HKMP7's V4S Journal

Jrkk

Quite heavy A4 bolt:ROFLMAO:, but I'm guessing that you will change that.

It's odd that many quality manufacturers throw some bulk bolts to their beautiful parts. Here is stainless at least.

These fork legs are so BEAUTIFUL. :love:

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
tell me more about OEM fork bottom weight-in when you swapped them out.

I bet you two ice cream, the weigh is at least 50% lighter :p

Motocorse SBK fork bottoms
@Tsaico Correct
I ordered these over 4 months ago. They look amazing and they have the level of detail that we've come to expect from Motocorse.
Check them out.

Weights and measures
Fork bottoms with stock Motocorse hardware.
Left w speed sensor 526g
Right 465g

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Quite heavy A4 bolt:ROFLMAO:, but I'm guessing that you will change that.

It's odd that many quality manufacturers throw some bulk bolts to their beautiful parts. Here is stainless at least.

These fork legs are so BEAUTIFUL. :love:
I already have the Ti equivalents lol.
tell me more about OEM fork bottom weight-in when you swapped them out.

I bet you two ice cream, the weigh is at least 50% lighter :p
I dont know. :unsure: I think the factory ones are pretty light. I will definitely do a update when the Motorcorse bottoms are installed. The place doing the work will be doing a full rebuild with upgraded parts and adding a travel indicator..

Last edited:

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member

I dont know. :unsure: I think the factory ones are pretty light. I will definitely do a update when the Motorcorse bottoms are installed. The place doing the work will be doing a full rebuild with upgraded parts and and adding a travel indicator..
Wow,
Are you also upgrading the cartridge to Ohlins FKR108 cartridge? 😀

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member

I dont know. :unsure: I think the factory ones are pretty light. I will definitely do a update when the Motorcorse bottoms are installed. The place doing the work will be doing a full rebuild with upgraded parts and and adding a travel indicator..
I had a potentiometer installed once; on S1000RR; I was able to tune a few spots on turns. just so much variable to play.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
I had a potentiometer installed once; on S1000RR; I was able to tune a few spots on turns. just so much variable to play.
Im not going down that rabbit hole.
Don't get me started. My superbike has front and rear potentiometer with tire temp pressure sensors with all channels logged. I used to show up for trackdays with a data guy. lmao
I have a problem don't judge lol.

craig bush

Don't get me started. My superbike has front and rear potentiometer with tire temp pressure sensors with all channels logged. I used to show up for trackdays with a data guy. lmao
Superbike??

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member

i know this is a Ducati forum, but worthy of sidetrack info is: BMW offers their data guy (Steve Weir) to get you set up on DDC and other things if you can get in line for his free service.

craig bush

i know this is a Ducati forum, but worthy of sidetrack info is: BMW offers their data guy (Steve Weir) to get you set up on DDC and other things if you can get in line for his free service.
I talked to Steve when I was considering the purchase of a former Pegram racing s1000rr. Seemed like a good guy.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
I've shared these here before.
Carbon tank and carbon bodywork painted green All kit motor parts 196HP in 2006! 386lbs wet No TC. Kit swingarm Kit rearsets Kit 60 deg throttle Kit Ecu kit wiring harness. Kit side mounted damper This bike would wheelie 4th gear and the carbon airbox made noises only found in WSBK lol. Too many details on this bike to list. Not very many off the shelf products.

Fun fact I re loomed the whole bike in BMW wiring harness tape. :ROFLMAO:

PSG1 Kawasaki Carbon airbox

Last edited:

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Don't tell Kawasaki I have this lmfao 🤫
This Kit tank is aluminum with built in seat unit and is lighter than my carbon tank.

Ups, your "sworn enemy" might recognize you now, I am sure he is lurking here all the time ;)🤣