TsaiCo V4S track prep

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
The tire wear looks good. How did the wheel do at retaining heat? Did you need to do a extra warm up lap before picking up the pace.
Which tire warmers are you using? What temperature?
very good point and observation indeed for the wheel, under the heat stress, CF might fail. I'm going to look into an infrared temp gun.

I ran SC2 fr (new) and SC1 rear (one track from ACS), heat up well with my chicken hawk pro series with 185 degrees. this time, I did try 35 psi and 28 psi (one of the contact told me some guys at Moto America running 38 psi in the front.....) this time, seem stick, slide when it needed to.

btw, this is one hour of pure riding. about 25+ laps, doing 1:25 average.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
very good point and observation indeed for the wheel, under the heat stress, CF might fail. I'm going to look into an infrared temp gun.

I ran SC2 fr (new) and SC1 rear (one track from ACS), heat up well with my chicken hawk pro series with 185 degrees. this time, I did try 35 psi and 28 psi (one of the contact told me some guys at Moto America running 38 psi in the front.....) this time, seem stick, slide when it needed to.

btw, this is one hour of pure riding. about 25+ laps, doing 1:25 average.
Ok awesome! On the V4 Superleggra it comes with a warning sticker on the wheels for temperature when using tire warmers.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
I guess, now, we know, our tire warmer will be set to that, and let the track riding heat up naturally. To be honest, SC heats up really quick vs. the Dunlop.
Hi Tsaico,
How about Michelin? long long time ago in the early 2000's, when I have my Aprilia racing team, we always use Michelin because at that time, the racers prefer Michelin to Pirelli, but now I rarely heard people using Michelin anymore. Are Michelin no longer good for motorcycle racing application?

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Hi Tsaico,
How about Michelin? long long time ago in the early 2000's, when I have my Aprilia racing team, we always use Michelin because at that time, the racers prefer Michelin to Pirelli, but now I rarely heard people using Michelin anymore. Are Michelin no longer good for motorcycle racing application?
it’s not good or bad….per se…

it’s about data, the gp dominant tire currently is Michelin and in business sense, I’m sure manufacture re-applied what they learned back to making more money to support public performance and value.

the application to slicks might be later, across the paddock, I’m not hearing impressive feedback about michelin with current formula

that said, I have heard riders that are die heart slicks Bridgestone fan, and even Metzler, all in a higher price category than Dunlop and Pirelli.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
it’s not good or bad….per se…

it’s about data, the gp dominant tire currently is Michelin and in business sense, I’m sure manufacture re-applied what they learned back to making more money to support public performance and value.

the application to slicks might be later, across the paddock, I’m not hearing impressive feedback about michelin with current formula

that said, I have heard riders that are die heart slicks Bridgestone fan, and even Metzler, all in a higher price category than Dunlop and Pirelli.
Thanks for the information Tsaico,
I really haven't done any reading on tires lately, so this is all new info for me 👍

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Picking tires is almost as controversial as picking the toppings to put on a pizza.
It comes down to preference. When Michelin slicks were the bees knees here in the states I ran Bridgestone. I was talked into trying a set of the Michelin power slick. I used them for 1 session and hated them and took them off my bike and gave them away lol. So my suggestion to anyone is to try both and formulate your own opinion.

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Picking tires is almost as controversial as picking the toppings to put on a pizza.
It comes down to preference. When Michelin slicks were the bees knees here in the states I ran Bridgestone. I was talked into trying a set of the Michelin power slick. I used them for 1 session and hated them and took them off my bike and gave them away lol. So my suggestion to anyone is to try both and formulate your own opinion.
exactly what he said....lol

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Resized_20211222_135231.JPEG

the OEM starter button doesn't fit well, ordering a ducabike unit to change out the whole throttle control.

will follow up with pictures when done

BTW, for some footnote for people who want to do this, a new longer brake & clutch line would need to be ordered. I will update some length for information sharing.