2018 Panigale V4 to... something else.

POMPLARDPANAM

Totally agree with you that the cost (and economic of scale) is the main barrier to entry on why stand-alone system is not popular with bike as much as for car... I mean a ratio of a MoTec system you mention above compare to the cost of the Panigale V4 is well almost like buying another bike 😅

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the UpMap is simply an interface to load a map to the ECU, right? but it is not a "piggy back" that have to stay connected forever (like a Power Commander)?
Because if it is a piggy back, then yes, I agree that the ECU will "fight back" to get as close as possible to the original tune since the ECU still have the original tune in it's memory.

From my understanding is, if you re-write your ECU with a new tune, that mean the ECU no longer have a memory of it's original tune since it had been written out with a new tune so there is no way to revert back to it's original tune.

Even if somehow there is a hidden safety function or "smart" optimizing function that cause the ECU to "drift" , well, first of all, there is only a limited amount of "drift"/ optimizing trimming that it can do from the newly written tune. I think it's more like some "auto-trimming", so it should not be that much of a drift.
And even if (somehow, someway) it goes too much trim after certain miles, most ECU can be RESET back to zero trim simply by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it again (or use a OBDII scanner to force reset).

I am sure our forum member @ggok will be able to explain this better since he has done so many different tunes/hardware to tune on his bike.
hi my bro this is wierd Maps - UpMap - Need 4 Power
UpMap - Store - Next level for passion - UpMap - Need 4 Power 👈 read down of this page the do it yourself shit
UP MAP got the stock shit somewhere i have already read that u make an account u buy the up map box then u can save MAPS N upload that shit bro
ask them with an e-mail by the way use translate google they talk only in the pizza language
AVIONIC n TEK MOTORS half exhaust line is coming soon.JPG

i'm about to buy that shit by the way but a lil bit later because i'm broke so my AVIONIC N TEK MOTORS project is still on the way it's coming soon :cool:
4the moment the guy from where my bike isright now
at TEK MOTORS said that he's got maps for bikes in a kind of computer
DUCATI Panigale v4 oem rear exhaust manifold.jpg
so i will got one i ask him to upload the 4USCITE TERMIGONI map because i have buy one used other shit like that

N it's about to get customised 😁 :unsure: ✂:unsure:😁

MaverickiB

The UpMap device is what I use and is what is now causing problems for my machine.

I got a response from SBU, they said they have plans to develop a wiring harness for the Motec ECU that works with OEM sensors, but they require a donor OEM ECU which will very likely be destroyed during the development process. I offered mine for sacrifice in return for a discount on the final product, waiting to see if it meets their criteria and/or they are willing to take it.

craig bush

The UpMap device is what I use and is what is now causing problems for my machine.

I got a response from SBU, they said they have plans to develop a wiring harness for the Motec ECU that works with OEM sensors, but they require a donor OEM ECU which will very likely be destroyed during the development process. I offered mine for sacrifice in return for a discount on the final product, waiting to see if it meets their criteria and/or they are willing to take it.
That’s cool. No need to take one for the team though - I suspect good used oem ecu’s are readily available. :)

POMPLARDPANAM

Forgot to update here. No big changes, just finally got my Sicom rear rotor installed. Ordered it in August of 2020 and recieved it in May of 21. Covid sucks.
View attachment 4576
Fighting through some fueling issues currently. Not sure why, but Termi bricked my T800 tune. The bike is basically unrideable following a firmware update on the device. Slowly rolling on the gas, RPMs reach 4k or so and then just stop. Continuing to roll the throttle does nothing until a certain amount of degrees, then it surges to 7-8krpm. If you hold the throttle at that point, it will maintain that rpm for a few moments and then die out to barely above idle rpm despite the throttle still being open. I suspected a TPS or MAP issue, but reverting to the OEM tune yields zero issues whatsoever. Throttle and RPM stay perfectly synched and everything runs great despite the multitude of lambda error codes.

Termi has unfortunately abandoned me. They refuse to acknowledge their device could be an issue. I asked if they could replace the map in my account with a different map just for the sake of troubleshooting, to which they responded in the professional equivalent of "fuck you it isn't our fault and that's final."

I'm wary or spending another couple hundred dollars on another one of their tunes only for the problem to persist. I think I'm just gonna settle with OEM until a real tuning solution comes out. I'm hoping what will likely be just a day or two on track with OEM fueling (lean) won't cause any notable damage. I'll definitely have to keep an eye on engine temps.
damn...i missed that part 4 :unsure: real maybe the AKra bull shit was the way to go... i have seen on youtube that they unlocked the dash to see the speed after 300km/h

MaverickiB

So SBU is doing maps ok...
N damn...issues with the T800 up map
N u can not go back to stock ?
that's the shit...
You can revert back to stock using the UpMap, which is what I have done in the meantime. Unless Ducati does the opposite of every other manufacturer in the world, having the lambdas unplugged defaults them to running as rich as possible to preserve the engine. Which means, despite the CEL light and error codes, the bike can be operated safely. Of course, once it goes open loop, it will run very lean on the stock tune. Which means any track days I do in the meantime will likely involve a lot of short shifting and keeping the revs lower than usual.

SBU is not doing maps. They work with Motec to develop the standalone ECU package. This is not a "map" that gets uploaded into the bike. It is a completely different ECU with completely different operating parameters. After installing it, if I do, I will still have to take it to a dyno to have it properly tuned. The upside of a SBK-spec suite like Motec is very, very intricate control of the inner workings of the bike. Fully customizable ignition control and rider aid control. Ends up leading to a setup perfectly customized to the rider in every way.

