2018 Panigale V4 to... something else.

craig bush

Rain forecasted for Saturdays track day. Not ideal, but not my first time riding hard in the rain. Hoping the tire vendor has some wets for my spare set of wheels.
Hopefull, you have good weather tomorrow, but if not the Pirelli wets are worth it. I road them for the first time at COTA in November. It rained continuously Saturday. I was astounded how good the wets are - definitely worth the investment. 👍

MaverickiB

Unfortunately, they cancelled the event due to the weather. I rescheduled to an event at Chuckwalla in February.

MaverickiB

Chuckwalla was a huge success. No leaks or major problems. I noticed a flat spot in the fueling around the midrange that got really annoying on the big sweepers while gradually rolling on the throttle. Never noticed it before, but the tracks I have been on previously were more point-and-shoot style tracks than Chuckwalla. Will have to mess around with the tuning to get that under control.

Also, I rode a 2013 Graves-built SBK R1 that ripped my face off with its power. I thought after years of riding the V4, there would never really be a bike that would surprise me with its power. I was wrong. No idea what the numbers are on the factory SBK I rode, but it pulled in 3rd gear like my V4 does in 1st. Barely had to shift at all because it had way more power than I knew how to use.

Oh yeah, and Keanu Reeves was there on a beautiful Vyrus, got to pick his brain about it for a bit. Great track day.
20210222_111504_copy_3024x2268.jpgIMG_20210222_191038_962.jpg

MaverickiB

Wow, what an awesome day at the track!

How are you tuning your v4?
Right now I have the T800 UpMap device. Might give a different map a try, then try to find someone who can actually tune the ECU if that doesn't work. Tuners capable of working with the V4 are few and far between.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Right now I have the T800 UpMap device. Might give a different map a try, then try to find someone who can actually tune the ECU if that doesn't work. Tuners capable of working with the V4 are few and far between.
Openflash are in CA and you can get a custom map done.
I wanted to get mine done but they are 10 hrs away from AZ. 😔

MaverickiB

Brentune is also an option I might try out if I can't get the T800 to give me a decent map. Their flash can also unlock the higher rev limit usually reserved for 6th gear only for all the other gears.

craig bush

Brentune is also an option I might try out if I can't get the T800 to give me a decent map. Their flash can also unlock the higher rev limit usually reserved for 6th gear only for all the other gears.
How’s your bike running on the t800?

MaverickiB

How’s your bike running on the t800?
It runs well and makes plenty of power. The T800 dramatically smoothed out low RPM riding (parking lot and neighborhood speeds) and gave it more top end. I just noticed a big flat spot on the track the other day on big sweepers that require slowly opening the throttle. I'm running the Termi full race system tune with my FM Project system. Might try the Akra tune and see if that flat spot is still there.