DUCATI ECU and BBS Tuning (Racing EVO) for aftermarket exhaust

bp_SFV4

4 wide band sensors?

I'm in the middle of a band experiance with Superbike Unlimited. I ordered a Lightech fuel cap so I could use a Ripper fuel can top, and their online listing had the wrong part number per model bike. I sent an email explaining all this...that I needed to return it and what the correct part number was. Crickets. Call and spoke w Eddie, he said he was going back and forth with LighTech since the older part wasn't availible, but he'd get me a return authorization. Weeks later...I ordered the correct part and have it installed and it works perfectly with the Ripper.

I need to call again I suppose but an email and phone call later, I still need to call again. Its just annoying.

craig bush

4 wide band sensors?

I'm in the middle of a band experiance with Superbike Unlimited. I ordered a Lightech fuel cap so I could use a Ripper fuel can top, and their online listing had the wrong part number per model bike. I sent an email explaining all this...that I needed to return it and what the correct part number was. Crickets. Call and spoke w Eddie, he said he was going back and forth with LighTech since the older part wasn't availible, but he'd get me a return authorization. Weeks later...I ordered the correct part and have it installed and it works perfectly with the Ripper.

I need to call again I suppose but an email and phone call later, I still need to call again. Its just annoying.
Damn. I hope they get you taken care of.

Yeah, Daniel offers the harness to utilize 4 wide and sensors and data log through the Solo 2dl. You don’t have to use 4 of course - you could use one and just move it from cylinder to cylinder and do 4 times as many runs.

kneedrager

So with the harness of this guy Daniel and his handheld flasher you can do a custom map on a 2020 V4 without any issues?? Will this affect the DTC EVO 2 that I am going to install??
If all the above is correct where I can find and buy this Daniel 's harness?

DeussenEngines

Hi guys, thanks for the invite! I am already part of your community here as a quiet reader. I just did not stop by in some time.

What I did offer to Craig was my handheld flasher (now also stocked at a US-Arizona based business partner) plus a CAN-Bus based wideband O2 Kit utilizing an AIM Solo2 DL as a logger and my remote tuning services. On the bike side, this setup requires someone with some sound technical knowledge and preferably a dyno with load control for the tuning process. It is also not a cheap solution. In total we are looking at $3500 for required hardware (Flasher, Solo2 DL and 4xLambda Kit) and my remote tuning services.

Going cheap with only a single wideband sensor will not save anything as the tuning will take much longer and as everyone knows: time is money.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys, thanks for the invite! I am already part of your community here as a quiet reader. I just did not stop by in some time.

What I did offer to Craig was my handheld flasher (now also stocked at a US-Arizona based business partner) plus a CAN-Bus based wideband O2 Kit utilizing an AIM Solo2 DL as a logger and my remote tuning services. On the bike side, this setup requires someone with some sound technical knowledge and preferably a dyno with load control for the tuning process. It is also not a cheap solution. In total we are looking at $3500 for required hardware (Flasher, Solo2 DL and 4xLambda Kit) and my remote tuning services.

Going cheap with only a single wideband sensor will not save anything as the tuning will take much longer and as everyone knows: time is money.
Hi Daniel,

So happy to hear that you are already part of DUCATImodified.com

Also, I received your email and I will get back to you on how to set you up as our official forum vendor. It is 8:18am morning in California now, so I need to rush and beat the traffic to work/office. 😀
In the meantime, please kindly feel free to use everything in our forum to introduce and market your service.

Also, $3,500 is a very reasonable price considering it's a turn key solutions ! (y)

Thanks again from Howard

kneedrager

In my case : I am running at SST1000 in my country (i know we are 1100 but ok ... :) ), 3500$ is more expensive than what i would like to invest on ECU mapping because i am gonna spend too much money to turn my V4 2020 into a track bike. Also for me its more important the correct - track setting of DTC, DQS , etc, thats why i am asking many things about DTC EVO 2.
After that said i am trying to find the best value for money for ECU mapping and i think after all the info that i have that i need to go with the official Ducati map for full titanium Akrapovic exhaust (to be honest i dont know the price yet because the exhuast is used and i have to buy the map).
If I am wrong please correct me guys.

craig bush

Welcome Daniel!

DeussenEngines

In my case : I am running at SST1000 in my country (i know we are 1100 but ok ... :) ), 3500$ is more expensive than what i would like to invest on ECU mapping because i am gonna spend too much money to turn my V4 2020 into a track bike. Also for me its more important the correct - track setting of DTC, DQS , etc, thats why i am asking many things about DTC EVO 2.
After that said i am trying to find the best value for money for ECU mapping and i think after all the info that i have that i need to go with the official Ducati map for full titanium Akrapovic exhaust (to be honest i dont know the price yet because the exhuast is used and i have to buy the map).
The EVO2 package consists of Dash+BBS+ECU software. Dash software is not needed as there is not actualy functionality running inside. If you get the BBS and ECU flashed, you will have EVO2 functionality. Currently the handheld flashers I use can only flash the ECU. I am working with the flasher manufacturer hoping they can combine both protocols into the flasher together so you can update ECU and BBS with a single device. I can already update BBS modules here on-site or any of my FlashPoint business partners can also do it directly on the vehicle.

