HKMP7's V4S Journal

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Sicom DMC 330mm T-Drive Rotors
The latest addition in the weight savings journey brings us to these insanely light rotors. These are the best of both worlds you get the low weight like the carbon carbon disk used in MotoGP. But you get the flexibility of being able to use these at much lower temperatures. Like a lot of modern super cars with carbon ceramic brakes these will even work in cold conditions. The machining quality on the rotor hats is excellent and the anodizing is great. The rotors come with their own pads.
Now the pictures!

Love how they put Ducati on the hats.

Here are the pads they come with. Notice the pads have a lot more swept area than the stock ones.

These are the bed-in instructions.

Weights & Measures
Sicom DMC T-drives 663g Left 663g right 1326g total
So I'll save 4.1lbs by going from my current Braketech rotors to these.
Recap
Stock Rotors 1376g Left 1381g right 2767g total
Braketech Iron 1599g Left 1611g right 3210g total
Brembo T-drives 1583g Left 1586g right 3169g total

Last edited:

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Sicom DMC 330T-Drive Rotors
The latest addition in the weight savings journey brings us to these insanely light rotors. These are the best of both worlds you get the low weight like the carbon carbon disk used in MotoGP. But you get the flexibility of being able to use these at much lower temperatures. Like a lot of modern super cars with carbon ceramic brakes these will even work in cold conditions. The machining quality on the rotor hats is excellent and the anodizing is great. The rotors come with their own pads.
Now the pictures!

Love how they put Ducati on the hats.

Here are the pads they come with. Notice the pads have a lot more sweep area than the stock ones.

These are the bed-in instructions.

Weights & Measures
Recap
Wow, those extra swept area on the pads (and on the rotor) will help provide more braking power and heat transfer !!! :geek:👍

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Here’s what I got back from my inquiry.
If sicom look like their prices will increase I’ll bite the bullet sooner but might give the Braketech ones til mid next year and see if there’s any progress.

429EC74A-9F96-4DE8-8864-4D77915541D8.jpeg

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
you didn't weigh it before you put it back on it!!!
In the previous post

Weights & Measures
Recap

plus, I love the hexagon bolt idea rather than torx
Yeah I like these because I may switch between rotors often.

PanigalePilot

Staff member
Here’s what I got back from my inquiry.
If sicom look like their prices will increase I’ll bite the bullet sooner but might give the Braketech ones til mid next year and see if there’s any progress.

View attachment 5781
BT had the it’s coming soon on their website for about 3 years
Eventually I got impatient and wrote to them for an update as you have done
I got various answers and all genuine I am sure.
Also from “Jeff”.
After waiting another year I wrote and he said it was not happening. I cannot remember the exact reason but something along the lines of the potential manufacturing partner not being able to produce.
So I started looking at Sicom from a popular USA retailer for 3k USD a set
Ended up having to buy a new family car instead
Personally I do not think that BT will ever make it to market. Pity looks like they made a good product
When I can afford it I will go Sicom as HKMP7 has done
PS I am deployed at the moment but when home will cut and paste some of my emails with Jeff
He seemed to be upfront with me

Andy7

Staff member
Thanks for the additional insight @PanigalePilot, unfortunately I think you’re right about the production not really progressing much further. Unless another manufacturer steps in to take over then Sicom seems to be the only option. It’s really a shame since the auto application now is almost everywhere you look, I’m surprised the gap hasn’t been bridged into bikes more already.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
"Bedding-In"
I need to get the rotors and pads bedded-in. Since I don't have any track events coming up I will have to bed them in on the street. Sketchy af lol. I loaded up my backpack with a pump sprayer more on that later. I decided early in the morning would be the best time since there will be less traffic and no 👮‍♂️. To my dismay there were 👮‍♂️👮‍♀️ everywhere lol. So in between my sightings I would bed the brakes. After the 10 stops from 50 mph which were easy I started on to the 100 mph stops. I now have somewhat of a lever and the bike stops decent. The initial bite isn't like the Braketech Iron rotors but these ramp up like crazy. During the 100 mph stop the ABS would activate which I've never felt on this bike. Its not unsettling like other ABS systems it was a slight nudge on the lever as oppose to it fighting you. I let the brakes cool down and now we are in the home stretch. 2 more 100 mph stops then I ended up at the gas station here's were the pump sprayer comes into play. I go inside and purchase a large Fiji water I filled my sprayer with half and I drank the rest. Sprayed down the brakes to cool them off. Only the best hydration for the Sicoms lol. I could only imagine what the people at the gas station were thinking wtf 🤨.

Now that the brakes are good to go they feel great I've put about 100 miles or so on them and they stop stop.
I'm ready to out brake Toprak Razgatlıoğlu into turn 1 at Jerez 🤪🥴. I will put more miles on them and do a proper review. Initial thoughts are positive.

Last edited:

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
"Bedding-In"
I need to get the rotors and pads bedded-in. Since I don't have any track events coming up I will have to bed them in on the street. Sketchy af lol. I loaded up my backpack with a pump sprayer more on that later. I decided early in the morning would be the best time since there will be less traffic and no 👮‍♂️. To my dismay there were 👮‍♂️👮‍♀️ everywhere lol. So in between my sightings I would bed the brakes. After the 10 stops from 50 mph which were easy I started on to the 100 mph stops. I now have somewhat of a lever and the bike stops decent. The initial bite isn't like the Braketech Iron rotors but these ramp up like crazy. During the 100 mph stop the ABS would activate which I've never felt on this bike. Its not unsettling like other ABS systems it was a slight nudge on the lever as oppose to it fighting you. I let the brakes cool down and now we are in the home stretch. 2 more 100 mph stops then I ended up at the gas station here's were the pump sprayer comes into play. I go inside and purchase a large Fiji water I filled my sprayer with half and I drank the rest. Sprayed down the brakes to cool them off. Only the best hydration for the Sicoms lol. I could only imagine what the people at the gas station were thinking wtf 🤨.

Now that the brakes are good to go they fell great I've put about 100 miles or so on them and they stop stop. I'm ready to out brake Toprak razgatlıoğlu into turn 1 at Jerez 🤪🥴.
I will put more miles on them and do a proper review. Initial thoughts are positive.
Wow, only the best water for the Sicom to drink and cool down (y) 🤩
The SICOM looks on your bike also make me love it now :love:

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
"Bedding-In"

Now that the brakes are good to go they fell great I've put about 100 miles or so on them and they stop stop.
I'm ready to out brake Toprak Razgatlıoğlu into turn 1 at Jerez 🤪🥴. I will put more miles on them and do a proper review. Initial thoughts are positive.
if you're going to Jerez, let me know, lets go!!!

craig bush

if you're going to Jerez, let me know, lets go!!!
Agreed. I have been corresponding with Simon Crafar’s school motovudu. They have track events scheduled to start in Europe in December (iirc) at some very nice tracks including Jerez and Aragon. I reserved a date in March at Portimao, but it’s subject to change.

May we could get a Ducati Modified group rate - I’m down to try to coordinate schedules. :)

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Agreed. I have been corresponding with Simon Crafar’s school motovudu. They have track events scheduled to start in Europe in December (iirc) at some very nice tracks including Jerez and Aragon. I reserved a date in March at Portimao, but it’s subject to change.

May we could get a Ducati Modified group rate - I’m down to try to coordinate schedules. :)
now we are talking!! March will be beautiful !!