DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Howard are you by chance selling the license plate block off the carbon one form Peter Lieb? I have the under tail but he does not sell that any longer.
Hi Apuca,
I not planning to sell it just in case someday, I need it.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Middle of the week update 😁
Thanks to @ggok for pointing out the Kohken Multi-Swivel tool extension, and it finally arrived today:
IMG_1545.JPG

Also, a few days ago while browsing on eBay, I found this Ducati Performance Original Carbon Fiber Chain Cover in New Condition part# 44610021B, the price on eBay was only $155 (already include tax and shipping) while at Ducati Omaha it cost $616.59 link here: 44610021B - CHAIN GUARD
So I decided to just buy it, although I never knew whether I will be able to use it or not (but hopefully I can use it in the future though ;)) because this chain guard is for the Ducati 916/996/998 model but you know, just in case 😘

IMG_1546.JPGIMG_1547.JPG
IMG_1548.JPGIMG_1549.JPG

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Few important parts arrived today 😁:

First, the ORIGINAL Termignoni Rivets from the US Importer of Termignoni @Brock @BrocksPerf who is also our forum official vendor arrived today !. Thanks @Brock @BrocksPerf for shipping them so fast to me (y):
I also purchase some extra exhaust springs and Termignoni logo:
View attachment 3435

Then, more Ducati Panigale V4 SUPERLEGGERA (and V4R) CARBON Fiber parts arrived:

First, the Panigale V4 SUPERLEGGERA CARBON Fiber Radiator Frame:
View attachment 3436View attachment 3437

View attachment 3438View attachment 3439

They look amazing, unfortunately, one of the lower mounting stud that hold the oil cooler broke during shipment. Judging from the way they were attached, I am guessing there will be a lot of complain from V4 SUPERLEGGERA owner who track their bike,
because I have a feeling the strong vibration from track use will crack and broke this mounting stud eventually. They are not firmly attached to the carbon fiber fabric (not anchored deep enough).
However, since this is DUCATImodifed.com, we don't complain, but channel our energy in finding solution 🤓😊
So, I am purchasing some carbon fiber fabric and will do some reinforcement along the base of the STUD 😉. More details about this soon.

View attachment 3440View attachment 3441

It suppose to look like this below:
View attachment 3442

Now, this is the V4 SUPERLEGGERA Lower Triple Clamp CARBON Fiber cover:
View attachment 3443View attachment 3444

and last, this is the V4R, Lower Subframe CARBON Fiber cover, again this is the V4R version. I need this version because there will be some more surprise modification to the rear suspension 😉
Notice that at one end, it was painted silver... I am guessing this is the location where it got very close to the Exhaust Manifold and the Silver Paint also function as extra heat shield/protection:
View attachment 3445View attachment 3446
Wow very cool

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Weekend Update 😁:

I checked the carbon fiber layer that I added last weekend to the Panigale V4 Superleggera Carbon Fiber Radiator Frame, and... well, it looks strong enough but there are some area where it was not fully covered as in this pictures below... so I add some epoxy to cover that area.
Pictures below were before I add some epoxy so more update this weekend:
IMG_1554.JPGIMG_1555.JPG

Some parts also arrived today:
The Adaptor Cable for tuning the ECU that @ggok recommend (Thanks again to @ggok ), although I am not sure whether I will need this or not, but just in case, while they are available for cheap on eBay so why not 🤑
IMG_1557.JPG

Then... the part that I had been waiting since almost a year ago finally arrived today, The Brembo RCS16 Corsa Corta Clutch Master Cylinder :cool::
IMG_1558.JPGIMG_1559.JPG
IMG_1560.JPGIMG_1561.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Sunday update 😊:

I apply epoxy to cover some holes on the carbon fiber layer to reinforced the stud that hold the radiator on the V4 Superleggera Carbon Fiber frame:
IMG_1562.JPGIMG_1563.JPG

But now it look GREY Epoxy Ugly, initially I was thinking of painting the epoxy gloss black, but then I decided, why not just added ANOTHER layer of Carbon Fiber to cover the epoxy so I did it again today, and now I am very confident that it is way stronger than when it come from Ducati factory 😜:
IMG_1573.JPGIMG_1574.JPG

Then I decided I am painting the back side of the lower carbon fiber chain guard semi gloss black to hide the ugly unfinished back side of the carbon fiber, however, when I took picture, it was under direct sunlight and somehow my iPhone pick up strange weird color (error) of red on the pictures below, but trust me, in reality it is semi gloss black:
IMG_1566.JPG

After that, I decided to paint the M8 Plate for the Termignoni bracket in Matte Gold, hoping it will look like Magnesium:
IMG_1569.JPGIMG_1570.JPG

It does look like Magnesium all right, but now I think it doesn't look that good, but I will wait until it dry so I can test fit on the Termignoni Silencer to see how it really look, and if I still don't like it, next week, I will repaint it in Semi Gloss Black 🧐

Then I decided to start the Polishing process, First, the Titanium Washer for the Front Sprocket, left picture before polishing, right picture AFTER polishing, much more shinier 😎:

IMG_1575.JPGIMG_1576.JPG

Then painting it anodized red, beautiful isn't it 😍:
IMG_1577.JPGIMG_1578.JPG

Next polishing the stainless steel bracket for the lower chain guard, left picture before, right picture AFTER:
IMG_1583.JPGIMG_1584.JPG
I was thinking of painting this stainless steel bracket anodized red too, but I think it will be too much in that location so next week, I will just clear coated it 🙂

Last, I polish the aluminum thermostat bypass, and next week I will pain this in anodized red, first picture before, the other pictures AFTER polishing:
IMG_1586.JPGIMG_1587.JPG
IMG_1588.JPGIMG_1589.JPG

Ups, I forgot one more thing, I also polish the SC-Project WSBK exhaust bracket, left picture before, right picture AFTER polishing:
IMG_1590.JPGIMG_1592.JPG:

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I just placed an order for the Rizoma Stealth Mirror (in black color) and the small Rizoma turn signal with mounting kit for Panigale V4. They told me the delivery time is approximately early summer (if you order now, so hurry up😇), I am sure the demand is super high now 😀
By the way, I ordered them from Randy and Lyle at Bellissimoto, best price in town 🤑(y);)

1618943116122.png

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
I just placed an order for the Rizoma Stealth Mirror (in black color) and the small Rizoma turn signal with mounting kit for Panigale V4. They told me the delivery time is approximately early summer (if you order now, so hurry up😇), I am sure the demand is super high now 😀
By the way, I ordered them from Randy and Lyle at Bellissimoto, best price in town 🤑(y);)

View attachment 3762
I wonder how difficult it would be to modify them to fit the 1299 🤔

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I wonder how difficult it would be to modify them to fit the 1299 🤔
Whenever there is a will, there is a way 😇, well, some adaptor plate to align the bolts might be needed, and worse case is some cut and welding.
But once done, your 1299 will be the only one with the Rizoma Stealth Mirror ;)

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Weekdays update 😁:

I test fit the Matte Gold painted M8 mounting plate to the back of the Termignoni, and turn out, it didn't look bad at all, so I decided to keep this color and not repainted it black. But this mean, I will need to purchase all ProTi Titanium Bolts in TITANIUM SILVER color to contrast this matte gold plate, but it's a good thing since I think it will match the Motocorse exhaust washer better and also in harmony with the Termignoni Silencers:
IMG_1602.JPG IMG_1603.JPGIMG_1604.JPG

Next, the Superleggera V4 Carbon Fiber Radiator Frame finally ready for test fit:
IMG_1610.JPGIMG_1611.JPG

Then, I suddenly realized, I had one thing that I had been itching to install for a long long long time, which is the AELLA Radiator and Oil Cooler Protector:
IMG_7800.JPGIMG_7799.JPG

Initially, I am a bit confused because the AELLA radiator protector came as FLAT pieces while the radiator itself is CURVED, but then I figure it out, so first you need to install the upper hooks:
IMG_1612.JPGIMG_1613.JPG

Then gently press the side mounting taps while the AELLA it self is already almost fully curved after both hooks above is firmly hooked:
IMG_1615.JPGIMG_1614.JPG

Last, lock the lower part of the AELLA radiator protector into place, then lock it further using the 2 rubber bushings:
IMG_1616.JPG

Once you do all the above, install the whole radiator with AELLA radiator protector onto the SUPERLEGGERA V4 Carbon Fiber Radiator Frame from the back side:
IMG_1617.JPG

Please note from the pictures below that AELLA is the only one who make the holes of the protector smaller on the center area (to protect from the flying debris out of the front wheel), with larger holes outward to allow for better air flow cooling.

Now, time to ADMIRE the GORGEOUS Gradiation of Matte Carbon Fiber with finely made Stainless Steel AELLA Radiator Protector, just look at that, aren't they gorgeous match made in heaven? :love:😘🥰.

IMG_1619.JPGIMG_1620.JPG
IMG_1618.JPG

I am glad I choose AELLA over Motocorse for this radiator protector because although Motocorse use Titanium as their material, however, their golden titanium color make it seemed like the radiator is RUSTING, while this Stainless Steel color from AELLA make the radiator looks shiny new 😇
Plus, I always don't like a part with their logo/label that is to pronounced like the SC-Project silencer logo (why I prefer Termignonis logo), because the main star in this movie is DUCATI and AELLA or Motocorse or SC-Project is just there to "support" in a supporting role 😉
The Motocorse version have their logo too pronounced with the size and the color of he logo (red font), while the AELLA logo in this screen protector is more "discreet", more connoisseur style 😎

Next, to install the AELLA protector for the oil cooler:
First is to install the rubber spacer provided by AELLA on the lower side of the oil cooler, picture below before and after:
IMG_1621.JPGIMG_1622.JPG

Then just slice the AELLA oil cooler protector (bottom side with lock tab goes in first), then lock the upper side with the rubber bushings:
IMG_1623.JPG

Installed pictures:
IMG_1624.JPGIMG_1626.JPG

I can't wait to install the whole SUPERLEGGERA V4 Carbon Fiber Radiator/Oil Cooler Frame to this Oil Cooler/AELLA protector setup, but I think I will do it tomorrow because there are many steps before I can do that (ala DUCATImodified.com) 🤪
Ok, I am hungry now and about to eat dinner so please stay tune for this week, WEEKEND UPDATE 🤣

BMW Alpina

Staff member
So nice 👍

Aella is a Japanese company, right? Is it named after the founder?
Good morning and Thanks so much Craig 😃,
Yes, AELLA is a Japanese company, the founder I believe is their current CEO Masaharu Kasuno.
I think I read on their old website page (or from an article) that He started CASUNO MOTORCYCLES CO.,LTD. after he resigned from Racing.
AELLA is their "brand name".
Here is their company info link: 会社概要
1619282139579.png

What I like about their product is their claim about the accuracy (I believe what they really mean is actually a repeatability number) of their machining is up to 1/1000mm or 1 micron.
I sold a lot of robots this past 3 years and my most precise 6 axis robots only reach 5 micron repeatability so 1 micron is really good.
Here is the webpage about this claim from them: AELLAについて | AELLA
screenshot:
1619281984199.png

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Thank you for the insight. 👊

I agree - Aella products are very nice. What is the meaning of “Aella” then?
Good question, but I don't know 😅, at least not what the Casuno motorcycles interpretation, but from google I found this below:
1619284648328.png

A lot of companies in Asia like to brand their product with Western/English Pronunciation and Character since it make it easier for people to understand and sounds more familiar.
Even his company name is Casuno instead of KASUNO which is his true last name, just like Toyota instead of TOYODA.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Good question, but I don't know 😅, at least not what the Casuno motorcycles interpretation, but from google I found this below:
View attachment 3794

A lot of companies in Asia like to brand their product with Western/English Pronunciation and Character since it make it easier for people to understand and sounds more familiar.
Even his company name is Casuno instead of KASUNO which is his true last name, just like Toyota instead of TOYODA.
(y)