Ducati Panigale Bayliss 1st Championship 20th Anniversary - Project Build

KODAKHODAK

G'Day Ducati Friends,

Welcome to my Project Build of my Bayliss V2 Panigale, here ill share a variety of modifications and accessories ill add to my Ducati. Currently the bike is yet to arrive, expected end of May! While I wait patiently I have purchased a variety of goodies to get the project started:

Current Items Purchased:

- Ducati Akrapovic Racing Exhaust Full System Titanium
- Ducati Performance LED Indicators Rear
- Ducati Performance Short Rear License Plate Holder Carbon Number Panigale V4/V2
- Ducati Performance Tank Protector Carbon
- Ducati UNI Bike Cover (RED)
- Ducati Performance Carbon Front Mudguard (Matte)
- Ducati Performance Carbon Rear Mudguard (Matte)
- CNC Racing Carbon Fuel Tank Cap
- CNC Racing Anodised Red Wheel Valve Cap
- CNC Racing Anodised Red Oil Cap
- CNC Racing Clear Oil Bath Clutch Cover (RED)
- CNC Racing Pressure Plate Oil Bath Clutch with Bearing - Bicolor (BLACK)
- CNC Racing Ring Pressure Plate Oil Bath Clutch - (RED)
- CNC Racing Clutch Guard Carbon Race - with Anodised Red End Caps (Matt Finish)
- Evotech Performance Upper & Lower Radiator Guards (BLACK)
- WRS Race High Widnscreen (SMOKED)
- Rizoma Stealth Mirrors (BLACK)
- LED Turn Signals Front (Integrated under the Rizoma Mirrors)
- Eazi-Grip Tank Grips (CLEAR)
- Eazi-Grip Dash Protector (CLEAR)

That's about it for the current list of items that I have purchased while waiting for the bike, however just recently I modified the LED Turn signals to sit under the Rizoma Stealth Mirrors... Now I really wish Rizoma would make this mod be part of the mirrors as I find having them up high near the mirrors is probably the best location for safety when your approaching traffic towards you. I have seen Bar End LED turn Signals and other options but feel they might not be a seen easily so the option was to place them up high. Below is a few images of what I did to achieve this fitment. It required some drilling, use of a dremel and some filling to smooth the burred edges I created. Tip* Note the last image how I had to cut a slot for the the lip on the Rizoma Stealth Mirror to sit flat, just take your time to cut the slot and test several times to when it sits flat.... Also be mindful on when you make the holes that your keep your eye on the LED lighting in the plastic, your won't hit it as there is just enough room to make the holes bigger so it fits the shoulder lugs from the Rizoma base. Overall it looks pretty good and a cheap alternative as I bought these LED Indicators from AliExpress for $35AUD which isn't a huge expense if your stuff up.

Ill share a install photo with LED's working when I get the bike in my hands in coming month. Till then enjoy and ask away if you have questions.

Cheers
Frank

TNWODXOWKJHZXALOHEX2ZPR5OM.jpg
IMG_6890.jpg
IMG_6886.jpg
IMG_6884.jpg

Last edited:

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Beautiful bike, I’ve seen a few of them in person since they arrived at dealers. Handy list of upgrades as well - are you coming off previous Ducati’s?

KODAKHODAK

Beautiful bike, I’ve seen a few of them in person since they arrived at dealers. Handy list of upgrades as well - are you coming off previous Ducati’s?
My first Ducati was a new 848 EVO had this for several years which entered me into the red devil world of Ducati
C60E1FA6-4769-46F3-9A5B-F79F8AD6E9FE.jpeg
Then sold the 848 Evo as the new model at the time was coming which was the 959 Panigale and boy what a huge difference this bike was, super light and smooth compared to my 848 Evo
DDDE4B93-3B20-4415-84D6-F0A1CE0DB0F7.jpeg
The 958 was only sold to make way for the Bayliss which I placed an order last September 2021 - seriously can’t wait and keen to test her in the track here at Wakefield Motorsport Park & Sydney Motorsport Park in Australia 🇦🇺

Last time on track was when I worked as a graphic designer / photographer at the newest Motorsport Park The Bend in South Australia 2nd largest circuit in the world with multiple configuration - We rode on the International Circuit 4.95km 18 corners 1km straight with loads of technical corners that challenge you. I am no expert in track riding but I like a good flex to enjoy what the Ducati is built for here is a video of my track day: The Bend Motorsport Park Track Day

Last edited:

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Thats awesome, the 848/1x98 look and sound is phenomenal - never ridden one but a timeless machine.
Great video too theres a lot of corners to remember there! I would love to head down that way and spend a couple days at the Bend... Still learning my way around eastern creek lol, haven't even made it Wakefield yet either. Are you a Goulburn local these days?

KODAKHODAK

Thats awesome, the 848/1x98 look and sound is phenomenal - never ridden one but a timeless machine.
Great video too theres a lot of corners to remember there! I would love to head down that way and spend a couple days at the Bend... Still learning my way around eastern creek lol, haven't even made it Wakefield yet either. Are you a Goulburn local these days?
Located in Canberra near Phillip we moved here last August and keen to check out the riding around the mountains here. The Bend is a great track but my favourite circuit is Philip Island, had the chance to flex my 848 Evo back in the days and wow what a track just fast a flowy

KODAKHODAK

Sharing a few items that are in my hands currently, looking forward to installing the Ducati Performance Carbon Matte Front & Rear Guards - Quality as many on here might know is very nice, that comes with a nice price tag too... glad I went down this path as I was searching for other brands but couldn't find the quality I wanted. I am guaranteed these will look better on the bike than on my coffee table :ROFLMAO:

IMG_6907.JPG

IMG_6906.JPG

IMG_6908.JPG

IMG_6909.JPG

KODAKHODAK

Next on the list, something I never did on my previous Ducati's was to protect the radiator - Now there is many other brands out there, but what I found with Evotech was the clean, no gap when installed, there is some good reviews on Youtube to showcase this but ill show some images when installed in coming months. Quality of this product and packaging is very nice indeed and it feels solid.

IMG_6911.JPG

IMG_6912.JPG

IMG_6913.JPG

IMG_6914.JPG

KODAKHODAK

From previous modification builds on my other Ducati's I always went with Zero Gravity products for the Windscreen, but this time I changed to WRS which I am so glad I did, not only is this a Race High Windscreen, the tint on it is subtle and do like the little feature protection trim that it comes with. Bought via WRS.it awesome service and fast shipping worldwide.

IMG_6921.jpg

IMG_6920.JPG

KODAKHODAK

I am a bit of a fan of CNC Racing products, both bikes previously have always had some CNC Racing gear on them, now to compliment the top of the tank I wanted a more race feel, previously had a Ducati Performance Tank Cap, but this time I opted for a Matte Finish Carbon version which I seen on YouTube fitted to other bikes and looks super clean.

Other little details, my standard CNC Racing Red Valve Caps and Oil Cap

IMG_6916.jpg

IMG_6917.JPG

That's it for now, I still have my CNC Racing Clutch Bath Cover/Pressure Plate and Brake Guard in Matte Carbon with Anodised Red Bar End to come as they haven't yet arrived.

KODAKHODAK

My first Ducati was a new 848 EVO had this for several years which entered me into the red devil world of Ducati
View attachment 8335
Then sold the 848 Evo as the new model at the time was coming which was the 959 Panigale and boy what a huge difference this bike was, super light and smooth compared to my 848 Evo
View attachment 8336
The 958 was only sold to make way for the Bayliss which I placed an order last September 2021 - seriously can’t wait and keen to test her in the track here at Wakefield Motorsport Park & Sydney Motorsport Park in Australia 🇦🇺

