HKMP7's V4S Journal

POMPLARDPANAM

Agreed. I have been corresponding with Simon Crafar’s school motovudu. They have track events scheduled to start in Europe in December (iirc) at some very nice tracks including Jerez and Aragon. I reserved a date in March at Portimao, but it’s subject to change.

May we could get a Ducati Modified group rate - I’m down to try to coordinate schedules. :)
damn...bros if i was no broke i would come for sure but...anyway if u can have an interesting price why not?

Last edited:

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
"Bedding-In"
I need to get the rotors and pads bedded-in. Since I don't have any track events coming up I will have to bed them in on the street. Sketchy af lol. I loaded up my backpack with a pump sprayer more on that later. I decided early in the morning would be the best time since there will be less traffic and no 👮‍♂️. To my dismay there were 👮‍♂️👮‍♀️ everywhere lol. So in between my sightings I would bed the brakes. After the 10 stops from 50 mph which were easy I started on to the 100 mph stops. I now have somewhat of a lever and the bike stops decent. The initial bite isn't like the Braketech Iron rotors but these ramp up like crazy. During the 100 mph stop the ABS would activate which I've never felt on this bike. Its not unsettling like other ABS systems it was a slight nudge on the lever as oppose to it fighting you. I let the brakes cool down and now we are in the home stretch. 2 more 100 mph stops then I ended up at the gas station here's were the pump sprayer comes into play. I go inside and purchase a large Fiji water I filled my sprayer with half and I drank the rest. Sprayed down the brakes to cool them off. Only the best hydration for the Sicoms lol. I could only imagine what the people at the gas station were thinking wtf 🤨.

Now that the brakes are good to go they fell great I've put about 100 miles or so on them and they stop stop.
I'm ready to out brake Toprak Razgatlıoğlu into turn 1 at Jerez 🤪🥴. I will put more miles on them and do a proper review. Initial thoughts are positive.
Thanks HK eventually will get some of these
Thanks for review

POMPLARDPANAM

V4SL radiator cap & Samco hoses
These hoses will add some style and hopefully reduce coolant temps. The SL rad cap is a billet piece of art!

SL cap

In my excitement I rushed to the garage to get these installed. No dice 🎲 🎲 one of the hoses was cut too short. Same issue @BMW Alpina had. Both of our kits must have been made on a Friday lol.

So I reached out to Samco and they confirmed my hose was too short. ”That’s what she said”. So they will be sending me a replacement.
To be continued:
Hi bro Can u tell me please wich one is too short ?

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Sicom Rotor update and current Weight
After putting about 4-500 miles on the rotors they are performing well. I do miss the initial bite of the iron rotors but what these lack in bite they more than make up for it in feel and stopping power. They haul this thing down in a hurry and the extra "feel" they provide is excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to lean on the ABS on the street or track. Now lets talk about the flick it is absolutely incredible less effort and pin point accuracy. I read other reviews said that the lack of weight caused twitchiness but I've been 10k rpm in 6th and they were solid. This brings up another point opinions are opinions they are not facts. So when you read stuff on the internet keep that in mind. That's why I try things and come up with my own thoughts.

Weight
I went to the same place with a full tank of gas and here are the results. It would teeter between 400-401lbs.

Last edited:

POMPLARDPANAM

After putting about 4-500 miles on the rotors they are performing well. I do miss the initial bite of the iron rotors but what these lack in bite they more than make up for it in feel and stopping power. They haul this thing down in a hurry and the extra "fell" they provide is excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to lean on the ABS on the street or track. Now lets talk about the flick it is absolutely incredible less effort and pin point accuracy. I read other reviews said that the lack of weight caused twitchiness but I've been 10k rpm in 6th and they were solid. This brings up another point opinions are opinions they are not facts. So when you read stuff on the internet keep that in mind. That's why I try things and come up with my own thoughts.

Weight
I went to the same place with a full tank of gas and here are the results. It would teeter between 400-401lbs.
Crazy shit bro the SL V4 is 335 lbs...what is next step...

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Yes, the old Dry weight on spec vs. Wet Weight on real world ;)
Bro all manufacturers dry weights are a joke. They are all over the board on what fluids are considered in dry weight and wet weight. Last time I checked all fluids are wet isn't that why they are called fluids lol. Best way to weigh them is ready to ride with a full tank of gas.

Last edited:

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
After putting about 4-500 miles on the rotors they are performing well. I do miss the initial bite of the iron rotors but what these lack in bite they more than make up for it in feel and stopping power. They haul this thing down in a hurry and the extra "fell" they provide is excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to lean on the ABS on the street or track. Now lets talk about the flick it is absolutely incredible less effort and pin point accuracy. I read other reviews said that the lack of weight caused twitchiness but I've been 10k rpm in 6th and they were solid. This brings up another point opinions are opinions they are not facts. So when you read stuff on the internet keep that in mind. That's why I try things and come up with my own thoughts.

Weight
I agree about trying things yourself.
I started in 2012 doing that with my 1199
For example lots of people said back then that using various additives to the cooling fluid could bring the heat down
Tried it myself. Lots of trial runs with 3 different types
Recorded temps etc
Result not one bit of difference . IMHO
Just an example of trying things yourself so you have an informed opinion not just a guess.
👍

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Clutch Cover Craze
I will dedicate this week to the dry clutch covers I bought and why. I plan to install the clutch over the winter leading into next season. The first one is the factory cover that comes with the kit. I don't think anyone in their right mind will use this cover. I'm sure it was included for legal purposes. It's made of magnesium and is the same as the factory V4/V4S cover with 2 of the mounting tabs removed. They also removed the internal sound deadening. This cover weighs 288g.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Clutch Cover Craze
I will dedicate this week to the dry clutch covers I bought and why. I plan to install the clutch over the winter leading into next season. The first one is the factory cover that comes with the kit. I don't think anyone in their right mind will use this cover. I'm sure it was included for legal purposes. It's made of magnesium and is the same as the factory V4/V4S cover with 2 of the mounting tabs removed. They also removed the internal sound deadening. This cover weighs 288g.
Who are the faces behind the Ninja masks? 😁