My 1299 project

Lucati

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Got the rear sets on and went for a quick ride to feel em out. They’re not as flashy or good looking (lightechs still look nice) as the CNC ones I was using, but they do feel better and and put me in a better position. I did remove the toe of the lightechs shifter and replace it with the CNC’s toe because it spins freely which is nice.

0F31739B-73C2-4211-AEEF-BA6C91F3059F.jpeg
CC6EFD26-AB56-4820-9C4B-17CE738B5163.jpeg

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lucati,
The Black color of the Lightech make it look more "race professional" :cool: , I personally love it 😘
Also, I have a question,
Do you know if there is a different in the Gold Color Shade between the M10RS Magnesium and Aluminum version? Thanks

Lucati

Staff member
I appreciate your eye!

to answer your question, I do believe they are the same color/shade. Mine are a little darker because I’ve let a good layer of dust/grime/dirt build up haha

Hi Lucati,
The Black color of the Lightech make it look more "race professional" :cool: , I personally love it 😘
Also, I have a question,
Do you know if there is a different in the Gold Color Shade between the M10RS Magnesium and Aluminum version? Thanks

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I appreciate your eye!

to answer your question, I do believe they are the same color/shade. Mine are a little darker because I’ve let a good layer of dust/grime/dirt build up haha
From most internet pictures, I think the M10RS in gold color when it is new have a very bright gold color. I prefer it to be slightly darker actually, so I might need to add a few layer of dust on it to make it look darker like yours if I buy it someday :ROFLMAO:

BMW Alpina

Staff member
From most internet pictures, I think the M10RS in gold color when it is new have a very bright gold color. I prefer it to be slightly darker actually, so I might need to add a few layer of dust on it to make it look darker like yours if I buy it someday :ROFLMAO:
Well, actually, I might not buy the M10RS after all because today my offer for a special 998 got turned down :cry: and the asking price was far way too high 🥵, I know I am kinda sentimental stupid when it come to 916/998 but I am not that stupid 🤪

Lucati

Staff member
Well, actually, I might not buy the M10RS after all because today my offer for a special 998 got turned down :cry: and the asking price was far way too high 🥵, I know I am kinda sentimental stupid when it come to 916/998 but I am not that stupid 🤪
nahh, you like what you like! The right 998 will come!

Lucati

Staff member
I’m getting beat up quickly into this conversion...

anyone have any pointers on getting the gears that connect with the main gear to line up? It’s driving me nuts

I don’t know which gears they are exactly, I could look it up but I’m defeated at the moment. The outer gear is slightly off which is keeping me from sliding on the main gear. I’ve tried crow bars, flat head screwdriver...every time I get it to move, the gears move together, i some how need to jam the inner one to keep it from moving...or something
02D99D60-BA80-49B5-A66C-D67145A5B860.jpeg

Lucati

Staff member
Got it all figured out and done. So apparently to get the gears to line up, there is a plug which needs to be unplugged, then there is a notch in the crankshaft. With a special tool you screw into that plug and then end of that tool goes into the notch of the crankshaft to keep it from spinning, which will allow you to then line up the gears. Well, that tool was back ordered so I made my own by getting a boot that fits the plug then shaving it down to fit the notch in the crankshaft.

E5E7D090-86AA-4CEA-BD09-FF6D57775450.jpeg
CBEA4DB1-CBBE-443C-AA48-F5B16EC103B1.jpeg
5FB5696A-5D4D-4F60-837F-6608514584C0.jpeg

and these came in today, will install them when the new front MC comes in...

FE4893D0-6A1F-449E-A624-25704D37F962.jpeg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Got it all figured out and done. So apparently to get the gears to line up, there is a plug which needs to be unplugged, then there is a notch in the crankshaft. With a special tool you screw into that plug and then end of that tool goes into the notch of the crankshaft to keep it from spinning, which will allow you to then line up the gears. Well, that tool was back ordered so I made my own by getting a boot that fits the plug then shaving it down to fit the notch in the crankshaft.

View attachment 3957
View attachment 3958
View attachment 3959

and these came in today, will install them when the new front MC comes in...

View attachment 3960
Congratulations on getting the STM clutch installed plus your creativity by crafting your own special tools 😃
and that HEL calipers looks even better than the picture on the HEL website. I can't wait to hear your review compare to the stock Brembo 😍🏍

Lucati

Staff member
Can I get your guys opinion on this, sorry my writing is pretty bad in the pictures haha. On my thumb brake, the fluid is in a reservoir connected to my left clip on, taking up space. This is how the diagram says to set it up with the thumb brake. But does the fluid have to be there? I can’t think of a reason it HAS to be at that point. I was thinking of getting a new master cylinder with the reservoir integrated into it. So I made some diagrams to make it more clear (hopefully)

Current set up...
381F4B20-1CE5-45B6-98FA-C9D18911DAF9.jpeg
possible set up..

100A6955-7754-43D0-AA75-DC3BAF14A56B.jpeg

Last edited:

Lucati

Staff member
This is interesting I'm definitely curious. :unsure:

Which rear master are you looking at?
I’d like to figure this out before I order the MC, I could swap my masters around and just see if it works.

the suter, I think you got that one if I remember correctly. How do you like it?