Ducati Panigale Bayliss 1st Championship 20th Anniversary - Project Build

KODAKHODAK

Hi @KODAKHODAK
That is an excellent choice of wheel (y)
Regarding your stock wheel, I check and found that front wheel is part# 50122341AD and rear wheel is part# 50212181AD
And the lowest brand new price I can found for both stock wheel from Ducati online parts reseller is around 2,700 Euro.
50212181AD Ducati Rear Wheel Rim - KFM-Motorraeder and 50122341AD Ducati Front Wheel Rim - KFM-Motorraeder

However, the stock wheel on the V2 is just a regular aluminum wheel. I believe it is not even a forged wheel, plus it is not showing that it come from a V2 Bayliss (no special color/livery on the wheel) so the desirability is low.
So if I am selling your stock wheel, I would offer the price between 1,000 euro per set to 1,500 euro per set.
Thanks mate really appreciate the info you listed 🫶

KODAKHODAK

With only 1 sleep to go till the Bayliss arrives at work tomorrow, my Marchesini Racing M7RS wheels arrived from WRS.it - Super stoked on the finish, quality and weight! They said it was a Mat Finish but its more of a Satin Black which is even better. Will share some snaps once fitted, rear rim is 6" and will sport a 200/55/17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso III for the street. Also dressed the wheels with CNC Anodised Red Valve caps.

IMG_0106.jpg
IMG_0107.jpg

KODAKHODAK

F I N A L L Y, it landed this week and whilst it’s at work, managed to bolt on a few goodies… we just waiting for a package from Ducati to arrive then I’ll get the boys in service to bolt the new wheels on and get it home for its maiden ride! Can’t believe it’s been 12 months wait to order this beauty, definitely had a moment tonight just soaking it all in! Few pics from the showroom floor of where I work… 🫶
4E93225E-70C9-4D52-BFAC-19FDCF00718B.jpeg
3AD453A7-5172-41D7-8EA5-0A12F6FECD60.jpeg
FF9426AF-E33E-41BD-A67C-6DE8194F9EFD.jpeg
447FFBFA-13E6-4DD6-83A1-29F459952E90.jpeg
02B6A83C-7F26-48FB-ADCB-085F07F9A916.jpeg
B184C8B6-C952-441F-85C5-DF58BA23F84D.jpeg

KODAKHODAK

shopping.jpeg

Hey lads, who do you recommend to get this rear seat cover for my panigale, id like it same quality finish as Ducati Performance products - keen to share links?

Cheers
Frank

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 9964

Hey lads, who do you recommend to get this rear seat cover for my panigale, id like it same quality finish as Ducati Performance products - keen to share links?

Cheers
Frank
Hi Frank,
Assuming it is the same dimension and shape as the Panigale V4, then I recommend purchasing from our forum member @Peter Lieb
Here are the links to his store and he has several choices for you to choose from:
a. Cover Only, meaning you attached it on top of your original cover: Sitzbankpad Carbonabdeckung Ducati Panigale V4 / V4S / Speciale / R
b. Cover Only, but have provision for Ducati Corse original logo: Sitzbankpad- Abdeckung "Logo Version" Ducati Panigale V4 / V4S 2020
c. Fully Replace the original set with logo: Sitzbankpad "Logo Version" Ducati Panigale V4 / V4S 2020

KODAKHODAK

I'm planning on being at Eastern Creek again next monday & tuesday the 19/20th. Looking like a good couple days to come run it in ;)
man I’d love to, gotta work then away for a few days with the wife… however the plan is to run it in on the road then prepare for a track day at SMP

KODAKHODAK

IMG_0196.jpg
Finally in the workshop at work, NEW warranty tank arrived today and we got the lads to get onto the job this morning... Long story short, the original tank had a stain under the clear on the white section of the paint, so my dealership that sold me the bike pickup on this defect and lodged a claim to get it replaced. Thankfully it only took less than 2 weeks to arrive which was great. Also got the lads to remove the engine head covers that protect your legs from heat, but I personally like the naked look of see the heads exposed on both sides, give it that more race look about it, plus ill probably update the head cam covers at some point. They will also install the clutch bath while everything is off, was going to do it myself at home but easy for them to just do it since its pretty much apart.

IMG_0198.jpg
New Marchessini M7RS wheels getting some attention too today, we slapped the new 200/55/17 Pirelli Diablo Cross Rosso III - damn I can't wait to see this bolted on, definitely dig the black race look. Do you guys think I should slap on a Red band across the base of the rim like that do on the V4 S - if so where can you buy this Red Vinyl Sticker?

BMW Alpina

Staff member
View attachment 10015
Finally in the workshop at work, NEW warranty tank arrived today and we got the lads to get onto the job this morning... Long story short, the original tank had a stain under the clear on the white section of the paint, so my dealership that sold me the bike pickup on this defect and lodged a claim to get it replaced. Thankfully it only took less than 2 weeks to arrive which was great. Also got the lads to remove the engine head covers that protect your legs from heat, but I personally like the naked look of see the heads exposed on both sides, give it that more race look about it, plus ill probably update the head cam covers at some point. They will also install the clutch bath while everything is off, was going to do it myself at home but easy for them to just do it since its pretty much apart.

View attachment 10016
New Marchessini M7RS wheels getting some attention too today, we slapped the new 200/55/17 Pirelli Diablo Cross Rosso III - damn I can't wait to see this bolted on, definitely dig the black race look. Do you guys think I should slap on a Red band across the base of the rim like that do on the V4 S - if so where can you buy this Red Vinyl Sticker?
That wheel is going to look super nice with your Bayliss V2 :love:,
I also just check the V4S catalog and I believe this is the Red Vinyl Sticker Part#:
Front Wheel: 4381F071A
Rear Wheel: 4381F061A

I think I also will buy those Red sticker for my 998 project Marchesini Wheel :D

KODAKHODAK

IMG_0217.jpg
Rear now sporting on the street 200/55/17, can definitely go a 200/60/17 next time, got heaps of clearance

IMG_0230.jpg
CNC Racing Carbon Quick Release Fuel Cap, Mat Finish

IMG_0207.jpg
Titanium Brake Calipar Washers that removed the hideous reflectors

IMG_0231.jpg
On the showroom floor at work, All finished and ready for the first ride home... Yesterday was a firkin cool day!

IMG_0243.jpg
Based in Canberra Australia, she gets cold at night, so cold my Clutch Bath got fogged up, will get a better photo in coming days with everything installed, missing the front windscreen as this is a job for Sunday in the garage, however last night I put on the tank protector, and Evotech Radiator Guards.

Overall the wheels definitely suit this project, its different to all the other Bayliss Editions out there, some when with OZRacing Wheels, others when Gold Rims, but I think I am one of the few that went black wheels. Well there is a few that went black but Carbon which I thought about but couldn't justify the spend. So far since yesterday done 80km on her, still running it in, some say just ride it and ignore the run-in process, but what do you all recommend?

BMW Alpina

Staff member
BEAUTIFUL Bayliss KodakHodak :love:
It has that everlasting beauty touch to it with the black Marchesini.

Regarding run in, I personally believe the tight tolerance of the engine and gearboxes will require break in for proper settling between all moving surfaces.
And it's better to follow the run-in process.

Apuca

View attachment 10019
Rear now sporting on the street 200/55/17, can definitely go a 200/60/17 next time, got heaps of clearance

View attachment 10020
CNC Racing Carbon Quick Release Fuel Cap, Mat Finish

View attachment 10021
Titanium Brake Calipar Washers that removed the hideous reflectors

View attachment 10022
On the showroom floor at work, All finished and ready for the first ride home... Yesterday was a firkin cool day!

View attachment 10023
Based in Canberra Australia, she gets cold at night, so cold my Clutch Bath got fogged up, will get a better photo in coming days with everything installed, missing the front windscreen as this is a job for Sunday in the garage, however last night I put on the tank protector, and Evotech Radiator Guards.

Overall the wheels definitely suit this project, its different to all the other Bayliss Editions out there, some when with OZRacing Wheels, others when Gold Rims, but I think I am one of the few that went black wheels. Well there is a few that went black but Carbon which I thought about but couldn't justify the spend. So far since yesterday done 80km on her, still running it in, some say just ride it and ignore the run-in process, but what do you all recommend?
She’s pretty.

KODAKHODAK

Just ordered a new SSB Ultralite Battery Lithium, even thou the battery that comes with the Bayliss is light & lithium just don’t feel it has enough cranking power!
DC667C94-3195-41EF-B871-642D616E64F4.jpeg
Also on its way is a Tankslapper PPF kit, thought I’d give it some protection before I crank a few kms on street and track
C40B6B9F-4227-4F4C-8182-C92AE87CE4F7.jpeg