There is a small drawback with not updating the Dash. There will be an error code in the BBS as it checks for compatibility with the dash software, and it will turn on the yellow triangle in the display. The solution I have found is to modify the BBS mapping so that the stored code will not turn on the yellow triangle in the display. I can do this now for basically any code that the BBS would detect like taillight and brake light.

kneedrager

T
The EVO2 package consists of Dash+BBS+ECU software. Dash software is not needed as there is not actualy functionality running inside. If you get the BBS and ECU flashed, you will have EVO2 functionality. Currently the handheld flashers I use can only flash the ECU. I am working with the flasher manufacturer hoping they can combine both protocols into the flasher together so you can update ECU and BBS with a single device. I can already update BBS modules here on-site or any of my FlashPoint business partners can also do it directly on the vehicle.

There is a small drawback with not updating the Dash. There will be an error code in the BBS as it checks for compatibility with the dash software, and it will turn on the yellow triangle in the display. The solution I have found is to modify the BBS mapping so that the stored code will not turn on the yellow triangle in the display. I can do this now for basically any code that the BBS would detect like taillight and brake light.
Then some people are more lucky than some others... Since i am located in Greece all these are like a fairytale for me. I am still looking to find out what i can do.

BMW Alpina

Staff member

You cannot purchase the Ducati official Akrapovic map separately for Panigale V4 model. Trust me, I tried.
Ducati only sell the map together with a brand new exhaust.

kneedrager

I didn't knew that. Then the only thing that I can do is to buy the DTC EVO 2 from Ducati and then use a handheld flasher like SLR, Bren , Rexxer etc.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I didn't knew that. Then the only thing that I can do is to buy the DTC EVO 2 from Ducati and then use a handheld flasher like SLR, Bren , Rexxer etc.
You need to consult with either SLR/Bren/Rexxer whether their ECU flash is compatible with DTC EVO2 or not.
As Daniel mention above: The EVO2 package consists of flashing the Dashboard+BBS+ECU software.

So if your tuner flash the ECU after the DTC EVO2 package installed, then you will lose some of the ECU tuning that is specific to the DTC EVO 2

In fact if you review my post here: DUCATI ECU and BBS Tuning (Racing EVO) for aftermarket exhaust
You can see that even if you have Ducati ECU map for Akrapovic exhaust, you will need to install the Ducati ECU map first and then upload the DTC EVO 2. (So DTC EVO 2 is uploaded later/second step).

I haven't follow up closely with SLR, and Bren tuning lately, so you need to ask them whether they can perform BBS upgrade to DTC EVO 2 or not.
However Daniel according to his post above already offer both ECU and BBS software upgrade, meaning you can have something very similar to DTC EVO 2 functionality when Daniel upgrade your BBS software.
However, Daniel will need you to send your BBS control unit to his facility. Your ECU can be upgraded at your home if you buy Daniel's handheld tuner or of course you can send your ECU together with your BBS to Daniel and he can upgrade it at his facility. (@DeussenEngines please correct me if I am wrong, thanks).
The only thing Daniel can update yet is the dashboard. But Daniel can modify your BBS so your dashboard will be tricked and will not show any error message.

kneedrager

Well I want to say thanks for all once more. The forum is very helpful.
1. Is there any Daniel's partner in Europe?
2 SLR and bren still not flashing the BBS
3. Since most of them use as base the official akrapovic map then I could 1st flash the ECU and then go to a dealer to install the EVO 2.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Well I want to say thanks for all once more. The forum is very helpful.
1. Is there any Daniel's partner in Europe?
2 SLR and bren still not flashing the BBS
3. Since most of them use as base the official akrapovic map then I could 1st flash the ECU and then go to a dealer to install the EVO 2.
Daniel is in Germany :D: Deussen Engines - Home
You can also contacted him using our forum private message. His forum name is @DeussenEngines He replied to your post above.

hi,
im new to the forum and also thinking to start my build series here to share progress from the beginning.

Im currently concerned on the issue that Termi D184(low) and Upmap has very poor idle and it seems that they even removed the map from their store at all.

Has any of you somehow faced the same problem?
Has any of you tried Akra(low version) V4 22 AK FRL TRACK - UpMap - Need 4 Power ?

I really doubt that back pressure is that much different on Akra(low) and Termi(low) and if the Akra map is better maybe worth to try?

SBK-SP

hi,
im new to the forum and also thinking to start my build series here to share progress from the beginning.

Im currently concerned on the issue that Termi D184(low) and Upmap has very poor idle and it seems that they even removed the map from their store at all.

Has any of you somehow faced the same problem?
Has any of you tried Akra(low version) V4 22 AK FRL TRACK - UpMap - Need 4 Power ?

I really doubt that back pressure is that much different on Akra(low) and Termi(low) and if the Akra map is better maybe worth to try?
The Akrapovic update from Ducati seems just fine in my ‘21 SP with the full system, low outlets. I also have Daniel’s tune map waiting for me to flash the bike.