HKMP7's V4S Journal

Brooklynv4

How difficult is the installation of the samco kit I’m thinking about it for next year possibly. What are the benefits

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
How difficult is the installation of the samco kit I’m thinking about it for next year possibly. What are the benefits
It’s not super difficult but very tedious. You are taking most of the bike apart. The hoses will help with cooling efficiency and a little bling. Honestly the reason I put them on my bikes is longevity. The silicone hose heat cycles way better than it’s rubber counterpart. So it’s easy to keep clean last longer adds a bit of style. So win win as long as you get the right length hoses :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Brooklynv4

It’s not super difficult but very tedious. You are taking most of the bike apart. The hoses will help in cooling efficiency and a little bling. Honestly the reason I put them on my bikes is longevity. The silicone hose heat cycles way better than it’s rubber counterpart. So it’s easy to keep clean last longer adds a bit of style. So win win as long as you get the right length hoses :ROFLMAO:
Ok you twisted my arm enough 😂I’ll do it over the winter. My bank account is going to hate me though

craig bush

Exactly. I’m sure they are also logging pressure. So much data.
Don’t judge me but I may buy one for my EVO master. 🤣
If you start running sensors all over the bike, you really should step up to an engine management system capable of logging all of them.

So… I’m expecting to hear within the next couple updates that your order for the SBU MoTec electronic package is placed and in-bound with expedited shipping. 😉

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Exactly. I’m sure they are also logging pressure. So much data.
Don’t judge me but I may buy one for my EVO master. 🤣
After I read your post above, I ran to my bike to see if my RCS Corsa Corta MC have provision/thread bolt hole to mount this potentio meter, and I am so glad it did not have any, so I have a "logical" excuse for not buying the potentio meter 🤪

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Fullsix Headlight holder
One more thing to help shave some grams. The finish is excellent and the fitment is great so far. I went with matte to match all the other carbon on the bike.

I replaced the steel hardware with Ti equivalent

With the instrument covers installed

I changed the “Ducati Corse” badge to the Flat style

Weights and Measures
Stock stay 697g
Stock stay with stock hardware 799g
Fullsix stay 387g
Fullsix stay with Ti hardware 465g
334g Savings

Last edited:

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Front wheel speed sensor project
Here is were we started

Adding a Deutsch ASU autosport connector
1627436365826.png
These are the same connectors used by all high end motorsport teams in Formula 1 MotoGP and WSBK.
Here are some of the specialty tools needed to install the connector.

Installed

Now we loom. I used a mixture of Raychem DR-25 US and Raychem HFT5000. If you've never used this stuff its incredible chemical, abrasion and heat resistant.
Heat resistant up to 302 deg for 1000 hours. Crazy stuff.

I wanted to add my own touch since its my custom part I came up with a part# 32.100.21.11.R

Any guesses on the significance of those numbers?

Last edited:

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Front wheel speed sensor project
Here is were we started

Adding a Deutsch ASU autosport connector
View attachment 5120
These are the same connectors used by all high end motorsport teams in Formula 1 MotoGP and WSBK.
Here are some of the specialty tools needed to install the connector.

Installed

Now we loom. I used a mixture of Raychem DR-25 US and Raychem HFT5000. If you've never used this stuff its incredible chemical abrasion and heat resistant.
Heat resistant up to 302 deg for 1000 hours. Crazy stuff.

I wanted to add my own touch since its my custom part I came up with a part# 32.100.21.11.R

Any guesses on the significance of those numbers?
Wow, this BUILD just raised the bar at DUCATImodified to Motorsport Level (y) 🤩

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
What’s the advantage of the Deutsch ASU autosport connector?
Makes maintenance easier if you needed to remove the front end. They are more durable and lighter than plastic connectors. Last longer in extreme conditions. All great features none of which really apply to me lol. I did it for a couple reasons first it looks cool second I get practice making them for a up coming mod.
Here's Scott Redding's V4R with autosport connectors.

Last edited:

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Fullsix Headlight holder installed
The fitment is good the only issue was these 2 mounting points were threaded and they didn't need to be. So I got a 5mm drill bit and removed the threads. Not a big deal just something they missed.

Installed

Added some Xpel matte PPF to protect it.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
*Sidetracked*
While doing some spring cleaning I noticed the connector for the rear O2 sensor was turning brown from all the heat. So I decided to replace it. Not sure why its white from factory but whatever.

So got a replacement in black.

:sick:

Out with the old in with the new.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Motocorse SBK fork bottoms :love:
The eagle 🦅 has landed and OMG. These things look amazing! They looked awesome before but when they are on the forks it kicks it up a notch. I'm a super happy how they turned out. The forks were rebuilt with custom valving and black magic. Also added a travel indicator to the right leg so no more zipties lol.

The gold peeking through the cut out is beautiful

Weights and measures
Stock fork bottom no hardware
Left "sensor side" 581g
Right 503g

Motocorse with Ti hardware
Left "sensor side" 509g
Right 448g
Total Savings 127g
So @Tsaico was right they are a bit lighter

P.S. I already ceramic coated them ha.

Last edited: