Torro Project

I will post building process)
We know how too lose weight
We try too make 155-160 kg of weight.
Also we buy NOS.
But we not install it.
We want too brake 9 second limit in naturally aspirated engine.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hello MerlinDesmoSolution,

First, I love that red horns on the bike and thank you for starting this very special build thread 😃
Second, may I know why you choose the 1299s instead of the Panigale V4 for this drag racing purposes?
Third, those are very nice machined titanium flange for the exhaust, and can't wait to see and learn the titanium exhaust building process from you 👍

Hello MerlinDesmoSolution,

First, I love that red horns on the bike and thank you for starting this very special build thread 😃
Second, may I know why you choose the 1299s instead of the Panigale V4 for this drag racing purposes?
Third, those are very nice machined titanium flange for the exhaust, and can't wait to see and learn the titanium exhaust building process from you 👍
Hi too all again)
Why we chose 1299 instead V4 is good question)
We chose it because of very good engine construction.
Superquatro engine has a Cylinder Sleeve and its very good for making different crazy projects - as NOS,Turbo (will be later).
Very easy to repair the engine even on a race track)
V4 didnt have sleeves,and if you have problems with cylinders you have non maintainable engine.
We waiting now broken engine V4S,we want to try to put there sleeves,and check will be it work or not.

One more update))
Flange on first photo was heavy and we make some operations)
Grinding the thickness from 8mm to 5mm.
Now less weight)
1.jpg
2.jpg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Wow, that is a very nice exhaust MerlinDesmoSolution.
May I know how / why you decided to use this pipe design (bend/curve and diameter)?
What are the determining factors to make exhaust that is suitable for drag racing purposes?
Do you also accept a custom exhaust build request from regular customers (example if any of our forum members want to build a custom exhaust for their street/track bike)?

Who did those welds, they’re so tidy.
You’ll certainly hear that thing coming a long time before you see it 😂
Good evenign)
Quality of welding is not very good because of some technical problems)
but we try to fix it)
The sound is very loud,but its okey for racing,we never will use this bike on regural roads.
But this exhaust give us good result.
We make new record for Ukraine for V2 engine,now its 9.268.
In race we pass the BMW with NOS.

Wow, that is a very nice exhaust MerlinDesmoSolution.
May I know how / why you decided to use this pipe design (bend/curve and diameter)?
What are the determining factors to make exhaust that is suitable for drag racing purposes?
Do you also accept a custom exhaust build request from regular customers (example if any of our forum members want to build a custom exhaust for their street/track bike)?
Before we start to make this exhaust, we make a lot of analysis in Flow Simulation with a lot of parameters (speed of exhaust gas, different temperature of gas, different diameters, different configuration)
For Drag race no difference which exhaust you use.
We make new one because Termignoni D155 had a limit for power,and also weight.
For now bike is 165 kg weight.
Time 1/4 mile - 9.268 sec
100-200 - 3.3 sec
And also we take 2nd place in race
With new exhaust is more better purge of cylinders so we can make more power on 102 octane\

We already order OZ wheels)
So we will be more light weight)

Attachments

Last edited:

BMW Alpina

Staff member
In normal circumstances, our forum is not a place to discuss anything that can be polarizing. However, I want to make one exception for this time.

Also, I cannot speak on behalf of everyone, but this is just my personal opinion. What is currently happening in Ukraine is a TRAGEDY.
It should not happen this way, and hopefully, peace will be back in Ukraine.

I also hope our forum member (and his family) @MerlinDesmoSolution is safe in Ukraine (or anywhere you and your family are currently taking refuge or taking arms and fight for Ukraine as a patriot).
@MerlinDesmoSolutionbike is the DUCATImodified forum. May 2022 Bike of The Month: May 2022 Bike of The Month

1651426758167.png