DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Next, I continue with my SC-Project heat guard preservation project :ROFLMAO:, yeah, the SC-Project carbon heat guard need another layer of heat guard to protect it from discoloring badly.
First, I received the black stainless steel washers:
IMG_0312.JPG
Which I needed behind the Gold ProTi Titanium Bolts:
IMG_0313.JPG

Then I install the top area with the stainless steel clamp part of this kit from DEI:
IMG_0314.JPGIMG_0315.JPG

The bottom part of this DEI fabric heat shield was directly bolted to the exhaust pipe via the bolt originally for the SC-Project carbon fiber heat shield:
IMG_0316.JPG

Then I need to enlarge the holes on the SC-Project Carbon Fiber heat shield to accommodate the sensor bung plug on the SC-Project exhaust header itself. Left picture before enlarging, right picture after enlarging.
Oh, it also need enlarging because adding those DEI fabric protection behind the carbon fiber heatshield (plus those green Ducati heat shield washer) alter the position so the bung no longer fit in the original circle of opening.
IMG_0317.JPGIMG_0321.JPG

Now it fit well inside the circle, and the carbon fiber heat shield no longer directly touch the exhaust (it will burned sooner or later if touch):
IMG_0322.JPGIMG_0323.JPG

I then add ProTi bolt and nut to cover the third holes but this no longer bolted to the SC-Project exhaust pipe since the position is too far off. That mean the heat shield is not only hold by 2 other bolts but they should be strong enough:
IMG_0324.JPG

This is how it looks now with the added DEI fabric heat shield behind the SC-Project carbon fiber heat shield:
IMG_0325.JPGIMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0327.JPGIMG_0328.JPG

Today, I will remove the SC-Project carbon fiber heat shield again to:
a. apply resin polymer to coat the open skin where I dremel it to enlarge the circle to ensure no moisture will seep in and destroy the carbon fiber layer.
b. I will soon send it to Spooky Fast to be clear coated again since the current clear coat is already discolored due to the high temperature it was exposed to (when some area touched the exhaust manifolds).

BMW Alpina

Staff member
New update on the eBay case...
Although I fully refunded the buyer yesterday through the eBay system, one of the scammers opened a new dispute with eBay, saying that the transaction was not recognized...
this dispute now is for the more expensive transaction, the Brembo GP4-RR

This dispute means he never bought the item from me, and claim someone else is using his "newly created eBay id" to scammed me... which is IMPOSSIBLE to fathom...
How can someone who just open a new eBay ID gets his eBay ID stolen by another scammer right away? Then no complaints about this issue until almost 2 weeks after his card got charged and all this crazy back and forth about the shipment address and UPS returned the package to me?

So, not only has he already received a $3,000 refund from me, but now he tried to STEAL another EXTRA $3,000 of my cash from me.

I just chatted with eBay customer service, and they assure me I am protected, but still, this is crazy. I am so glad now eBay also handle the payment for buyer/seller in their system so they can see already refund the payment.

1677439470474.png

BMW Alpina

Staff member
The Titanium FRONT Axle Nut arrived back from shaving the thickness at the machine shop today, and it is now smoothly GLIDE IN:
IMG_0348.JPGIMG_0347.JPG

Then I decided to test with the Full AELLA Chromoly Axle, and of course it is PERFECT :cool::
IMG_0349.JPGIMG_0350.JPG

Not just that, but it looks just like a stock front axle (just SHINIER of course) 🤪:
IMG_0351.JPGIMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0353.JPGIMG_0354.JPG

Then time to test the Ducati by Rizoma front axle slider:
IMG_0356.JPG

The left side is perfect:
IMG_0355.JPG

The right side on the other hand... well since this axle has smaller inner diameter so the spacer from Rizoma front slider did not fit, and I will have to machine a new custom spacer:
IMG_0358.JPG

But assume we have the spacer, it will look as nice as this picture below:
IMG_0359.JPGIMG_0360.JPG

By the way, I also add some more ProTi Titanium Bolts to cover all of the unused screw holes:
IMG_0257.JPGIMG_0258.JPG
IMG_0259.JPGIMG_0260.JPG
IMG_0261.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
This Timing Cover from STM is already beautiful:

IMG_0392.JPGIMG_0393.JPG

But I still decided to substitute it with a classier style:
err, not this picture though :ROFLMAO:, this one just show after the cover removed:
IMG_0394.JPG

This one:
IMG_0395.JPG

Yes, I think Titanium Timing Cover from Motocorse with Motocorse Titanium bolts is CLASSIER :cool:
IMG_0396.JPGIMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
UPS delivered something very important and special today:

IMG_0526.JPGIMG_0527.JPG

The Motocorse Lower Triple Clamp, a piece of Engineering Art :love::
IMG_0528.JPGIMG_0531.JPG

IMG_0530.JPGIMG_0529.JPG

IMG_0532.JPGIMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0534.JPG

The only issue is the diameter is quite tight at 57.98mm, while the Ohlins RVP25 forks diameter is 58.03mm
so I need to use a plastic tool to "open it up" so I can test fit and slide the Ohlins RVP25 forks. The pictures did not do justice, but in reality, these color combinations make it looks very luxurious:
IMG_0538.JPGIMG_0539.JPG

IMG_0540.JPG

I just need to wait for the Upper Triple Clamp (custom machined at 54.5mm), then I can install the WSBK forks, well after I solve the new mounting for the brake line distribution block of course...

Then I also do some unboxing of Motocorse radiator pipe:
IMG_0535.JPG
IMG_0536.JPGIMG_0537.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
By the way, I am in the process of moving to a new house that I just bought so updates will be slower for the next month or so...
But my target is to finish all upgrades for this bike as soon as I move... well, maybe another few months after I move, so hopefully by the end of summer this year 😎

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
That looks fantastic depending on the weight it may be a cool option. Hopefully you don't have to remove the side plates to remove the sprocket cover.

Last edited:

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Oh, I am working with Diego Melotti on the NEW custom Melotti Racing Upper Triple Clamp for Ohlins RVP-25 WSBK forks that require a 54.5mm diameter (our stock is only 53mm):
Here is how it looks fresh from laser marking with the "Melotti" R&D logo that is normally dedicated to WSBK parts only (like the Barni Team for Petruci's new upper triple clamp).
Notice how thin the wall of the triple clamp is, only precision machining can get it done 😎
IMG_0543.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
IMG_0612.JPG

Yes, #builtforrace, that is Melotti Racing :cool:

They finally arrived:
IMG_0593.JPG
IMG_0594.JPGIMG_0595.JPG

Melotti Racing Upper Triple Clamp ( Top Yoke ) and GP Handlebars, Custom Machined to 54.5mm Ohlins RVP-25 WSBK forks:
IMG_0596.JPG

Yes, straight from their Melotti Racing R&D Dept. thus the new laser marking logo ;):
IMG_0611.JPG

More pictures:
IMG_0610.JPG

IMG_0597.JPGIMG_0599.JPG

IMG_0598.JPGIMG_0602.JPG

IMG_0600.JPGIMG_0601.JPG

IMG_0603.JPGIMG_0604.JPG

Test fit to make sure it fits the diameter of the Ohlins RVP-25 WSBK forks:
IMG_0605.JPGIMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0607.JPGIMG_0609.JPG

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
This Timing Cover from STM is already beautiful:

View attachment 11688View attachment 11689

But I still decided to substitute it with a classier style:
err, not this picture though :ROFLMAO:, this one just show after the cover removed:
View attachment 11690

This one:
View attachment 11691

Yes, I think Titanium Timing Cover from Motocorse with Motocorse Titanium bolts is CLASSIER :cool:
View attachment 11692View attachment 11693

View attachment 11694
Yes that Moto Corse Timing cover is so nice to look at. H when I look at your orange Samco hoses I wish I had purchased that colour for my 1199S. I purchased Red a long time ago. I am tempted to sell my kit. Which is still in the plastic bag they came and go to the Orange.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Yes that Moto Corse Timing cover is so nice to look at. H when I look at your orange Samco hoses I wish I had purchased that colour for my 1199S. I purchased Red a long time ago. I am tempted to sell my kit. Which is still in the plastic bag they came and go to the Orange.
Hi PanigalePilot,

Red is not a bad color. I just think Red is too common a color since most people choose Red Samco hose. With our fairing color also Red, I feel Red Samco does not provide enough contrast.

However, some people see Orange as a "KTM" exclusive color, so they did not like Orange Samco hose on a Ducati because of that.

But Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I beg to differ and like you I also prefer Orange 😃

Monsta

Hi PanigalePilot,

Red is not a bad color. I just think Red is too common a color since most people choose Red Samco hose. With our fairing color also Red, I feel Red Samco does not provide enough contrast.

However, some people see Orange as a "KTM" exclusive color, so they did not like Orange Samco hose on a Ducati because of that.

But Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I beg to differ and like you I also prefer Orange 😃
I like the PROTI titanium hardware that you liberally use on your bike😝. I plan on replacing all the aluminum bolts on the engine cases and other places on my bike.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I like the PROTI titanium hardware that you liberally use on your bike😝. I plan on replacing all the aluminum bolts on the engine cases and other places on my bike.
Hi Monsta,
Yes, their TORX head design really helps to withstand more torque when tightening them, and beautiful design at the same time. 😃
Just make sure you are using anti-seize to prevent galling or, in some cases, stuck with the aluminum engine block caused by metal with different properties. Or in some cases, Loctite will also help prevent corrosion (when the spec at Ducati service manual specify Loctite).
In some larger sizes, M10 or above, you also need to reduce the torque following the guidance on the ProTi website.

Monsta

Hi Monsta,
Yes, their TORX head design really helps to withstand more torque when tightening them, and beautiful design at the same time. 😃
Just make sure you are using anti-seize to prevent galling or, in some cases, stuck with the aluminum engine block caused by metal with different properties. Or in some cases, Loctite will also help prevent corrosion (when the spec at Ducati service manual specify Loctite).
In some larger sizes, M10 or above, you also need to reduce the torque following the guidance on the ProTi website.
I’ll definitely have some questions when I’m at the titanium stage. Thank you very much for the info.

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Hi PanigalePilot,

H
What does collapse line mean on your clip ons. Very nice BTW. I see one of those mellanti yoke tops in my 1199 future. Looks light and I like "light".

BMW Alpina

Staff member
H
What does collapse line mean on your clip ons. Very nice BTW. I see one of those mellanti yoke tops in my 1199 future. Looks light and I like "light".
Hi PanigalePilot,
I believe the "collapse line mean the line where they intentionally weaken it so it will break on that area during fall down. This way it prevents more damage to the forks.