DUCATI ECU and BBS Tuning (Racing EVO) for aftermarket exhaust

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
hi,
im new to the forum and also thinking to start my build series here to share progress from the beginning.

Im currently concerned on the issue that Termi D184(low) and Upmap has very poor idle and it seems that they even removed the map from their store at all.

Has any of you somehow faced the same problem?
Has any of you tried Akra(low version) V4 22 AK FRL TRACK - UpMap - Need 4 Power ?

I really doubt that back pressure is that much different on Akra(low) and Termi(low) and if the Akra map is better maybe worth to try?
I believe the safest map will always be the factory Ducati Akrapovic map, eventhough it might not be the map / tune with the most horsepower.
That was why I bought a full system Akrapovic exhaust system just to extract the map, for my bike which uses the SC-Project WSBK under-tail exhaust.

I agree with you, there won't be much different between Akrrapovic lower version and Termi lower version, as long as they are both the same full system or the same slip-on system.

I believe the safest map will always be the factory Ducati Akrapovic map, eventhough it might not be the map / tune with the most horsepower.
That was why I bought a full system Akrapovic exhaust system just to extract the map, for my bike which uses the SC-Project WSBK under-tail exhaust.

I agree with you, there won't be much difference between Akrrapovic lower version and Termi lower version, as long as they are both the same full system or the same slip-on system.
thanks for the reply, as I have already purchased a crazy list of mods(and the bike arrived last week) and one of them is Termi D184(slip-on) and don't want either to sell and buy a new Akra neither OFT route(warranty issues), then I need to somehow sort it out with some other possible way. Also, I doubt that Ducati dealer is able to sell just their OEM Akra map for me.

I see two possible options:
1. go with Upmap Akra(full system map) with my Termi D184 slip on as there is no slip on map in Upmap shop also for Akra V4 22 AK FRL TRACK - UpMap - Need 4 Power
2. servo eliminator

BMW Alpina

Staff member
thanks for the reply, as I have already purchased a crazy list of mods(and the bike arrived last week) and one of them is Termi D184(slip-on) and don't want either to sell and buy a new Akra neither OFT route(warranty issues), then I need to somehow sort it out with some other possible way. Also, I doubt that Ducati dealer is able to sell just their OEM Akra map for me.

I see two possible options:
1. go with Upmap Akra(full system map) with my Termi D184 slip on as there is no slip on map in Upmap shop also for Akra V4 22 AK FRL TRACK - UpMap - Need 4 Power
2. servo eliminator
Oh, now I understand what your situation is. I thought that somehow you could have some tuner who has a copy of Ducati factory Akrapovic's official map to upload it for you.
Yes, the dealer will not sell you just the Akrapovic map alone.

You might want to consult with our forum official vendor @DeussenEngines, who provide remote tuning service from Germany, before you purchase the upmap system.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
UpMap is by Termignoni.

First and foremost, if I were UpMap (Termignoni), I would make sure I get a properly working map for my own product (Termignoni D 184 slip-on) before I even offer other manufacturer (Akrapovic) UpMap.

If UpMap (Termignoni) doesn't even have a properly working map for their own product (Termignoni D184 slip-on) as you stated above, then I don't think getting an "akrapovic map" from UpMap will be a good solution.

Also, there is no way for us to be sure that the akrapovic map from UpMap is the same version (exact copy) as the official Ducati factory Akrapovic map.

UpMap is by Termignoni.

First and foremost, if I am UpMap, I would make sure I get a properly working map for my own product (Termignoni D 184 slip-on) before I even offer other manufacturer (Akrapovic) UpMap.

If UpMap doesn't even have a properly working map for their own product (Termignoni D184 slip-on) as you stated above, then I don't think getting an "akrapovic map" from UpMap will be a good solution.

Also, there is no way for us to be sure that the akrapovic map from UpMap is the same version (exact copy) as the official Ducati factory Akrapovic map.
that's very valid, will contact directly also Upmap what is their views on this and would like to hear some reasonings

bp_SFV4

UpMap is by Termignoni.

First and foremost, if I were UpMap (Termignoni), I would make sure I get a properly working map for my own product (Termignoni D 184 slip-on) before I even offer other manufacturer (Akrapovic) UpMap.

If UpMap (Termignoni) doesn't even have a properly working map for their own product (Termignoni D184 slip-on) as you stated above, then I don't think getting an "akrapovic map" from UpMap will be a good solution.

I'd argue most aftermarket maps are based on the Ducati Akrapovic map, merely modified for the sellers exhaust or their design choices.

Just a wild question for experts at the field(as I’m not), is it really so different map for full Akra low vs OEM headers and Termi low slip-on(D184)?

all the back pressure, piping slight difference and etc considered I still believe Akra full map is better option then OEM map + servo eliminator(as this map is designed to use with catalyst). As both are low short systems with slight differences in piping and end cans.

by Akra full map I don’t consider Akra with OEM Akra map but map what can be purchased individually still from upmap site:

edf025288

Does anyone happen to know how to get the eprom data out of the BBS. I'm working on a project involving this data. I can obviously cut a hole to clip on and read. But I'd like to know if there is a less intrusive way, possibly through the connector pins or OBD? Can any of the flash/tune guys get that far into the module?

Attachments