Panigale Vision

craig bush

Sydney Motorsport park, it’s just one of those days really.
Not even proper rain, more of a drizzle which is the problem - too wet for slicks, too dry for wets.
Had a few little slippages on my road 5s so taking it very easy 😂
Ha, yep. I’ve had several wet track days. The Pirelli race rain tires are amazing if you haven’t tried them.

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Ha, yep. I’ve had several wet track days. The Pirelli race rain tires are amazing if you haven’t tried them.
Not at that level yet 😂 If I had funds I’d buy an old beater r3 or something for when it’s wet and have a bit of fun with that but at the moment still getting the hang of which corners go left and which are the other left 😅

Andy7

Staff member
Streetfighter 1299 - So, since this is going full track I'm after a bit of help with the mess of wires.. I'd like to remove as much as possible (if any) of the indicators/headlight/horn wiring and just keep the Dash and IMU plugs. I see a few connectors beside the fork, so am I able to unwrap everything then follow the wires from the sensors I wish to keep and just unplug the corresponding useless ones or best to just wrap everything up as tidy as I can and fuhgeddabout it?

*Edit - upon consulting workshop manual it looks like those connectors are for DES and Steering Damper, so no chance of simply unplugging anything cleanly like I was hoping

508F87E2-A917-4B72-AA4E-DD8430C3AAC4.jpeg. B41F3B93-05C0-4723-9F31-79B0A7D3322F.jpeg
19A96ABB-3FC8-4E74-8E4D-23C9DC8141AB.jpeg

Last edited:

Andy7

Staff member
Delivery day! (Well the fairings arrived last week) but the DB Holders front and rear subframes meant I could continue with my track conversion.
283E6BE2-F507-476A-AD51-67CCB7C5E380.jpeg
The quality of these pieces is great. Welds look tidy, finish is immaculate and fit was spot on, I have heard some complaints about other factories products not being as high standard as the customer expected but I’m stoked with these.
2B662E03-1F6D-4485-9B06-196F45D7D1B4.jpeg 779B4E06-7FFF-4603-BF1D-94C22D9430FA.jpeg
The only adjustment I had to make was the angle of the IMU mount. I am confident I have it in a position it’s happy in but a test ride this weekend will confirm.

FB700593-4BE1-42A0-9A0E-027C87F5ACC2.jpeg
While I have the bike apart I think I might relocate the throttle unit to the front now there’s space behind the dash. But my Ocd is a little happier now all the loose wires are zip tied in a neat bundle and fixed where they can’t move.

D9B60404-EBCB-4DA7-AED7-05FCC9EACC6F.jpeg
Gonna be in stealth mode for a little while until I decide what I’m gonna do colour wise (not really a priority for me - at least over the next few months) Just have to make a decision with the tank… Leaning towards an extended cover, that way I’ll have a bit more to hold on when I’m hanging off the bike.

Installed the Jetprime keyless ignition to finish off the afternoon while I had the tank off and to my relief everything started and there were no error codes flashing 😮💨
3E96BB93-5A09-41F4-AEC4-6C4A9364766D.jpeg
More updates over the next few days as I fiddle & adjust things.
+ I have a bunch of smaller items arriving in the mail too.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Awesome! I’ve had CRC fairings and they were excellent. I usually keep my race bikes either “winter test black” or one solid color. So if you do have a crash you can touch them up yourself.

Andy7

Staff member
Awesome! I’ve had CRC fairings and they were excellent. I usually keep my race bikes either “winter test black” or one solid color. So if you do have a crash you can touch them up yourself.
You read my mind! Gonna settle somewhere between winter test & weekend warrior 😆

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
It might be just me, but I find this picture below, made your bike looks more hunkered down, more mass centralized, like it is ready to pounce compare to the V4 :love: (y)

Andy7

Staff member
@BMW Alpina It's a weird mix of complex simplicity. I would like to tidy up the mess of wires in future & have my eye on this kit from BSD. However I am prone to changing my mind sporadically (if you can't already tell from this thread 😂 ) as I learn more.
It's just an ongoing project that will probably evolve in a lot of ways, I don't really have an end vision in sight so watch me pour money into it over the years hahah

craig bush

@BMW Alpina It's a weird mix of complex simplicity. I would like to tidy up the mess of wires in future & have my eye on this kit from BSD. However I am prone to changing my mind sporadically (if you can't already tell from this thread 😂 ) as I learn more.
It's just an ongoing project that will probably evolve in a lot of ways, I don't really have an end vision in sight so watch me pour money into it over the years hahah
I love motorsport spec wiring! (y)

Andy7

Staff member
Small update: new TWM fuel tank cap arrived today, very nice for about 1/3 of the price ‘Ducati by Rizoma’ wanted to charge 😂
5085501D-9976-4E52-A3AE-0F8A10E7971F.jpeg
Also remounted the throttle unit in the front of the bike where’s it’s easily accessible and less prone to heat damage down beside the front cylinder.
00BC61AF-37A6-4443-9093-E102C7490F81.jpeg DA204CD6-FD81-4C6E-BB2A-D6A95746CD93.jpeg
I need to drill a hole to fit the air temp sensor on the intake and fit some rubber behind the imu to help dampen any vibration. That should be the front end sorted then (beside one or two more things)🤞🏻

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Also remounted the throttle unit in the front of the bike where’s it’s easily accessible and less prone to heat damage down beside the front cylinder
View attachment 7871
I need to drill a hole to fit the air temp sensor on the intake and fit some rubber behind the imu to help dampen any vibration. That should be the front end sorted then (beside one or two more things)🤞🏻
Nice job!
Anytime you can keep something away from heat it will prolong its life.
Definitely share your IMU solution.

Andy7

Staff member
Events & observations from yesterday. It's been non stop rain nearly the the last 6 weeks in Sydney (most of the east coast really) so it was a massive relief to have a sunny day with minimal wind, perfect conditions. Ditched the Michelin tyres for some Supercorsa Sc1's and boy it was an improvement. No more fighting for lean, worrying about grip or not being able to hold a line. So off the warmers from the very first corner of the day I was optimistic.
A few crashes held the morning up so there was nearly 2 hours between my first and second sessions - the extra break + fully booked groups meant there was a fair bit of traffic to navigate before getting to out front for a bit of free space. Came in a bit hot trying to pass someone on the outside into turn 4 and suddenly the mud and grass started approaching pretty quickly but managed to keep it upright. Thought about bailing the rest of the session but track days cost too much to waste any riding (not to mention the 5 hour trip each way). Persevered even with a few other riders doing some weird things (one particular heavy brake check, resulting in a bit of rear wheel lift and partial backing in - entirely unintentionally of course, don't ask me to do it again 😆 although it's nice to know how well these stock components can perform).
Session three was much better again, no problems beside a few dodgy/missed shifts but really getting into the groove after not riding for over 6 weeks. Gradually getting more consistent with my lines and positioning. Even timed a few laps to give myself a bit of a baseline for improvement when I do Cali superbike school in 2 1/2 weeks.
Because of all the delays earlier in the day 5 mins were added to the next two sessions and round 6 was cancelled. Physical fitness wasn't a problem but really had to focus on concentration since my brain is still calibrating to the experience of riding like that. Second proper day out after all.
Successful day in the end, mates & I all left in one piece - toyed with the idea of following it up again today but decided to play it safe and save it for next time.

Not my video but a quick lap around the circuit on a 1299 to see what we're dealing with. Bike lap record is Wayne Maxwell on an ASBK spec V4R, 1:29 I believe.

Cycling Race Guide: Sydney Motorsport Park (SMSP) - B Grade Cyclist