Jrkk's budget build V4 base

Jrkk

This doesn't look very wise thing to do.:eek:

20220402_021015.jpg

I just had couple of situations when I was hopin, that rear wire loom should have a connector in it. Now it has.
And I can blame myself if I'm having blinking tail lights. :ROFLMAO:
20220404_012538.jpg
Picked Deutsh, that should be good quality connectors. Clean up whole rear loom and add some wires.

20220404_012213.jpg20220404_230813.jpg
20220404_230825.jpg
20220404_233356.jpg
20220404_233516.jpg

GPS module is placed to front, like MY18 models. If gps signal is bad there I need to move it to the tail.
I'd like to keep some space in that tail.

20220311_000052.jpg

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Thanks HKMP7.
I have tons of pics to resize, and I like to do this about chronological order. Some fun DIY staff still to come.
Jrkkk
Thank you for sharing your work. The gloss carbon looks really good. I like your efforts to clean and fix problems as you go. Thanks for all the pics.

PanigalePilot

Staff member
Jr,
Love the work with the mesh. Adds a real personal element to your bike. Cooling such a thing with these bikes and airflow is a big part of the answer. I also note in the 3rd photo your detailed use of safety wire on the front caliper bolts with some shrink wrap (?) used to protect the nice surface of the caliper. A forum friend of mine did the same with his 1199 Superleggera build many years ago. Real attention to detail. I like your work.

PanigalePilot

Staff member
Ok. Now we get first DIY part what I was talking about.
In first post I told that we had tragedy in our family. My dad past away, and he was very tech orientated dude (73 years) and left me 3D printer (and lots of tools, computers and stuff what I all ready had)
I had used that my previous projects as well, but now when its in my garage, usage will go next level.

First I got throttle spacer file from friendly dude from another forum. Made those to all our group, and tweaked my throttle tube with thin plastic. There is glue between seam so it will not open up or what ever it might do.

View attachment 4255

Next I started to model mirror block off's just for fun, I know they are not that expensive, but cos I can.

This was first practice model in rough resolution, witch I tweaked a lot.

View attachment 4256

Then I tried what kind of logos and texts is possible to make

View attachment 4257

And different colors and bolt colors.
These are from ABS plastic so they will be strong and handle sun light

View attachment 4258

View attachment 4259

This is final version, and of course both colors. Made those again to all of our group, (-20V4S guy get himself red CNC ones so not for him)

View attachment 4260

Very cool and great skills.

Brooklynv4

Then some heat issue elimination. Since my bike is -19 model, new recall for gear position sensor dos not concern this. There is already thin washers under sensor, but this thing runs so hot that I decided to do something about it. Some al heat sink with heat paste. This hopefully helps so my sensor holds hod track days.
That lead to that lower chain guard didn't fit, so that needs to modify as well.

View attachment 4219View attachment 4220View attachment 4221View attachment 4222
Where did you get that heat sink from I want one for mine

Jrkk

Track season opened.
Engine seems to operate as it should, so my valve work and waterpump change was success. :D

Front forks feels quite good also, although I just set the sag and set dampings to the middle.
What comes to my riding... well first day is always hard to me. :rolleyes:

We get bad news today.

Also I have been helping there tens of hours with local motorsport club with tire walls and some support work, so this is very frustrating.
I even heard, that Spanish people are afraid to come Finland because of Russia.:oops:
I just hope that this isn't end of our dreams of having motogp here in Finland.

Jrkk

It seems that nose is not good place for GPS sensor. It has been working and recording track data, but it has had lots of missed start/finish lines as well. And long waiting time to connect satellites.
I read somewhere that sensor alignment is supposed to be horizontal, so I give it one more chance and bend my brackets so it's level.
After that I must sacrifice tail box for GPS sensor.
Track season has been limited to 5 days due other activities, couple more days to come.20220817_234654.jpg20220813_221629.jpg