Steel Trellis Frame for Panigale V4 from Tamburini Factory

craig bush

Any update on your Trellis frame Craig?
Yes, my apologies to everyone for not proactively updating the thread.

Sadly, the frame we received was in even poorer condition than pictured. Many welds were uneven or not extending the entire circumference of a joint, the head tube was clocked unevenly and at a slight angle, the finish was poor (rattle can quality), and several tubes were dented (possible shipping damage).

Brad (@MOTION SBK) consulted more than one fabricator to evaluate the frame to ensure that we weren’t too negatively evaluating it based on aesthetics alone - each said they would neither trust the frame for actual use, nor would they attempt repair (as repair would essentially require remaking the entire frame).

We informed Tamburini Factory of the issues and included detailed high-res images for validation. They were initially mildly offended and sarcastic (essentially suggesting we weren’t experienced enough to appreciate their work and reiterating how long they’ve been in business), but eventually offered to accept the frame in return for a refund. They were not willing to substitute another frame.

Then, they went radio silent. We submitted a complaint through PayPal, and after Tamburini refused to respond, PayPal issued a refund. A shame really - we were quite excited to try the trellis frame.

C’est la vie.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member

topolino

Man what a clusterf**k of welding. I think I could do a better job blindfolded. That is agricultural levels of workmanship. The only hope is Pierobon coming out with a version that you know will be accurate, finished to a very high standard and doesn't look like it will snap in half. Utterly appalling product. No surprises they ain't selling any.