The factory Akra map is not an option for me. For one, they do not sell it separately. You MUST buy the exhaust, then it is tied via serial number to your bike. If you were to sell the exhaust to someone else, they're fucked, only you get the map. Furthermore, the akra map is very lackluster. It is a factory map, yet has flat spots and doesn't feel that great. My bike pre-bricking running on the Termi full system UpMap with my FM Project exhaust felt smoother on power delivery than a V4S I rode with the Akra and factory Akra tune.

Small potatoes on the street, but with this kind of power highlights fueling issues on track. Flat or peaky spots are easily noticed in corners and are super annoying. I liked the way my bike handled up until the T800 fucked itself up, so I'm pretty upset about it.

The unlocked dash comes with the EVO 2 upgrade (not to be confused with EVO2 or EVO3 electronics, dumb nomenclature they chose for things). Has nothing to do with the tune.

POMPLARDPANAM

You can revert back to stock using the UpMap, which is what I have done in the meantime. Unless Ducati does the opposite of every other manufacturer in the world, having the lambdas unplugged defaults them to running as rich as possible to preserve the engine. Which means, despite the CEL light and error codes, the bike can be operated safely. Of course, once it goes open loop, it will run very lean on the stock tune. Which means any track days I do in the meantime will likely involve a lot of short shifting and keeping the revs lower than usual.

SBU is not doing maps. They work with Motec to develop the standalone ECU package. This is not a "map" that gets uploaded into the bike. It is a completely different ECU with completely different operating parameters. After installing it, if I do, I will still have to take it to a dyno to have it properly tuned. The upside of a SBK-spec suite like Motec is very, very intricate control of the inner workings of the bike. Fully customizable ignition control and rider aid control. Ends up leading to a setup perfectly customized to the rider in every way.

The factory Akra map is not an option for me. For one, they do not sell it separately. You MUST buy the exhaust, then it is tied via serial number to your bike. If you were to sell the exhaust to someone else, they're fucked, only you get the map. Furthermore, the akra map is very lackluster. It is a factory map, yet has flat spots and doesn't feel that great. My bike pre-bricking running on the Termi full system UpMap with my FM Project exhaust felt smoother on power delivery than a V4S I rode with the Akra and factory Akra tune.

Small potatoes on the street, but with this kind of power highlights fueling issues on track. Flat or peaky spots are easily noticed in corners and are super annoying. I liked the way my bike handled up until the T800 fucked itself up, so I'm pretty upset about it.

The unlocked dash comes with the EVO 2 upgrade (not to be confused with EVO2 or EVO3 electronics, dumb nomenclature they chose for things). Has nothing to do with the tune.
damn...that's a sad story anyway u R wrong about a thing
if u buy a full AKRAPOVIC exhaust line without to go to the Pizzeria u can make that shit work with the T800 up map or the Brentuning box or a map from a preparator like i'm gonna try to do in a kind o way with my custom exhaust that is killing the game

MaverickiB

I never said you can't get a different map for the akra exhaust. I'm saying you can only get the official akra map by buying the akra exhaust. The T800 and Brentune maps for the akra system are not the same as the factory akra tune.

POMPLARDPANAM

I never said you can't get a different map for the akra exhaust. I'm saying you can only get the official akra map by buying the akra exhaust. The T800 and Brentune maps for the akra system are not the same as the factory akra tune.
LOL true i know that too anyway i hope that it's gonna be alright fo u n me about that map bullshit
T800 is my way to go but after i will be afraid to go to my Pizza dealer may be i will go somewhere else to a non official Pizzeria because one simple update cans fuck eveythings how did u do by the way when your T800 was killing the game with your dealer ?

MaverickiB

Not sure what you mean. I took the bike in for a few things like chain/sprocket swaps and recall work before I had the brass to do everything myself. They never had any issues updating the ECU with the latest firmware despite the T800 device. It wasn't anything on Ducati's end that affected my tune, as it hasn't been to a dealer since late 2019 and everything worked great well after that. Normally the updates to the UpMap device are for the device itself and do not affect the tune, but the last forced update I recieved took a while and caused the bike to reset during the middle of it, an action that occurs when you are reflashing it. I believe Termi updated some aspects of the maps themselves and disguised it under a firmware update. They were unusually hostile about me asking for help and have since completely ceased responding, so I'm guessing they borked something up and are too prideful to admit it. That's Italians for you.

POMPLARDPANAM

Not sure what you mean. I took the bike in for a few things like chain/sprocket swaps and recall work before I had the brass to do everything myself. They never had any issues updating the ECU with the latest firmware despite the T800 device. It wasn't anything on Ducati's end that affected my tune, as it hasn't been to a dealer since late 2019 and everything worked great well after that. Normally the updates to the UpMap device are for the device itself and do not affect the tune, but the last forced update I recieved took a while and caused the bike to reset during the middle of it, an action that occurs when you are reflashing it. I believe Termi updated some aspects of the maps themselves and disguised it under a firmware update. They were unusually hostile about me asking for help and have since completely ceased responding, so I'm guessing they borked something up and are too prideful to admit it. That's Italians for you.
Thanks bro...damn i will ask my 🍕 Pizza🍕 dealer to not put updates on my bike...

POMPLARDPANAM

i have anothers question 4 U my bro what is the best things to do with the lambda sensors ?
i think that the ECU will looks 4 it if i put the map without them right ?
N if i let them in my half exhaust line the ECU will say good that shit is here?
What do u think i realy want to take that shit to the trash N put some plugs N things like that :unsure: Rottweiler performance,fueling Dongles.jpg

MaverickiB

I disconnected the lambdas, plugged holes in the exhaust, and reused the connectors to cap off the connection. Threw the sensors themselves away.