Panigale Vision

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Picked up my oil cap from the dealership today to replace the melted one from a couple weeks ago.
Premium construction & presentation no doubt, but I think the packaging is fairly excessive for what it is.
CDF56D12-5B18-405E-A65E-CDCE511D059F.jpeg E729CD7B-17FD-4899-8375-BAF833098AA2.jpeg

Andy7

Staff member
Last weeks getaway to go explore some new roads and see some people. 1300km (800 miles) over 5 days. Still a few niggles with the quickshifter surging very sporadically despite trying multiple sensitivity settings. A little unnerving and enough to hesitate from pushing much but a fair amount of traffic to keep the pace a bit slower anyway. Still fun to be out cruising with people rather than solo.
Also nice that I can ride around a corner without falling over like I did last time in Sydney 😂
B70D3285-621F-4647-B1EA-BFC801167E40.jpeg7D5DF084-78CA-4629-BA17-AF63A4655BAD.jpeg
C0DD21F2-5EBA-4F9C-A194-4D5A8D1B2C3C.jpeg719F269D-8751-48F7-AA32-B0FD211716BB.jpeg

Almost due for a new set of tyres and looks like the Rosso Corsa II will get a go this time as a set is around $80 cheaper than Supercorsa’s and the extra durability won’t be a disadvantage either.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Last weeks getaway to go explore some new roads and see some people. 1300km (800 miles) over 5 days. Still a few niggles with the quickshifter surging very sporadically despite trying multiple sensitivity settings. A little unnerving and enough to hesitate from pushing much but a fair amount of traffic to keep the pace a bit slower anyway. Still fun to be out cruising with people rather than solo.
Also nice that I can ride around a corner without falling over like I did last time in Sydney 😂
View attachment 6235View attachment 6236
View attachment 6238View attachment 6239

Almost due for a new set of tyres and looks like the Rosso Corsa II will get a go this time as a set is around $80 cheaper than Supercorsa’s and the extra durability won’t be a disadvantage either.
That Akrapovic and the rear design of the 1299 is so sexy. I think the 1299 tail fairing and tail light design is nicer than the Panigale V4... :love:

Andy7

Staff member
@craig bush I haven’t had them get that far yet. It’s a pain cleaning them out of all the little crevices but easier when it’s fresh.
Can’t say the same about the bird that flew in front of me and exploded while I was doing 200kph the other week 🤮

Andy7

Staff member
Well, I finally got on track & it looks like I’m gonna be converting the bike to focus on that now. The roads around here are so bad it’s not even enjoyable riding a Superbike so until the new bike arrives I’ll keep the 1299 registered but after that she’ll get some more weight reduction and crash protection for when I undoubtedly bin it again 😂

8D3F0A27-36A3-47EB-9396-E419B7CB80E6.jpeg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Well, I finally got on track & it looks like I’m gonna be converting the bike to focus on that now. The roads around here are so bad it’s not even enjoyable riding a Superbike so until the new bike arrives I’ll keep the 1299 registered but after that she’ll get some more weight reduction and crash protection for when I undoubtedly bin it again 😂

View attachment 6934
HI Andy,
What do you think about the Michelin Tire?
Thanks

Andy7

Staff member
HI Andy,
What do you think about the Michelin Tire?
Thanks
Well spotted as usual Howard. I forgot to mention the new tyres. Those are the Michelin Power 5’s which I wanted to try because I had a few people tell me their durability and performance on the road was as good as the Rosso corsa’s for $100 less. However I would have gone with Supercorsa’s again had I known I’d be on circuit.

I was very happy with how quickly they warmed up and the grip they offered although I wasn’t riding very hard at all & it was a warm day. Will hit up some windy roads again within the next couple weeks hopefully and have some more feedback after that.

