TsaiCo V4S track prep

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Hi, so most of my ride is done on the track and I'm blessed to be in SoCal where I can enjoy riding with a reachable track of Buttonwillow, Willow Spring (Street of Willow as well), Auto Club Speedway (a national track that was host many rounds of AMA in years), and Chuckawalla.

So, this thread is to dedicate anymore who is interested to put their bike on track for some fun laps. learn about your self and bike, and how it handles.

so, my first post will be about hauling the bike, what I have run in the past is here, as listed in below:loaded.jpg

today, I've put them on pitbull's TRS system, hoping to give me some stability and ease at carrying my bike.

IMG_9052.jpg

IMG_9051.jpg

IMG_9050.jpg

some closeup shot

IMG_9048.jpg

IMG_9047.jpg

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
That TRS system looks very strong. Good peace of mind. Is there any reinforcing under the deck?
yeah, with currogated floor like on the truck bed, they suggest a spacer to enforced the TRS (see link)

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
so, for the second post, we need to make sure the lights are not working properly...

remove the seat and plug in the close circuit plug.

rear brake light plug copy.jpg

front light, here is the location

fuse location 3.JPG

once you open it battery cover, you should be able to see this:

fuse location 2.JPG

and here is the fuse you need to pull out

fuse box number.JPG

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
so, for the second post, we need to make sure the lights are not working properly...

remove the seat and plug in the close circuit plug.

View attachment 1255

front light, here is the location

View attachment 1256

once you open it battery cover, you should be able to see this:

View attachment 1257

and here is the fuse you need to pull out

View attachment 1258
Thanks so much Tsaico for your detailed instructions complete with diagrams. 🧐

This is very helpful for anyone who plan to track their bike and for sure many Panigale owner bought their bike for track use 🏁 🏍

I am going to make your thread a STICKY so it always stay on TOP of this category (y)

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
I moved to Socal earlier this year and will be doing my first track day at ACS on the 23rd. Any tips for that particular track? I plan on sleeping in my car the night before on location, how miserable will that be? Haha

View attachment 2545
I may see you there, I am going to sign up after new year and gauge the weather going forward.
tips? by The look of your bike, you got it pretty much down as equipment wise. Don’t forget tire warmers.
track is very point and shot, brake as less possible and get on gas as early as you can.
carry speed as much as you can on drive out. That will help To get the lap time down. (They provide you a transponder for free of charge)

you will have fun, after all, it’s a National track, as Ben spies and many other great riders dominate that track!

(I’ve been eyeballing to up grading rims, will hit you up track side to take some notes from you on that oz)

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
I went to modify the spacer with rectangular style spacer to fit between the underside of truck bed ribs, to gain more coverage (which was also discussed with pit bull staff)

View attachment 2546
Hi Tsaico,
I think it would also help to use round washer between your rectangular spacer/plate and the Nuts, because right now, the Nuts only cover very little area so the pressure in that small area is very high.

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Hi Tsaico,
I think it would also help to use round washer between your rectangular spacer/plate and the Nuts, because right now, the Nuts only cover very little area so the pressure in that small area is very high.
Hi Alpina, yes that seems sensible, I will try that, and thank you!!

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
TRS is serious business. I recall reading a story wherein a guy rolled his truck with his bike in the back and it was still firmly planted in the TRS mostly undamaged when the truck came to a rest.
yes! if you see closely how it is reinforced with the welding and all the stress on the rear wheel, it all makes real sense why it is how it was designed with such integrity. most of all, I do not want to have constant stress on the spring compression for the long haul in my trips next year.

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Hello all, happy new year, it is been a while for me; I finally got a chance to do my next mods that helps the performance of track - brakes components.

Brakes and tires are the quintessential of a good time on track.

so, I ordered a new set of brake lines with Staubli quick disconnectors on them. Went a little crazy on banjo colors thou, 😂

Ducati v4s brake lines with staubli quick connector.jpg

the seller rendered a picture for me to install, as I requested to link back to the ABS module (I'm keeping my ABS, I thought it was smart enough even for the track, especially, it has corner ABS computer dynamically calculating the lean angle to give you the correct amount of brake, in case you guys didn't know this fact).

general mounting.jpg

plus some routing picture, however, I preferred doing my own documentation (so I would not post the sellers' pictures for the time being), plus I've also ordered a pair of supersport rotors this week as well, I will further post more detailed pictures with an install in the coming weekend.

In the meantime, looking forward to January 23rd Auto Club to test these.

MaverickiB

Looks great. I am also on the fence about eliminating the ABS. I have personally been saved by cornering ABS in a situation wherein I was hard on the brakes, coming up on a tire wall, and decided to just muscle the bike into the turn and hope for the best. Cornering ABS essentially trail braked for me, reducing braking force as I turned the bike in. I was relatively new to riding on the track and had a death grip on the lever the entire time, felt it let up anyways.