Panigale V4S- Superleggera conversion

Exhaust fitted 😳🤤. These are essentially open headers- they spit flames… nothing more to add 😊 I have a Brentune Stage 2, hope it runs ok. These were custom made by Spark to fit the akra headers. I did have some issues with the islets lining up for the springs and the slot that’s botched in the header as well. Little clean dremel and filing did the trick to clean it up and fit. They sound UNBELIEVABLE!
Would love to hear it!

Apuca

Outstanding, sounds like you went to some effort routing wires to keep the stock forks but is the plan to keep the electronic suspension for good?
Beautiful result, I saw a bunch of SLV4's up close for the first time at WDW and they are a marvel to admire.
I am not sure about the suspension, I really love having the ability to change it on the fly with DES. I am really on the fence... unless someone on the forum can convince me otherwise. My folks are bottoming out on hard braking on track so I may need a spring kit. I keep drooling over those online the SL4 has and the titanium spring. I thought I saw on here I can change the rear spring to titanium one?

Apuca

Exhaust fitted 😳🤤. These are essentially open headers- they spit flames… nothing more to add 😊 I have a Brentune Stage 2, hope it runs ok. These were custom made by Spark to fit the akra headers. I did have some issues with the islets lining up for the springs and the slot that’s botched in the header as well. Little clean dremel and filing did the trick to clean it up and fit. They sound UNBELIEVABLE!
These do make the bike run a lot better, especially with the Stage 2 Brentune. Wow!

bp_SFV4

I am not sure about the suspension, I really love having the ability to change it on the fly with DES. I am really on the fence... unless someone on the forum can convince me otherwise. My folks are bottoming out on hard braking on track so I may need a spring kit. I keep drooling over those online the SL4 has and the titanium spring. I thought I saw on here I can change the rear spring to titanium one?
The downside to the Ti spring is that to the best of my knowledge it is only available in the stock spring rate. The SL has the gas charged forks like the R and the 2022 bikes. You can see the little gas reservoir built into the fork bottom.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
From what I heard, the Ti can be inconsistent in spring rate... From my experience just yesterday with Titanium Spring Clip (inside my 998 clutch cover), they are not as good as steel in providing the same level of compression at the same shape, thus I decided not to use the titanium spring clip and use the original steel again.

Apuca

From what I heard, the Ti can be inconsistent in spring rate... From my experience just yesterday with Titanium Spring Clip (inside my 998 clutch cover), they are not as good as steel in providing the same level of compression at the same shape, thus I decided not to use the titanium spring clip and use the original steel again.
Thanks, Howard. Appreciate the write up you did on the various options for this bike. Front and back. I will opt for the entire SL4 setup. I’m never one to assume that OE setup is always the best, but for this bike I’m leaning that way simply because of its individual components and how premium it is. The rear swingarm and the bike itself varies in geometry compared to the standard V4… longer swingarm and final drive geometry, So I’ll need to consider that as well. Since Im using this bike, mostly track, for my skill level these components go far beyond my ability. My poor wallet… oh I’ve got an accessory as well that I need to put together 😊

Apuca

Well, I am here to unfortunately communicate that my SL4 conversion was short lived. On my ride home last night I came across 2 deer crossing the road near my home and had to lay her down to avoid hitting the deer and trees etc as I swerved away. The bike is totaled. This has been a complete an utter heart/gut wrenching experience. To give some context, I decided to make this build because it’s been a dream of mine since a kid to own such a machine. The build began shortly after been bed ridden for nearly a year with a ultra-rare auto inflammatory condition, which is degenerative. It was my ambition to realize this, not for the material object, but for the therapy it provided and as motivation to continue. It slowly became a part of me an extension of me in probably more ways than one could imagine. Feels like I lost a piece that I’ll never gain back. We will see how the insurance handles this, but the dream is over…for now. Thanks for the support in advance. 🙏
E0A921CC-8E95-479C-9318-C46D12663C61.jpeg777C42F0-579C-491C-BC39-E900E9FF73C6.jpeg

Well, I am here to unfortunately communicate that my SL4 conversion was short lived. On my ride home last night I came across 2 deer crossing the road near my home and had to lay her down to avoid hitting the deer and trees etc as I swerved away. The bike is totaled. This has been a complete an utter heart/gut wrenching experience. To give some context, I decided to make this build because it’s been a dream of mine since a kid to own such a machine. The build began shortly after been bed ridden for nearly a year with a ultra-rare auto inflammatory condition, which is degenerative. It was my ambition to realize this, not for the material object, but for the therapy it provided and as motivation to continue. It slowly became a part of me an extension of me in probably more ways than one could imagine. Feels like I lost a piece that I’ll never gain back. We will see how the insurance handles this, but the dream is over…for now. Thanks for the support in advance. 🙏
Sorry to hear this! I was a beautiful machine. I hope you ok and have a speedy recovery. Hopefully the insurance takes care of you and you can rebuild. I totaled mine low-siding in the canyons, bought it back and rebuilt it. I will never sell it now since it has so much sentimental value.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 10029View attachment 10030
I am glad you are OK, @Apuca ,
Unless the Superleggera frame is structurally damage, then everything can be fixed.
Please don't give up. This is just another challenge in life that can be overcome.
You already achieve your dream, and now it is up to you to keep your dream.

and DREAMS MATTER: