TsaiCo V4S track prep

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Those look awesome I love the venting holes. Looking forward to your thoughts vs the stock pistons. Do you plan on running cooling ducts also?

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Those look awesome I love the venting holes. Looking forward to your thoughts vs the stock pistons. Do you plan on running cooling ducts also?
that was an idea running through the whole planning of my riding style, I may buy the one that directs port air onto disc, not caliper. Let me know if that makes sense to you @HKMP7

I finally will have a chance to test my carbon on the next track day, Oct 9th, Saturday, come on by!!

auto club speedway Aug 29th 2021 PR.JPG

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
that was an idea running through the whole planning of my riding style, I may buy the one that directs port air onto disc, not caliper. Let me know if that makes sense to you @HKMP7

I finally will have a chance to test my carbon on the next track day, Oct 9th, Saturday, come on by!!
Yeah that would be my thinking as well. Since you already made the caliper cooling more efficient next step would be the rotor. The weave on those wheels 🔥.
Ducati Oem had some cooling ducts on their site as a accessory.

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Another suggestion has being passing around in the paddock was the to lower center of gravity, new school of tweaking, which I’m going to bring these ring upwards, or counter clock wise to lengthen the spring, which allows my weight to load the rear. Attached picture is completed with the process. Showing only 3 threads left.

Tracking street of willow will be a lots of discoveries for me, hopefully can set some PR

C6CABBFE-DE50-45D1-8BA7-292FB5474506.jpeg

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Interesting I haven't heard this suggestion 🤔.
There is a new linear rear link by Forsaken motorsports for the V4 platform.
I plan to try it in the future.

1631395922500.png

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Interesting I haven't heard this suggestion 🤔.
There is a new linear rear link by Forsaken motorsports for the V4 platform.
I plan to try it in the future.

View attachment 5590
Funny you mentioned that, I was just talking to a Ducati service shop owner about that the other day.
must be destined for me to buy! 😂

on a serious note, I would want that tank extender install before this get, and Now, I’m doing more fixed suspension on v4s to test, and see if we can get some data on SOW.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Funny you mentioned that, I was just talking to a Ducati service shop owner about that the other day.
must be destined for me to buy! 😂

on a serious note, I would want that tank extender install before this get, and Now, I’m doing more fixed suspension on v4s to test, and see if we can get some data on SOW.
On the ZX10r platform the linear link was a must have. It helped a ton with edge grip and drive.

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
I need to get out there, or on any track in Socal for that matter. Wife and I opened up a business in July and I haven't had even a vague opportunity to get on track. I am dying.
lets aim for October for auto club speedway! That would be a better weather to reconnect with track, spend more seat time!

MaverickiB

lets aim for October for auto club speedway! That would be a better weather to reconnect with track, spend more seat time!
I'll definitely try. We're sponsoring a local racer who also instructs for Apex Assassins, hoping to get some seat time with him so I can be not as miserably slow.

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
I'll definitely try. We're sponsoring a local racer who also instructs for Apex Assassins, hoping to get some seat time with him so I can be not as miserably slow.
Yeah! I saw that post on FB, that’s truly awesome! will keep an eye on any news.

craig bush

Street of willow , around Rosamond CA

smaller track of Willow Spring international raceway. Aka: WSIR

back in the days, that track was flooded with vendors and professional race team, Nicky Hayden raced there, race scene in the glory days!
Ah, thanks! I’ve actually ridden there - did a two-day course with California Superbike School in 2017.

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
alright guys, weekend track report from the new suspension and carbon wheel testing...

I tell ya, fitting stuff is never easy when you want all your gears with you so you can make yourself to be as comfortable as possible.

IMG_1039.jpg

here are some pictures and feedback in general:

first, two pictures show how smooth the track was with the repaved condition. my right front side is almost gone

the front wheel carbon is amazing, a technical track like Street of Willow is almost needed to change direction constantly, in the first two sessions there are about 4~5 times I almost ran into the dirt with front-wheel; it needed time to adjust, as all equipments

IMG_1041.jpgIMG_1042.jpg

the rear SC1 wheel is looking really good. this tire was from last track day in Auto Club Speedway, when it was 100 degrees.

the rear tear is the end of the day, and I think mostly is at the skip pad, where is not repaved.

overall, the rear suspension adjustment was spot-on, need to give credit to Dave Moss, his data was accurate. the rear suspension wasn't kicking out as much.

now, over the winter, I will probably update the fork configuration as well. with little thicker oil and less cavity.

IMG_1043.jpgIMG_1044.jpg

overall, I broke my PR by like 5 seconds with this bike, it has been working in progress and will be counting on the next track day on October 9th, let me know if anyone wants to pit together!!

wink at @MaverickiB

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
btw....can't really tell for the braketech brake piston, but, I feel I need to check into some issue before next track day.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
The tire wear looks good. How did the wheel do at retaining heat? Did you need to do a extra warm up lap before picking up the pace.
Which tire warmers are you using? What temperature?