Last time on track was when I worked as a graphic designer / photographer at the newest Motorsport Park The Bend in South Australia 2nd largest circuit in the world with multiple configuration - We rode on the International Circuit 4.95km 18 corners 1km straight with loads of technical corners that challenge you. I am no expert in track riding but I like a good flex to enjoy what the Ducati is built for here is a video of my track day: The Bend Motorsport Park Track Day
Also forgot to mention my first ever road bike when on my Learners was a Cagier Mito 125cc 525SP model, bought this brand new for $8900, such an awesome machine once you throw a decent race pipe on it

1917715_121691411185_5268043_n.jpeg

KODAKHODAK

Update 7th July, 2022.... Still no bike, but I am sure its in the middle of the ocean somewhere as its due to land this month, anyways in the meantime here is a few more goodies to have arrived:

1. Factory Carbon Tank Protector
2. CNC Racing Carbon Brake Guard with CNC Bar Ends
3. Ducati Performance Bike Cover
4. Ducati Performance Tidy Tail Carbon with Factory DP LED Turn Signals

That's all for show at this stage... the longer it takes to get this bike the more work ahead of me when she arrives LOLIMG_9604.jpgIMG_9607.jpgIMG_9606.jpgIMG_9602.jpgIMG_9601.jpg

KODAKHODAK

Few more goodies arrived today, Rear Shock Carbon Cover Ducati Performance Original for the V2 Bayliss & my old trustee Italian Number plate reflector, every Ducati I have owned has this little flag on the back.... guess its the little things that matter :giggle:

IMG_9815_shock.jpg

KODAKHODAK

Great news everyone bike has landed in Australia this week, today got confirmation the full akrapovic exhaust is fitted, and bike will be shipped to my work as I live in another state at the time of order in my Bayliss… not long till I share photos with all the goods on here… what I might do is share each bolt-on with photos as I build here. The numbered series I got is #2104 named her Bayliss Dovi 💚🤍❤

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Great news everyone bike has landed in Australia this week, today got confirmation the full akrapovic exhaust is fitted, and bike will be shipped to my work as I live in another state at the time of order in my Bayliss… not long till I share photos with all the goods on here… what I might do is share each bolt-on with photos as I build here. The numbered series I got is #2104 named her Bayliss Dovi 💚🤍❤
Wow, congratulations KODAKHODAK, can't wait to see the transformation of Bayliss Dovi :love:

KODAKHODAK

Finally pulled the pin on NEW set of Marchesini M7RS Genesi Wheel Set for the Bayliss in Matte Black, WRS.it had 15% discount and been eyeing them out for over a few weeks now. Not sure how the Matte Black will look on the Bayliss ill see when the wheels arrive and the Bayliss in less than 10 days away to land at my work, exciting times. Not long till I can start putting the project all together with everything that I have mentioned so far.... Question for the forum, any idea what the OEM Bayliss Rims would be worth? AUD $$$

MarchesiniM7RS.jpg

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Finally pulled the pin on NEW set of Marchesini M7RS Genesi Wheel Set for the Bayliss in Matte Black, WRS.it had 15% discount and been eyeing them out for over a few weeks now. Not sure how the Matte Black will look on the Bayliss ill see when the wheels arrive and the Bayliss in less than 10 days away to land at my work, exciting times. Not long till I can start putting the project all together with everything that I have mentioned so far.... Question for the forum, any idea what the OEM Bayliss Rims would be worth? AUD $$$

View attachment 9877
Hi @KODAKHODAK
That is an excellent choice of wheel (y)
Regarding your stock wheel, I check and found that front wheel is part# 50122341AD and rear wheel is part# 50212181AD
And the lowest brand new price I can found for both stock wheel from Ducati online parts reseller is around 2,700 Euro.
50212181AD Ducati Rear Wheel Rim - KFM-Motorraeder and 50122341AD Ducati Front Wheel Rim - KFM-Motorraeder

However, the stock wheel on the V2 is just a regular aluminum wheel. I believe it is not even a forged wheel, plus it is not showing that it come from a V2 Bayliss (no special color/livery on the wheel) so the desirability is low.
So if I am selling your stock wheel, I would offer the price between 1,000 euro per set to 1,500 euro per set.