Panigale Vision

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Hi Andy, are you in Italy now? 🤩 🥳 (y)
Gday Howard, yep planned the trip a few months ago and happened to be (fairly) close by to Misano circuit the day they were having the race. Was a cool experience and met/saw a lot of familiar faces. Chatted with Troy & Oli Bayliss, saw most of the other riders fairly close up and all the top dogs (Gigi, Davide, Paolo) & Claudio from a distance.
Funnily as I was walking out before all the crowds left there was a group just in front of me. One of them said bless you as I sneezed and it was Jaret Campisi who does the bike giveaways on YouTube so had a little yarn with him as we walked in the same direction for 5 mins.
Was interesting seeing the V4 get properly thrashed in a race setting and the wheelies/stoppies/burnouts at the end were class.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Gday Howard, yep planned the trip a few months ago and happened to be (fairly) close by to Misano circuit the day they were having the race. Was a cool experience and met/saw a lot of familiar faces. Chatted with Troy & Oli Bayliss, saw most of the other riders fairly close up and all the top dogs (Gigi, Davide, Paolo) & Claudio from a distance.
Funnily as I was walking out before all the crowds left there was a group just in front of me. One of them said bless you as I sneezed and it was Jaret Campisi who does the bike giveaways on YouTube so had a little yarn with him as we walked in the same direction for 5 mins.
Was interesting seeing the V4 get properly thrashed in a race setting and the wheelies/stoppies/burnouts at the end were class.
Wow, the name World Ducati Week really FITS well... it really a gathering of the who's who in the Ducati world... Troy is another hero of mine (y)
Maybe someday, you and I (or other DucatiMODIFIED members) can meet at another WDW :D

Andy7

Staff member
@BMW Alpina I finally got the chance to thank him in person for the exhaust he sold me haha. I'd definitely love to come back again and do it properly - get better access passes to wander the pit lane and view of the circuit during the race. It's a shame the event wasn't at Mugello as it took me over 3 hours from Florence to get to Misano, exhausted by the time i made it back :sleep:

PanigalePilot

Staff member
what a great post and grand experience

topolino

Wow, the name World Ducati Week really FITS well... it really a gathering of the who's who in the Ducati world... Troy is another hero of mine (y)
Maybe someday, you and I (or other DucatiMODIFIED members) can meet at another WDW :D
I've been 4 times in total. In 2000 (the first one), 2002, 2016 & 2018. Was hoping to go this year but I lost both my parents to cancer so I am really hoping to make it to WDW2024. The Friday night "Parata" is a blast if you havent done it. Also went to an Egyptian themed beach party where the host was Frankie Chili and his wife. You can pretty much see all there is in terms of the staic displays in a day but because it is so hot, we elected to dip in and out of the event and take trips back to the hotel for a swim and come back in the late afternoon when it's cooler. Lots of track action to watch and of course the Race of Champions which first ran in 2018. If you get the chance it is also worth going on one of the organised "Curve E Tornati" ride outs into the mountains for lunch, where it is not so hot and the food and scenery is fantastic.

This was back in 2002 and a stop for lunch. I has a 998S Monoposto then.

Image 004.jpg

Image 002.jpg

Image 008.jpg

This was our uber cool guide. I forget his name now but I do remember he had a pretty trick Monster and rode with an open-faced helmet with a permanent cigarette in his mouth.

Image 010.jpg

Andy7

Staff member
Back on track a couple days ago after 3 months off, this time I decided to try out the Metzeler TD slicks. Promising start to the day after using the first session as a warm up of 5-6 laps then going almost 5 seconds faster than my previous best in the second outing. Was still feeling like I wasn't pushing too hard either which was comforting, besides flirting with the apex a little too much on T2 once.
F81CAEFF-E674-4AD7-BF94-314964A6D354.jpeg
Third session just working on consistency with my braking points & lines and navigating plenty of traffic - there was quite a spread of pace in the group so had to be very careful coming into a few corners esp turn 1 where there was nearly 40kph difference in rider speeds sometimes 😬
Organisers got me to go up a group so I wouldn't have to worry about that, which got me thinking now I'd be holding everyone up lol. weather was perfect, temperature and grip were great as there had been racing on over the weekend already so decided to push a little more and see if i could follow someone to shave off a little more time. Alas, second lap out there was too ambitious with my lean coming through the final turn, lost the front and went for a slide so the day was over. The most annoying part (beside red flagging the session to clean up) was the airbag deploying. Although i can't be too disappointed as it was literally doing its job. But the downtime and cost of sending that away for repairs is gonna be tedious. Bike is fine, crash protection did its job perfectly. Axle slider, bent handlebar and shaved off toe lever were the only casualties so probably the cheapest Pani crash in history I'm guessing. About $75aud to replace the consumed bits and a few extras ordered too. One I'm particularly excited for as my gear change problems were giving me a lot of grief missing a lot of up and down shifts throughout the day.
Tyre verdict: I'll stick with the metzelers as it was rider error that caused the crash, however I do think I might not have lost it if there was a Pirelli on the front with a little bit more edge grip - Somewhere in that gap there is also a bit of suspension fiddling to be done. I'd already added a couple clicks of compression in the front to compensate for some heavy braking so perhaps there was a slight discrepancy in me adjusting to that setting change.