Andy7

Staff member
Mail arrived with some more goodies yesterday. GB Racing engine covers (which were about 1/2 the price of R&G for some reason). Also the Jetprime/Domino e-wire quick action throttle, Jetprime kill switch and WRS left and right Nintendo buttons.
While I’m still riding on the road I won’t install the killswitch however I do plan on installing the other parts today or over the weekend and get out for a little spin to test them.
BAB7F07C-6224-40FD-A133-3F260488C1D3.jpeg 693B216E-CB87-42B5-A69E-DF7A41B02DE0.jpeg
54204D4D-0F76-49C3-9999-6E053F7F42EE.jpeg 10208E34-DE0F-41C2-8D5A-70909F8C9477.jpeg

Last edited:

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Mail arrived with some more goodies yesterday. GB Racing engine covers (which were about 1/2 the price of R&G for some reason). Also the Jetprime/Domino e-wire quick action throttle, Jetprime kill switch and WRS left and right Nintendo buttons.
While I’m still riding on the road I won’t install the killswitch however I do plan on installing the other parts today or over the weekend and get out for a little spin to test them.
View attachment 7285 View attachment 7287
View attachment 7288 View attachment 7289
Love those switches! Cant wait to hear your thoughts on the throttle.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
View attachment 7285 View attachment 7287
View attachment 7288 View attachment 7289
I am JEALOUS with everyone here who install Domino Quick Throttle 🤤
I wish I can to but that mean I can't install the Rizoma handle bar grip anymore...
That Domino throttle look so nice and it sure nice to have real no slack throttle then my "fake" one with that throttle slack spacer thinghy... 🥴
Very nice selection Andy :love:

Andy7

Staff member
Thanks @BMW Alpina Unfortunately there’s no quick action throttle for the x99 series bikes as streamlined as @HKMP7 has. It is possible to customise the v4 product to fit my bike but I’m not too sure how I’d go cutting & splicing wires. So unfortunately I do have the extra little unit to mount somewhere on the bike when it’s installed. All in all it’s a quality piece and I’m looking forward to giving it a go soon.

Andy7

Staff member
I found some time to install the new covers, switches and throttle. Very easy job replacing the stock setup as it’s all just plug & play. Now it’s just a matter of some fine tuning to get the exact positioning I want.
0D459FF4-0458-4163-AC01-8AFA5CE33066.jpeg. 1F029BC2-2AF1-490A-83C5-2DCFB4E893D0.jpeg
DDB0E28D-F2B0-4380-94EE-5F6E191A95F2.jpeg
With the extra space on the right bar now I was able to move the master cylinder about a cm closer to the throttle. That means now I have to fiddle with the reservoir mount again to allow it to move side to side without making contact with the subframe when turning left & right.

Working on the logic here that if I have them I won’t need them. GB racing provides 4 additional bolts to replace the stock ones on each side which are tightened to 8nm. A bit more peace of mind.
4DBC1C32-42B4-4879-A235-22EE2A126363.jpeg 8086DA48-4A01-4D1E-86D9-F2E905F67E11.jpeg

Because this is the e-wire throttle not simply the quick action like is available for the v4 bikes I’m left with this unit to mount somewhere on the bike. The most popular spot is usually in the nose on track bikes who have deleted the headlights etc already but I don’t have that option yet. Luckily there was enough length in the wires to locate it down under the abs unit and this weekend I’ll fab up a little mounting bracket to hopefully secure it effectively.
2803A326-FACA-4884-BD25-7D935457B950.jpeg
I’ll post some more photos when I’ve tidied that situation up. Won’t get a chance to ride this weekend but from just running the bike and testing the new throttle out it certainly feels much sharper.

I also have one (or 2) more parts coming which will really enhance the front end but that’s still a few weeks away I expect so stay tuned 😏

Andy7

Staff member
Small update, got the throttle unit fixed in position & I was able to slot it in nicely with the bolt holding the lower radiator & shroud together so no bracket necessary (just a longer bolt). It all held up nicely with a short test ride while I had the fairings off so that’s peace of mind for what looks like is gonna be a wet day at the track on Friday.
I also put some adhesive heat shielding on the unit for a little bit of extra protection down near the inner side exposed to more heat.
Throttle response was scary sensitive, keen to spend more time adapting to it this weekend.
3138193A-AAC3-4056-B429-355A6F5D3A4F.jpeg. 11A6704E-88CE-4640-B7E5-CB6F4D2EB4FC.jpeg
53E36F96-32C8-4D7B-9AA0-F02472968B1D.jpeg. 40A2D6CF-4FD2-4055-8105-4DDE22A50A15.jpeg