DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
The Ohlins quality is second to none. Love the threaded holes for a potentiometer. Congrats
Thanks HKMP7 😀

I can sense a titanium spring from the SL coming soon 👀
Thanks Andy 😀, however, those Titanium springs are too expensive and I don't know if they are available for 90Nm rate (stock is 95Nm).
I actually just place an order at Ducati Omaha for the 90Nm springs (softer) and hopefully it arrive soon.
From what I learn and from what I feel when I sat on the bike, the current 95Nm springs that came with both the stock and this TTX-GP suspension were too hard. The bike don't even move down when I sat on it.

I purchased a 80Nm springs a few months ago, but now I think it is too soft because I also lower my bike with the AELLA lowering link so I feel 90Nm will be a good spring rate.

For comparison the 2020 Panigale V4S came standard with an even softer 85Nm spring rate but I decided to go with 90Nm because my bike still have the same geometry as the 2019 V4S (even though my bike is 2020, an odd ball configuration for the 916 Anniverario),
plus again because I lowered my bike with the AELLA lowering link so don't want the bike to squat too much with 85Nm springs. Also, the 2020 model compensate for this softer 85Nm springs with more preload and longer shocks.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
I wish they had one available. I did one on my ZX10R race bike that had a Ohlins shock and it saved 1.5lbs and it was $750.
Wow, that is a very good weight savings, made me go back to check the Superleggera V4 catalog just out of curiosity, and you are right, they only sell it together with the rear absorber. However, I am pretty sure the spring have higher spring rate because the Superleggera V4 swing arm is longer than ours...
Somehow, I thought they sell the Titanium springs separately.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Wow, that is a very good weight savings, made me go back to check the Superleggera V4 catalog just out of curiosity, and you are right, they only sell it together with the rear absorber. However, I am pretty sure the spring have higher spring rate because the Superleggera V4 swing arm is longer than ours...
Somehow, I thought they sell the Titanium springs separately.
You can get them separate.
When I changed mine I didn't notice the difference in spring behavior. Its said TI springs have stiffer characteristics vs a equivalent steel spring.

Last edited: