays, originally, I want to use (and bought brand new set) of original Ducati Steering Stopper Stud combined with ProTi Titanium Nut, but I think it looks not up to par with the Motocorse lower triple clamp:
IMG_2515.JPG

So I replace it with ProTi Titanium Bolt instead:
IMG_2517.JPGIMG_2518.JPG

Next I installed the horn back:
IMG_2531.JPGIMG_2533.JPG

Then I reroute the 2 cable for left and right turn signal because I will no longer use mirror with LED turn signal integrated, so now the LED turn signal cable will come out from the side of the airbox:
IMG_2536.JPGIMG_2537.JPG

Only later I realize the mounting location of the Rizoma smallest turn signal for my bike is further front so I will have to reroute these 2 cables later....

I then tidy up the wiring for the headlight, exactly the way Ducati service manual guidance:
IMG_2540.JPGIMG_2541.JPG

Install the airflow sensor back to the air intake (too bad ProTi does not have replacement screws for this super small screws):
IMG_2543.JPGIMG_2544.JPG

Reconnect the connector to the air flow sensor:
IMG_2545.JPG

And install this Carbon Fiber Superleggera Air Intake Assembly (with the headlight), oh of course use AntiSeize for the bolts:
IMG_2548.JPGIMG_2547.JPG

Voila, the MENACING INTIMIDATING EYE of Panigale is back on the bike:
IMG_2551.JPGIMG_2550.JPG
IMG_2549.JPG

Yap, Full Superleggera Front Carbon Fiber parts:
IMG_2552.JPGIMG_2564.JPG

IMG_2559.JPGIMG_2563.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Oh, almost forgot,
I also need to secure the 2 wire harness going to the headlight to the resonator box using the special zip tie from Ducati with locking teeth:
IMG_2553.JPGIMG_2554.JPG

IMG_2555.JPGIMG_2556.JPG

IMG_2558.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
The next step is installing the Rizoma Stealth Mirror and I start with getting the Ducati original gasket,
IMG_2565.JPG

But then I notice inside the Rizoma Stealth kit, they have similar gasket with backing adhesive and I decide to use this and attached it to the Magnesium Subframe... well turn out later I realize, this suppose to go under the Rizoma Stealth Mirror based,
but it's too late, so I am buying a replacement material from Amazon and will later add it to the base of the Rizoma Stealth Mirror and leave this gasket from Rizoma attached to the magnesium subframe.
IMG_2570.JPG

IMG_2571.JPGIMG_2572.JPG

For test fit, I use the thick rubber oem Ducati Gasket that came with the original Ducati mirror under Rizoma Stealth base:

IMG_2574.JPG

Then before I install it, I test fit the Superleggera V4 Carbon Fiber backing plate set:
IMG_2573.JPG

I then put some Rubber Grease to make it easier to insert the front fairing clip:
IMG_2567.JPG

For now, I am using this ProTi bolt that I have, but I order a different style ProTi bolt with larger diameter head to make it looks nicer.
I must say that it is VERY HARD to install the bolt because it keep want to "cross thread" The thread on the Rizoma Stealth is so SOFT, perhaps they choose this aluminum material to make it easy to machined beautifully but it also cause the thread is so soft.
It took me several hours (yes no kidding) just to insert all the thread carefully and I manage to avoid cross threading.
It also might be cause by the thick rubber gasket. anyway, Rizoma should improve the thread inside with perhaps steel insert.
IMG_2589.JPGIMG_2590.JPG

But once they were installed, wow, so GORGEOUS 😘 🥰 😍:
IMG_2591.JPGIMG_2576.JPG

IMG_2577.JPGIMG_2581.JPG

IMG_2592.JPGIMG_2593.JPG

IMG_2588.JPGIMG_2584.JPG

IMG_2587.JPGIMG_2586.JPG

IMG_2583.JPGIMG_2585.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
The Ohlins Special Tools (Clamp Insert) with the right diameter to take out the inner tube from the fork bottom finally arrived (diameter 34.2mm), so I took out the inner tube and am now able to advertise the whole Ohlins EC cartridge since this inner tube is part of the cartridge assembly. I am also selling my stock Ohlins's fork bottom.
IMG_2602.JPGIMG_2603.JPG

IMG_2604.JPGIMG_2605.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I then started test fitting the Rizoma LED front turn signal:

IMG_2594.JPGIMG_2595.JPG

IMG_2596.JPG

First installing the turn signal into the machined aluminum bracket:
IMG_2597.JPGIMG_2598.JPG

But after trying including using silicone lubricant, I realized, this will require some cutting of the wiring so I decide to postponed it later:
IMG_2599.JPGIMG_2600.JPG

The wire need to be soldered to this connector adapter:
IMG_2601.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Alright Ladies and Gentlemen,

I want to introduce you to the PISTABASSA NARROW-Band T-Drive Thicker Brembo Rotors, just arrived yesterday 😘:

IMG_2766.JPGIMG_2767.JPG

Please note that this is the correct rotor to be used with Brembo GP4-RR or GP4-LM Racing Specific Caliper. It has a Lower Height (NARROW-BAND) of the Friction Surface but is THICKER for better Thermal Capacity.
The regular T-Drive rotor can fit with the GP4-RR or GP4-LM when it is new and still at its full 5.5mm thickness, however:
a. It will have a "ring of shame" or ring of rust because it will not be swiped by the shorter height brake pads on the GP4-RR or GP4-LM
b. Once the rotor gets thinner and the brake pads are also worn out, there is a high risk of the brake pads falling off the caliper, which will result in catastrophe.

That is why I decided to sell my regular T-Drive rotor and purchase this PISTABASSA even though these are twice the price of the regular T-Drive.

However, as a bonus, well, it looks even sexier :love::

IMG_2782.JPG

IMG_2783.JPGIMG_2784.JPG

IMG_2771.JPGIMG_2776.JPG

IMG_2772.JPGIMG_2773.JPG

IMG_2774.JPGIMG_2775.JPG

IMG_2777.JPGIMG_2778.JPG

IMG_2779.JPGIMG_2780.JPG

IMG_2781.JPG

bp_SFV4

Awesome parts, but has to be some of the most wasteful packaging ever. I've been looking into how to make carbon fiber parts, and at least in the motorcycle space, the amount of single use materials used in the manufacturing is shocking. I really think the next big thing in industry will be the refinement of single use items and packaging. It has to be the biggest loss (expense) going.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Awesome parts, but has to be some of the most wasteful packaging ever. I've been looking into how to make carbon fiber parts, and at least in the motorcycle space, the amount of single use materials used in the manufacturing is shocking. I really think the next big thing in industry will be the refinement of single use items and packaging. It has to be the biggest loss (expense) going.
This packaging is designed to provide the customer with the "WOW" unboxing experience to further justify the ahem "price" :ROFLMAO:
I agree with you that this packaging is a waste, but in the end, the cost of the packaging is passed onto the customer.
At least for me personally, I don't mind paying a bit more (for the extravagant packaging) just to ... well.... "enhance" that "WOW" unboxing experience ;)