No track days for at least 6 weeks now as Ill be heading down to Phillip Island in 3 weeks time but already itching to get back out again.
449769A5-E21C-4E4B-B75A-C99B9C0F6E19.jpeg FEF5CEF6-C333-4F50-A5E1-E572EAE88295.jpeg
C74327C6-1059-41E8-83C5-C30304DC39B8.jpeg

Andy7

Staff member
Hahaha @craig bush more like so slow I can crash it without damage 😂 I lay in bed that night thinking of all the ways Marquez would have saved it!
Yeah! First time going down so I can’t wait - I would like to hang around for a few track days there but I can only take one bike with me so the husqvarna is coming along as I’ll be riding some enduro with my cousin for a few days afterwards.
Once I knock a few more seconds off my time in Sydney I’ll treat myself next year hopefully 🤞🏻

Andy7

Staff member
Got to work Andy-proofing the 1299 a bit more this week as a few orders rolled in. Just waiting on the new handlebar, annoyingly IMA are a special order here so probably a couple more weeks away til I have those but in the meantime everything else is sorted which is nice.
most impressed with the axle sliders and the new Chinese knockoffs even came with the correct branding which was a bonus 😅
0B486803-1A3D-4D2D-82E0-C9450C45675C.jpeg
The poor Bayliss exhaust has copped it twice on the left canister now leaving a few cosmetic defects but these pads will save any further booboos unless I ball it up lol. Certainly not pretty but functional.
B0DB1F99-CC67-4DF9-9D16-910064F1CD22.jpeg 02FDEB35-87F2-4E4A-9AD7-78CD4167214D.jpeg
Finally and the thing I’m most keen to test out is the racetorx gear shaft spline support. Hopefully this, along with a serious adjustment to remove all slack from the gear lever will resolve my shifting issues. Mostly having problems not changing from 3rd to 4th off T12 coming onto the main straight and refusing to come from 6/5 down to 4 heading into the first corner nice and fast.
One of these days I’ll try another aftermarket quickshifter but still sour about the HM unit failing on me.
96DAAE5C-2139-40BF-8B0E-B04CF7A9F5D7.jpeg EF48C825-0C11-4AFE-988B-7D123293AC2C.jpeg

All eyes on Phillip Island now, was a scramble yesterday finding out my accomodation had fallen through but managed to book a beach house all to myself not far from the circuit so should be a pretty sweet weekend. Hopefully Jack continues his fine form 😁

Andy7

Staff member
Got the fairings back on this afternoon finally, paint job is now consistent over the whole bike, some kind of winter test theme going on. Let’s hope it’ll be intact for at least a few track days 🤪 as for the quality of the job well, as they say it’s far from good but good from far 😅
Panigale❌ —> Poonigale ✅
F54513B1-D352-4A15-927B-C7E73B333FD6.jpeg AFAC4DA5-4394-4438-95BD-183A062A9011.jpeg
B40F5E84-212F-4EA9-AE4D-BA15E5618D58.jpeg
Just waiting on a new clip on to arrive still hence the left bar with no grip. Will all be good to go in a couple of weeks again so we can utterly devastate some lap records lol 🥷🏻

KODAKHODAK

Got to work Andy-proofing the 1299 a bit more this week as a few orders rolled in. Just waiting on the new handlebar, annoyingly IMA are a special order here so probably a couple more weeks away til I have those but in the meantime everything else is sorted which is nice.
most impressed with the axle sliders and the new Chinese knockoffs even came with the correct branding which was a bonus 😅
View attachment 10334
The poor Bayliss exhaust has copped it twice on the left canister now leaving a few cosmetic defects but these pads will save any further booboos unless I ball it up lol. Certainly not pretty but functional.
View attachment 10335 View attachment 10336
Finally and the thing I’m most keen to test out is the racetorx gear shaft spline support. Hopefully this, along with a serious adjustment to remove all slack from the gear lever will resolve my shifting issues. Mostly having problems not changing from 3rd to 4th off T12 coming onto the main straight and refusing to come from 6/5 down to 4 heading into the first corner nice and fast.
One of these days I’ll try another aftermarket quickshifter but still sour about the HM unit failing on me.
View attachment 10337 View attachment 10338

All eyes on Phillip Island now, was a scramble yesterday finding out my accomodation had fallen through but managed to book a beach house all to myself not far from the circuit so should be a pretty sweet weekend. Hopefully Jack continues his fine form 😁
Great meeting you @Andy7 at SMP yesterday thanks for dropping in to say hello - I definitely sorted the quick shifting issue yesterday took the ebay throttle spacers out and will invest in this racetorx part for future track days.

Andy7

Staff member
@KODAKHODAK Can confirm that racetorx gear support is the best thing I’ve put on the bike. Shifts were spot on all day, as good as they were when I had the HM one before it crapped out.

Wind was a bummer, quite a slow day in the end. Probably down 10-15kph on top speed heading down the straight yesterday!

KODAKHODAK

@KODAKHODAK Can confirm that racetorx gear support is the best thing I’ve put on the bike. Shifts were spot on all day, as good as they were when I had the HM one before it crapped out.

Wind was a bummer, quite a slow day in the end. Probably down 10-15kph on top speed heading down the straight yesterday!
I’ll invest in that mod for sure 🤟

Andy7

Staff member
Not specifically a Ducati update but picked up a trailer a few months ago and finally got a chance to set it up for the bikes. Quite a cosy fit for the two machines but perfect for my use. Unfortunately the roof was a bit shallow for the husky so had to cut a hole in the floor to drop the front wheel in and get the extra couple inches I needed. Result is better than I expected and all that’s left is to add a couple more tie down hooks on the floor and some brackets to hold the tool boxes, tubs for gear & jerry cans.
Will get its maiden run next weekend if the weather looks good enough for my first track day of 23

BDB31CE1-F0DC-4EFB-8A83-0F35292BC1FE.jpeg 7D62A0AC-CB13-4456-9869-2460405BF8D5.jpeg