Steel Trellis Frame for Panigale V4 from Tamburini Factory

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member

MaverickiB

If I recall correctly, not many people use their stuff because it isn't constructed of a particularly high quality. Only people normally interested in that kind of stuff are racers, and their products don't hold up well to the abuse racers put on them. Shoddy welds, if I'm remembering right.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
If I recall correctly, not many people use their stuff because it isn't constructed of a particularly high quality. Only people normally interested in that kind of stuff are racers, and their products don't hold up well to the abuse racers put on them. Shoddy welds, if I'm remembering right.
Wow, That is too bad,... I wonder why they can't put a better quality product, basically it is just welding steel tubes....

Araitim

MASTER Builder & Moderator
Staff member
I LOVE that trellis frame. I seen someone else making one a couple months back out of titanium (if I remember correctly). If I find it I'll share it here. . I'm not a fan of the conventional swingarm.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I LOVE that trellis frame. I seen someone else making one a couple months back out of titanium (if I remember correctly). If I find it I'll share it here. . I'm not a fan of the conventional swingarm.
Yes, I totally agree, I just can't imagine buying a street Ducati superbike without a single sided swing arm 🤣

Bruce Wayne

Steel Trellis Frame for Panigale V4 from Tamburini Factory:

I was taking my lunch break when I found out about Tamburini Factory offering Steel Trellis Frame for Panigale V4:
DUCATI PANIGALE V4- TELAIO ” TRALICCIO “

View attachment 3154View attachment 3155

View attachment 3156View attachment 3157View attachment 3158View attachment 3159

I wish they provided a picture of how this frame looks on the bike with all the fairings installed...

And they also have dual sided swing arm: DUCATI PANIGALE V4 FORCELLONE ALLUMINIO ( GP) COMPLETO DI LINK

View attachment 3160View attachment 3161View attachment 3162View attachment 3163View attachment 3164
That swingarm looks like its from a different bike and they have adapted it? The shock looks offset and theres another recess for a shock. Quality looks poor too. But i do like the dual side swingarm from a race perspective.

MaverickiB

That swingarm looks like its from a different bike and they have adapted it? The shock looks offset and theres another recess for a shock. Quality looks poor too. But i do like the dual side swingarm from a race perspective.
I figured it out. It is their 899/959 swingarm flipped upside down and modified for the V4. Welds look even worse than in the pictures on their normal site.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Update. Tamburini frame in-bound. We’ll see how bad those welds look in UHD. :p
WOW !!!
You are brave and can't wait to see the frame !!!
If it is bad, I am sure you can still use it as a template to have someone here build a copy but with better quality material (Titanium maybe) and welding !!!
I mean, it not that complicated just welding pipe... the hardest thing is to make the fixture to get accurate mounting bolt position.

Some good fabricator like for example: StradaFab - Exotic Performance Fabrication – Titanium Ducati SportClassic Frames

craig bush

This is exciting. Congrats I cant wait to see how this comes out. A nice scuff and coat of Ducati Red would look insane.
They offer to finish it in your choice of color. We opted for silver to match the tank and swingarm which are both being media blasted and then cleared for that brushed metal finish. If it doesn’t look good, we’ll refinish.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
They offer to finish it in your choice of color. We opted for silver to match the tank and swingarm which are both being media blasted and then cleared for that brushed metal finish. If it doesn’t look good, we’ll refinish.
First of all, looks like No Expense and No Effort being spared here, the focus is only the best result possible (y)

Second, I have a confession that I might steal your idea for the color combination for my 998 project, like what Picasso used to say, Good Artist Copy, Great Artist Steal (and I am pretending to be great artist) hahaha 🥴🤪