DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

POMPLARDPANAM

I have Seen on the Panigale v4R of Kyle WYMAN over heat issue during a race... So shit happend it is on YouTube undeterred

MaverickiB

The Wyman bike was a Frankenbike, a mishmash of Corse parts and normal aftermarket. He had to pull a lot of tricks out of his hat just to get that thing functional and struggled with making it rideable during both seasons. Hence the numerous problems.

Ducati just isn't a brand you can race on without dropping tons of $$$ on Corse parts. HSBK uses a full-blown V4RS from the factory, which I'd guess is leased for somewhere north of 800k USD, if not over a million. The 2014 Graves factory R1 SBK I rode was the B bike for the Foremost Racing team that year and was leased for around 600k then.

POMPLARDPANAM

The Wyman bike was a Frankenbike, a mishmash of Corse parts and normal aftermarket. He had to pull a lot of tricks out of his hat just to get that thing functional and struggled with making it rideable during both seasons. Hence the numerous problems.

Ducati just isn't a brand you can race on without dropping tons of $$$ on Corse parts. HSBK uses a full-blown V4RS from the factory, which I'd guess is leased for somewhere north of 800k USD, if not over a million. The 2014 Graves factory R1 SBK I rode was the B bike for the Foremost Racing team that year and was leased for around 600k then.
It make sense N i Hope to have less heat...

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Ducati just isn't a brand you can race on without dropping tons of $$$ on Corse parts. HSBK uses a full-blown V4RS from the factory, which I'd guess is leased for somewhere north of 800k USD, if not over a million.
That’s insane, what sort of budget are these motoamerica teams working with? I assume the lease includes full factory coverage of replacement parts and engineer/s + mechanic/s or would all that be extra? 😮

MaverickiB

That’s insane, what sort of budget are these motoamerica teams working with? I assume the lease includes full factory coverage of replacement parts and engineer/s + mechanic/s or would all that be extra? 😮
That's all extra. Leased factory bikes come with a few spares (not really spares, moreso parts shaped differently and whatnot for ergonomic and geometry changes) and the electronics required to interface with the bike.

That's about it. Mechanics and all that jazz are all hired and/or paid for by the team. HSBK/Warhorse is a huge Ducati dealership with a ton of sponsors. It is extremely, extremely expensive to race in higher levels like MotoAmerica and beyond. I know a guy who made it to 3-4 races last season and raced in Superstock, the endeavor cost him north of 70 grand. I'm currently sponsoring a local racer looking to make the full tour next year and it feels like standing at the summit of Everest trying to figure out how we're gonna make that happen.

Honestly, it's kind wild Kyle Wyman picked a Ducati to race on as a privateer. Ducati are the most expensive to race, and Ducati doesn't compensate any riders. For example, if you race on a Kawasaki at a high enough level and they know about it, Kawa will actually shoot you a couple bucks when you podium. Almost all of the big manufacturers do that. I believe Ducati and maybe BMW are the only ones who don't. If Wyman made podium on that V4R then all Ducati would have given him would be a pat on the back and a "thanks for the free advertising my dude."

craig bush

That's all extra. Leased factory bikes come with a few spares (not really spares, moreso parts shaped differently and whatnot for ergonomic and geometry changes) and the electronics required to interface with the bike.

That's about it. Mechanics and all that jazz are all hired and/or paid for by the team. HSBK/Warhorse is a huge Ducati dealership with a ton of sponsors. It is extremely, extremely expensive to race in higher levels like MotoAmerica and beyond. I know a guy who made it to 3-4 races last season and raced in Superstock, the endeavor cost him north of 70 grand. I'm currently sponsoring a local racer looking to make the full tour next year and it feels like standing at the summit of Everest trying to figure out how we're gonna make that happen.

Honestly, it's kind wild Kyle Wyman picked a Ducati to race on as a privateer. Ducati are the most expensive to race, and Ducati doesn't compensate any riders. For example, if you race on a Kawasaki at a high enough level and they know about it, Kawa will actually shoot you a couple bucks when you podium. Almost all of the big manufacturers do that. I believe Ducati and maybe BMW are the only ones who don't. If Wyman made podium on that V4R then all Ducati would have given him would be a pat on the back and a "thanks for the free advertising my dude."
24611630-B446-483D-A1D9-40CEC65667A6.jpeg

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a motorcycle from the East Coast and currently researching for good motorcycle transport company to ship it to California.
If anyone here have good experience/recommendation with a motorcycle shipping company, please kindly let me know.

Thank you in advance.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I have a contact Howard. I reached out to ask if it’s a job he’s interested in.

Can’t wait to see what you bought! :)
Thanks so much Craig, yes, please kindly let me know if he is available to do it.
I bought a diamond in a rough bike... actually not that rough but still need some DUCATImodified treament :LOL:
Thanks again from Howard

Keith97

these are so pretty..... those holes on the piston really works....no fade at all....just curious....what grease did you rub on those pistons when you install them back into the caliper?
Its more the material the pistons are made of, Ti or stainless are much better than aluminum. Brembo includes silicone grease with the seals, just put a very small amount on pistons. I put ventilated Ti pistons in my gp4-ms calipers and do not run the dust seals.

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Its more the material the pistons are made of, Ti or stainless are much better than aluminum. Brembo includes silicone grease with the seals, just put a very small amount on pistons. I put ventilated Ti pistons in my gp4-ms calipers and do not run the dust seals.
yeah…my cheap ass SS braketech kit didn’t come with the grease package…. :-(

but still very satisfying to feel the piston when I enter in the corner

thanks @Keith97

BMW Alpina

Staff member
these are so pretty..... those holes on the piston really works....no fade at all....just curious....what grease did you rub on those pistons when you install them back into the caliper?
Hi Tsaico,
Those Titanium Pistons comes as standard on the GP4-RR. That was one of the reason I bought the GP4-RR.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Hi Tsaico,
Those Titanium Pistons comes as standard on the GP4-RR. That was one of the reason I bought the GP4-RR.
By the way Tsaico,
Maybe you already know but in case you did not, this GP4-RR is a 108mm mounting bolt spacing caliper so it will not bolt on to our stock Electronic Ohlins Forks,
However soon Motocorse has a solution, and I copy and paste my post on the other thread here for your reference:

Big news from Motocorse !!!
This really open the choices of brake calipers if you prefer to keep your Electronically Controlled Ohlins Forks but want to upgrade to a 108mm bolt spacing calipers... like that GP4-RR or GP4-PR or heck GP4-WSBK for example ;)

1633139248287.png

craig bush

Thanks so much Craig, yes, please kindly let me know if he is available to do it.
I bought a diamond in a rough bike... actually not that rough but still need some DUCATImodified treament :LOL:
Thanks again from Howard
Howard, I spoke with my contact and unfortunately, he’s not able to transport your bike. He has switched from a closed trailer to a long, open “car only” trailer, and is no longer transporting bikes. My apologies. :(

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Howard, I spoke with my contact and unfortunately, he’s not able to transport your bike. He has switched from a closed trailer to a long, open “car only” trailer, and is no longer transporting bikes. My apologies. :(
Hi Craig,
No worries, and thanks for your effort to help me, I really appreciate it. I finally found a right transporter just yesterday, but the problem I am still trying to solve is to get the seller to accept my payment 😅
Update: Me and the seller came to a very good agreement and I am finally able to pay the bike.