My 1299 project

Lucati

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
So I ended up getting a new thumb brake, the HEL thumb brake. mounting for the HEL is to the fork which I needed because of issues with space on my clip on which my IMA thumb brake was mounted. I know it’s possible to get a fork mount for the IMA, but since ohlins does some odd tapering of the fork tubes for the base 1299, I’d have to custom order the clamp from IMA. Getting the HEL thumb brake was easier. It works well, I like it, the IMA is just a bit better looking.
4E2C2D0E-5128-488A-BDAF-157E78226978.jpegC575E538-3D7F-4105-8A2F-11209BE91006.jpeg

Lucati

Staff member
I may need some pictures of how you mounted the reservoirs to get some ideas.
🕵️‍♂️
man, it was a pain to figure out, trial and error a few times. I tried a rizoma bar mount that worked ok but just took up space made a clutter. what ended up working very well was the mounts that come with the 25ml cnc racing reservoirs, they fit the bolt for the IMA clipons PERFECTLY like it was made for them. let me know if you want some pictures, ill take some.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
man, it was a pain to figure out, trial and error a few times. I tried a rizoma bar mount that worked ok but just took up space made a clutter. what ended up working very well was the mounts that come with the 25ml cnc racing reservoirs, they fit the bolt for the IMA clipons PERFECTLY like it was made for them. let me know if you want some pictures, ill take some.
When you get a chance that would be great.

Andy7

Staff member
they fit the bolt for the IMA clipons PERFECTLY like it was made for them. let me know if you want some pictures, ill take some.
Much appreciated, can't quite get the brake reservoir to stop making touching the front subframe at full left turn of the bars despite all the little adjustments I tried 😬

Edit* Just read through everything again, I forgot how much you'd done to this already... Amazing. And good idea with the clutch reservoir mount, perhaps a similar solution for the brake side as well?

Last edited:

Lucati

Staff member
Much appreciated, can't quite get the brake reservoir to stop making touching the front subframe at full left turn of the bars despite all the little adjustments I tried 😬

Edit* Just read through everything again, I forgot how much you'd done to this already... Amazing. And good idea with the clutch reservoir mount, perhaps a similar solution for the brake side as well?
thats the same problem I was having, the touching of the front subframe/fairing. I found another one of those brackets/mounts, made a post asking if anyone had one laying around and luckily someone did.

Lucati

Staff member
Great to hear from you Lucati, and I can't wait to follow the EVOLUTION. (y) :love:
What’s happenin! I had the engine and frame left sitting there so I’m going to build it back together, sell it as a whole then move on to another project from there. Seeing Some good lookin things around…

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
What’s happenin! I had the engine and frame left sitting there so I’m going to build it back together, sell it as a whole then move on to another project from there. Seeing Some good lookin things around…
I vaguely remember that there was a "doctor" planning to pick up your engine in his private plane. The private plane never landed or never take off in the first place? :ROFLMAO:

Lucati

Staff member
I vaguely remember that there was a "doctor" planning to pick up your engine in his private plane. The private plane never landed or never take off in the first place? :ROFLMAO:
Hahaha I think he accidentally flew through the Bermuda Triangle