DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Oh, also a few days ago I found out Ducati release a 2022 calendar containing pictures of all the special edition bikes that they produce for the past decades, only that it is not easy to find dealer/shop who still have it... but I found one so it arrived a few days ago:
IMG_4653.JPGIMG_4656.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I forgot that before my bike was pick up to Ducati Concord, I installed the DEI Flexible Heat Shield - ONYX™ Series to the SC-Project WSBK exhaust pipe right below the Ohlins TTX-GP remote preload adjuster because Ducati Concord might need to run the engine for extended time during the UpMap upload procedures.

Here are the steps, first I replace all the bolts and nuts with ProTi Titanium:
IMG_4626.JPGIMG_4627.JPG

Then I need to cut the stainless steel clamp since they were too long look if not cut:
IMG_4628.JPG

And here are the installed pictures, it actually looks great 😍:
IMG_4639.JPGIMG_4643.JPG
IMG_4644.JPG

I also need to tightened the front axle for now eventhough I will eventually took the axle out again but good thing that I purchase the right side axle wrench to hold the axle while I tightened the left axle nut:
IMG_4646.JPG

Also the EVAP removal kit from smartmoto arrived (fast as usual), no plan on using them, but just in case someday ;):
IMG_4650.JPG

I didn't have time to do much with my bike this long weekend because I was busy fixing my 2 cars and house... well maybe tomorrow I will do something since tomorrow is the last day for company Chrismas holiday :D

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I haven't had a chance to really listen to my engine after the Akrapovic UpMap upgrade until 30 minutes ago...
So I started it and I notice, it just start very easy. Then when I give a bit of throttle, the RPM would respond without hesitation... must be the Akrapovic UpMap take into account the absence of exhaust valve, plus richer Air to Fuel A/F ratio.
Even when the engine was still cold the idle was much smoother compare to stock tune.
I also noticed it took a bit longer to warm up... the stock A/F ratio must be much leaner.
This Akrapovic UpMap might not have the ultimate horsepower compare to after market tune... but I feel the way the RPM rev is already smooth enough for me that I think I will stay with this Factory Akrapovic UpMap Tune.

Later, once warmed, I start to rev it... and woa... this is a way too loud exhaust... I can only rev it to 8,000 rpm before my ear hurts...
while with the stock exhaust I can rev it to over 11,000 rpm and did not hurt my ear 😅

I can't imagine what this exhaust sound like at 14,000 rpm red line... It sounds very angry already at 8,000 rpm...

Compare to my 998 with the current stock 998 engine and Akrapovic slip-on that I started yesterday, that 998 sounds very quiet but more melodious though and don't hurt my ear even when I rev it...

Anyway... I am extremely happy with this way too loud SC-Project WSBK exhaust with Termingnoni silencers, but I don't know when and where that I can rev it to 14,000 rpm hahaha 🤣

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I received the Goodridge 700 series ARAMID Fiber hose for the Front Brake Caliper however, Goodridge made a mistake because I need 2 of the 3 fittings for -3 AN but they made all 3 with Metric M10 fitting.
In the picture below you notice there is a small "cut" on each corner of the 6 hex, that to mark the fitting for Metric. The AN fitting differentiate by NOT having this mark at all.
The Metric M10 female fitting below will actually screw in freely to the AN3 male thread however, they are very loose that they could easily strip the male thread... I am waiting for Goodridge to solve this issue.
Note, I order through one of Goodridge US distributor, so the order was fulfilled by Goodridge USA and I am waiting for Goodridge USA respond to this issue.

IMG_4698.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I had spent majority of time on the 998, but time to spend time with the 916 🤪:

I never installed the Carbon Fiber Frame Cover from @Peter Lieb because I want to avoid it getting scratch while mounting back the gas tank, and it took a long time before I did mount the gas tank back...
However, once I mount the gas tank, I worry it might get scratch during transport to Ducati dealer for the upmap upload... so I decided to postpone again.
But now the back is back and I am comfortable enough to install the Carbon Fiber Frame Cover and that is what I did today 😀.

First, I cover the Ducati official sticker for emission and VIN with painter's tape so it will always be protected:
IMG_5034.JPGIMG_5035.JPG

After that, I install the heat shield that came with the kit from @Peter Lieb. The purpose of this heat shield is more to facilitate easy removal (if needed) without leaving a permanent mark on the frame from the adhesive.
It's PRECISELY Pre-Cut 🧐:
IMG_5039.JPG

Then, I install the similar but smaller heat shield on the back of the Carbon Fiber Frame Cover:
IMG_5036.JPG:

Also adding the "foam damper" that also came pre-cut from @Peter Lieb. Heck that Foam even have "right" and "left" marking on it, such attention to detail 🤓:
IMG_5037.JPGIMG_5038.JPG

Then, it's time to apply the adhesive...,
however, I bought this Carbon Fiber Frame Cover around 1.5 years ago... and of course the glue already dry and become a rubber 🥴:
IMG_5040.JPG

But NO WORRIES, when I bought the Carbon Fiber Lower Belly Pan Cover for the Akrapovic Full System, Peter was kind enough to give me some extra adhesive so I can use those:
IMG_5046.JPGIMG_5047.JPG

And I attached the carbon fiber frame cover to the frame:
IMG_5045.JPG

To make sure it will be fully mounted, I add a lot of painters tape, plus a good old "GIANT" clamp that I bought many years ago when I was installing my carbon fiber spoiler (also with adhesive).
I mean that GIANT clamp is surely are GIANT 🤣
IMG_5049.JPGIMG_5051.JPG

Oh, notice I also install the @Ilmberger Carbonparts Carbon Fiber Side Fairing Duct to help hold the Carbon Fiber Frame Cover, then I decided to clean them with Honda Cleaner to remove any finger print (since they are glossy carbon to make it look like the original gloss painted panel for my 916 model):
IMG_5056.JPGIMG_5057.JPG

IMG_5058.JPGIMG_5059.JPG

I must say that I am glad I choose the Glossy Carbon for this Side Fairing Duct from @Ilmberger Carbonparts. It does make the bike more "alive".
The glossy finish from is also much better compare to the glossy finish of my 998 carbon fiber parts. I guess the 1990 carbon fiber was ... well old technology compare to the current composite technology 🤓

Yeah... I think my baby become prettier today 😘

Can't wait until the adhesive is dry by tomorrow so I can remove that painters tape and that GIANT orange clamp 😉

Ok.. next...
I found another Carbon Fiber part that I bought from @Peter Lieb many months ago...
The 1 piece Carbon Fiber seat back cover... I already have the "cover" version, but I decided to also buy the full 1 piece carbon because it have special indentation to install the Ducati Metal Emblem:
First I install the 3D printed "adapter" that will conform to the concave back side of the Ducati Emblem:
IMG_5028.JPGIMG_5029.JPG

IMG_5030.JPG

Then install the Ducati emblem itself:
IMG_5031.JPG

And PERFECTO 😎:
IMG_5032.JPG

That is it for today... will continue tomorrow to further apply DUCATImodified treatment to the Carbon Fiber Frame Cover,... yes that Carbon Fiber Frame Cover from @Peter Lieb will be further MODIFIED ;)

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Last night I noticed that the Oil Line to the oil cooler was routed very very close to the front exhaust manifold. It must be because the SC-Project WSBK exhaust manifold have different bend than the stock exhaust manifold,
so I will need to move it a bit. I think I will do it next week...
IMG_5020.JPGIMG_5022.JPG

Also,
Motocorse Front Caliper Bracket to the Ohlins EC Forks arrived yesterday,...
I bought this because I plan to use the Panigale V4S Ohlins EC Forks for my 998 project. I will of course replace the cartridge with the FKR108 before I use it on the 998 ;)
Because no way to control the electronic damping on the 998, plus the FKR108 Cartridge have higher track performance due to it's spring pressurized, and "ahem" the top of the forks cap of the FKR108 looks cool and thats is what matter in my "application" 🤪
Here the picture to show how it will look like approximately (more picture will be posted on my 998 BUILD thread soon).
Also why "RED Anodized", well, I think it will "enhance" the contrast with the GP4-MS Nickel Plated Caliper that I just ordered for the 998 :love:
IMG_5069.JPGIMG_5072.JPG

IMG_5070.JPGIMG_5071.JPG

Oh, I almost forgot...
the AELLA Chromoly front axle for Ducati 999 also arrived... wait what... why 999?
Well because the Ohlins FGR line of forks always have their lower axle holes suited for the smaller axle like the 999 axle and since I will replace the Panigale V4S EC Ohlins forks with the FGR400...
so.... I decided to preemptively bought this AELLA Chromoly front axle so I will be ready to test fit right away when the Ohlins FGR400 arrived :geek:
Also, why Chromoly instead of Titanium?... well for such a thin walled tube, I rather have the durability/toughness of good old steel/chrome (chromoly) then the lightweight of Titanium, but that is just me 🧐😁
IMG_5073.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Did a few more things this weekend,
Use the remaining adhesives to lock and secure the mounting tab of the Peter Lieb's lower carbon fiber belly pan to the Ducati lower belly pan fairings (I am talking of the mounting tabs between the bolts/nuts in the pictures below:
IMG_5052.JPGIMG_5054.JPG

Then I test fit this Ducabike ABS/Speed Sensor protector at the front Ohlins mounting location:
IMG_5086.JPGIMG_5114.JPG
IMG_5115.JPG

Looks great, so I measure the correct length needed for the ProTi bolts for it since the bolts that came with Ducabike kit was just standard stainless steel...
then I decided to test mount with the front mudguard to make sure they fit.. which they did, and kinda hide it but still have that "peek a boo" interesting looks 😉:
IMG_5116.JPGIMG_5117.JPG
IMG_5119.JPG

Which inspire me to purchase another one in RED Anodized for the Rear ABS/Speed sensor which will be a great match for my red anodized painted billet superleggera rear caliper bracket:
IMG_5120.JPG

Next, I install some ProTi bolts and Titanium Washer for the Ohlins steering damper to clip-on handlebar.
Left picture is BEFORE (well it already have ProTi bolt but with steel washer) and AFTER (right picture), now with ProTi Titanium Washer plus different shape ProTi bolt:
IMG_5121.JPGIMG_5122.JPG

Last, I am adding the Ducati Performance decal on the Peter Lieb's Carbon Fiber frame cover.
First, I cut the sticker to make it easier for me to align properly:
IMG_5107.JPG

Peel of the backing paper carefully (need to be careful since those lettering are very fragile and easily stuck to the backing paper):
IMG_5108.JPG

Then I apply it on the top surface of the Peter Lieb carbon fiber frame cover for a more subtle location:
IMG_5109.JPGIMG_5110.JPG

Then, carefully peel off the top transparent tape so the lettering stay on the Carbon fiber... and voila, PERFECTO 🤩:
IMG_5112.JPGIMG_5113.JPG

That is it for this weekend... 😃

Apuca

Use the remaining adhesives to lock and secure the mounting tab of the Peter Lieb's lower carbon fiber belly pan to the Ducati lower belly pan fairings (I am talking of the mounting tabs between the bolts/nuts in the pictures below:
View attachment 7148View attachment 7149

Then I test fit this Ducabike ABS/Speed Sensor protector at the front Ohlins mounting location:
View attachment 7150View attachment 7151
View attachment 7152

Looks great, so I measure the correct length needed for the ProTi bolts for it since the bolts that came with Ducabike kit was just standard stainless steel...
then I decided to test mount with the front mudguard to make sure they fit.. which they did, and kinda hide it but still have that "peek a boo" interesting looks 😉:
View attachment 7153View attachment 7154
View attachment 7155

Which inspire me to purchase another one in RED Anodized for the Rear ABS/Speed sensor which will be a great match for my red anodized painted billet superleggera rear caliper bracket:
View attachment 7156

Next, I install some ProTi bolts and Titanium Washer for the Ohlins steering damper to clip-on handlebar.
Left picture is BEFORE (well it already have ProTi bolt but with steel washer) and AFTER (right picture), now with ProTi Titanium Washer plus different shape ProTi bolt:
View attachment 7157View attachment 7158

Last, I am adding the Ducati Performance decal on the Peter Lieb's Carbon Fiber frame cover.
View attachment 7159

Peel of the backing paper carefully (need to be careful since those lettering are very fragile and easily stuck to the backing paper):
View attachment 7160

Then I apply it on the top surface of the Peter Lieb carbon fiber frame cover for a more subtle location:
View attachment 7161View attachment 7162

Then, carefully peel off the top transparent tape so the lettering stay on the Carbon fiber... and voila, PERFECTO 🤩:
View attachment 7163View attachment 7164

Howard, nice touch with the Ducati performance sticker. Where did you get that?

Max

View attachment 7148View attachment 7149

View attachment 7150View attachment 7151
View attachment 7152

View attachment 7153View attachment 7154
View attachment 7155

View attachment 7156

View attachment 7157View attachment 7158

View attachment 7159

View attachment 7160

View attachment 7161View attachment 7162

View attachment 7163View attachment 7164

Howard did you change your clip ons? i did and my steering dampener is all misaligned now. The one that came with the cnc racing clip ons looks like junk and I do not know if the ducabike will be much better and when I saw you lock yours I was wondering if I could do the same. Is yours the manual or the electronic? I have a 2021 panigale v4 s. Thank you for your help buddy

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Howard, nice touch with the Ducati performance sticker. Where did you get that?
Hello Apuca,
I purchase the Ducati Performance sticker from Ducati Performance stickers' kit 4 pieces

Howard did you change your clip ons? i did and my steering dampener is all misaligned now. The one that came with the cnc racing clip ons looks like junk and I do not know if the ducabike will be much better and when I saw you lock yours I was wondering if I could do the same. Is yours the manual or the electronic? I have a 2021 panigale v4 s. Thank you for your help buddy
Hello Max,
I did not change my clip on handle bar (yet). This is still the original Ducati handlebar.
Mine is the Electronic Steering Damper from my Ducati Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 is mechanically and electronically a V4S.
I think many people successfully used the clip on handle bar from ImA and that is what I plan to use for the upcoming Ohlins FGR400 since the Ohlins FGR400 forks diameter is 54.5mm (our current EC Ohlins forks is only 53mm).
Here is the link to the ImA handlebar: MOD.5 P (Panigale Adjustable Clip ons) - Ima Special Parts

Alternatively, you can also purchase from AELLA (Bellissimoto is their distributor in the USA): セパレートハンドル(Panigale V4) | AELLA オンラインショップ

Max

Hello Apuca,
I purchase the Ducati Performance sticker from Ducati Performance stickers' kit 4 pieces

Hello Max,
I did not change my clip on handle bar (yet). This is still the original Ducati handlebar.
Mine is the Electronic Steering Damper from my Ducati Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 is mechanically and electronically a V4S.
I think many people successfully used the clip on handle bar from ImA and that is what I plan to use for the upcoming Ohlins FGR400 since the Ohlins FGR400 forks diameter is 54.5mm (our current EC Ohlins forks is only 53mm).
Here is the link to the ImA handlebar: MOD.5 P (Panigale Adjustable Clip ons) - Ima Special Parts

Alternatively, you can also purchase from AELLA (Bellissimoto is their distributor in the USA): セパレートハンドル(Panigale V4) | AELLA オンラインショップ
Thank you Howard I really appreciate the response like always. True gentleman. Sorry I should have asked on my last post but how was your experience with vulture bike? I’m going back and forth with them and flamingo for a brushed aluminum tank cover and would love an honest opinion and if it was straight forward like Peter lieb.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Your attention to detail is fantastic. Subtle things that stand out and look great
Thank you so much for your kind words BrooklynV4, I really appreciate it 😃

Thank you Howard I really appreciate the response like always. True gentleman. Sorry I should have asked on my last post but how was your experience with vulture bike? I’m going back and forth with them and flamingo for a brushed aluminum tank cover and would love an honest opinion and if it was straight forward like Peter lieb.
Hi Max,
I was checking my bookmark and that is how I found out Vuturebike made this sticker... however since you asked my buying experience, I checked my emails with all the receipt and just could not find Vuturebike transaction.
So after more click and search, turn out, I bought this sticker from CarbonWorld.DE in Germany (link below) along with a few other items. CarbonWorld source this sticker from VutureBike (as described on their webpage).
So to answer your question, I did not have direct experience with VutureBike but it was a good experience with CarbonWorld.DE. Having said that, I am sure VutureBike is also a good company to deal with because CarbonWorld.DE willing to represent VutureBike.
Please review the link below:
sticker "Ducati logo performance" for Ducati | Carbonteile und Carbon Zubehör für Ducati Aprillia Suzuki KTM und MV Agusta Sp

Max

Thank you so much for your kind words BrooklynV4, I really appreciate it 😃

Hi Max,
I was checking my bookmark and that is how I found out Vuturebike made this sticker... however since you asked my buying experience, I checked my emails with all the receipt and just could not find Vuturebike transaction.
So after more click and search, turn out, I bought this sticker from CarbonWorld.DE in Germany (link below) along with a few other items. CarbonWorld source this sticker from VutureBike (as described on their webpage).
So to answer your question, I did not have direct experience with VutureBike but it was a good experience with CarbonWorld.DE. Having said that, I am sure VutureBike is also a good company to deal with because CarbonWorld.DE willing to represent VutureBike.
Please review the link below:
sticker "Ducati logo performance" for Ducati | Carbonteile und Carbon Zubehör für Ducati Aprillia Suzuki KTM und MV Agusta Sp
That’s a better answer than I was expecting as it means I have another source to buy stuff from! Thank you Howard!

Jrkk

Hi Howard.
I'm trying to find that smaller abs pump plastic cover/bracket.
In your post, you refer to superleggera bracket, but it seems that it's still bigger than Akrapovic version.
Did you cut your bracket or what.

This is screen shot from superleggera parts diag. Number is 8291H921A. And by the way, it's same as streetfighter v4.
Akra version doesn't have place for exhaust valve motor. Akra doesn't provide part numbers.

Screenshot_20220123-005736_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Hi Howard.
I'm trying to find that smaller abs pump plastic cover/bracket.
In your post, you refer to superleggera bracket, but it seems that it's still bigger than Akrapovic version.
Did you cut your bracket or what.

This is screen shot from superleggera parts diag. Number is 8291H921A. And by the way, it's same as streetfighter v4.
Akra version doesn't have place for exhaust valve motor. Akra doesn't provide part numbers.

View attachment 7299
Hello Jrkk,
I did not cut or modify anything, it is exactly the Superleggera V4 part.
I am not familiar with the Akrapovic version though...

Jrkk

Ok thanks.
I just remembered that your bracket was smaller than superleggera part.
In HKMP thread, there is this small Akra bracket. This is Hk's bike.
51794678812_226c15f193_c.jpg
And screen shot from Akra manual.

Screenshot_20220123-012806_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Hello Jrkk,
I did not cut or modify anything, it is exactly the Superleggera V4 part.
I am not familiar with the Akrapovic version though...
OH, now I understand your point, the part diagram that you show was for the STOCK Superleggera V4 bracket which is basically the same as our regular bracket.
The Special Superleggera V4 Bracket that is short and should be the same as the Akrapovic Bracket is located at the page near the end in the Superleggera V4 parts,
and below is the diagram and the part#

1642914861725.png

1642914901350.png