TsaiCo V4S track prep

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Three ladies sitting exchanging track note!
Looks like autoclub speedway.
Fontana for all the og's.
Ive ridden that track very point and shot.
something new this year I'm planning, a trip to Utah Motorsport Campus in July, doubleheader! definitely will update this thread how is prepped along the way....

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Three ladies sitting exchanging track note!

something new this year I'm planning, a trip to Utah Motorsport Campus in July, doubleheader! definitely will update this thread how is prepped along the way....
Utah Motorsport campus is a world class facility. Miller motorsports park for the og's lol you will love that place. Are they running the full track layout?

MaverickiB

Looks like autoclub speedway.
Fontana for all the og's.
Ive ridden that track very point and shot.
I liked the three laps I got on it, lmao.

ACS reminded me of The Ridge up in WA minus the elevation changes and fewer chicanes. A lot of those brain bending lines wherein if you set yourself up just right, you can whack open the throttle and shoot straight through a section that looks like it should have some turning involved. Looking forward to going back and actually getting to enjoy it next time.

craig bush

Either of these 2
This is Kyle Wyman’s home track so it’s a strong chance he will be there and destroy us all lmao.
Or
This track has sound restrictions. Even tho it’s right next to Luke AFB and fighter jets take off all day. Smh
Inde is 12 hours from me vs 16 for the other. That and no sound restriction gets my vote. 👍

craig bush

I'd be down for a Modified track day, but it likely won't be possible until next year for me. Or at least until this COVID stuff is over. It is a pain in the ass to do any significant traveling right now for the military.
You’re active duty? Small world - I just retired in October.

Everyone keep in mind - I’m an hour north of Austin, Texas and COTA if y’all want to come down. First weekend of the season is coming up April 3/4.

MaverickiB

You’re active duty? Small world - I just retired in October.

Everyone keep in mind - I’m an hour north of Austin, Texas and COTA if y’all want to come down. First weekend of the season is coming up April 3/4.
Yeah. Submariner, on shore duty in San Diego right now. Likely heading to Washington in a few years for my final stint before getting out. COTA would be dope. I am from San Antonio, so it wouldn't be the worst idea to hit COTA and catch up with them in one trip.

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
If I chuck my stuff on a boat tomorrow and sail over I might make it in time to join you guys :LOL:

Whats the law regarding drones and filming at things like that? Be cool if you could find someone to put together a video of the action.

craig bush

Yeah. Submariner, on shore duty in San Diego right now. Likely heading to Washington in a few years for my final stint before getting out. COTA would be dope. I am from San Antonio, so it wouldn't be the worst idea to hit COTA and catch up with them in one trip.
Submariner - very cool. (y)

Let me know if you can make COTA. I think there are 4 or 5 more weekends this year.

craig bush

If I chuck my stuff on a boat tomorrow and sail over I might make it in time to join you guys :LOL:

Whats the law regarding drones and filming at things like that? Be cool if you could find someone to put together a video of the action.
That’s a big trip for sure - you’re welcome at my house if you make it!

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
quick update from Buttonwillow yesterday:

Cold weather: make sure your suspension is warmed up before you try to blast your old lap times; plus, raised your tire warmer temp just a tiny bit to accommodate the colder ground

hot weather: make sure you can bring a fan for your gears, sweaty gears do not do well for me. So, as you can see, the leather fan in the back, and helmet is setting on a small fan, so, always fresh to put them on

IMG_9903.jpg

recently, I've been tinker with LitPro (you may be able to spot it on the top of the tail section from the above picture), a great product and able to record lap time, but...any unit can record lap time, this can compare to your friends lap time, knowing where and when they have the upper hand!! plus, it gives you some recommendations on where you need to pick up and work on. great coaching!

did my PR yesterday, of 2:03 at BW. I ran out of tires and fuel, I think I may be able to take another second off if I keep at it.

IMG_B2D717660645-1.jpeg

IMG_0C87F93C4BEE-1.jpeg

Last edited: