My little build

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Is that normal seems to be leaking oil maybe it needs to be retightened
Hello BrooklynV4,
In the service manual, you would find that some of the bolts and even the engine oil drain bolt needs the liquid gasket to be applied to the thread.
The gasket used is Threebond 1207B.

Once you downloaded those manual to your laptop, make sure you extract the zip file so you can have all individual pdf files.
Then you can search on your windows explorer to find the right pdf file.
There is also a pdf files that contain the list of all grease, liquid gasket and loctite.

Brooklynv4

Retightened the cam chain tensioner bolt. It was a little off. Now I’m a little stuck there is a hose that keeps slipping out when I join the two half’s of the airbox together was wondering if anyone has had the same trouble

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Retightened the cam chain tensioner bolt. It was a little off. Now I’m a little stuck there is a hose that keeps slipping out when I join the two half’s of the airbox together was wondering if anyone has had the same trouble
Hi BrooklynV4, can you please show us the picture of the hose that kept on slipping out? I don't recall that when I put my airbox together....

Brooklynv4

It doesn’t slip out completely but just enough so that there’s a little play if that’s normal then fine but just wanted to make sure that is ok

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Base on this picture that I took when I took out my airbox, there is only things that goes into the airbox from the right side
One is the wiring bundle/harness and the other one is the hose for the fuel injectors. And yes, both of them is not super tight.

IMG_3307.JPG