MAIN Thread for discussing all exhaust available for Panigale V4

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Thank you, BMW!!! I instantly fell in love with the wide body design haha it would look nice with the paint scheme of your 916 anniv. Would my red bike look better with colour matched wings?

here’s a few more, all shot with iPhone 11 Pro and I feel like the mic is decent. The Akra is a bit more high pitched but he is revving the piss out of it. I’m considering trading my 1299 for another v4 for up north and for that I’d consider the Akra headers with those little spark WSBK silencers but I have a feeling it’s higher pitched than the full Akra below

and lastly, the sound of my ZARD startup and Dyno run:

Hi Kev,
The Zard definitely deeper, it make it seemed like the engine just gained 300cc more displacement !!! 🏍🏍🏍
(by the way, do you notice that our forum software have tons of smiley emojis?, I like to play with all this emojis 📢📢📢)

regarding your wings, I personally prefer a dry carbon fiber wings and keep it black for contrast. Beside painting that wing black might not last too long and might chip here and there...

or if you want to paint, just paint the side surface only like on this picture below:

POMPLARDPANAM

What's up bros i'm new here POMPLARDPANAM from Paris Pomplardpanam
so i have a lot of exhaut to show u 2 AKRAPOVIC Replicas
the pics is ptrotected for the vandemon so there is a link

Attachments

POMPLARDPANAM

I wanted to buy one of this the China one because it's look cool N rare tried to negociate the price too but at final they both too much expensive even without the carbon

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I wanted to buy one of this the China one because it's look cool N rare i have tru to negociate the price too but at final they both too much expensive even without the carbon
Hi POMPLARDPANAM,
Welcome again to our forum and thank so much for the information about this Vandemon exhaust system 😃
Yes, Titanium welding and Titanium pipe bending, even gas flow testing or dyno testing is not that hard to do in this modern age. Especially if there is already a design (from Akrapovic) to reference (replica) from.
The main problem is more on tuning (the map).
Our forum member @Superbike Unlimited posted (I believe in Instagram) managed to get the highest ever dyno result with their new Termignoni WSBK exhaust system, but I think it is more because @Superbike Unlimited did a through job tuning using their latest Motec system than the Termignoni itself. Of course the Termignoni do contribute in the good gas flow out of the V4 engine, but I think it's the tuning that matter the most.

POMPLARDPANAM

Hi POMPLARDPANAM,
Welcome again to our forum and thank so much for the information about this Vandemon exhaust system 😃
Yes, Titanium welding and Titanium pipe bending, even gas flow testing or dyno testing is not that hard to do in this modern age. Especially if there is already a design (from Akrapovic) to reference (replica) from.
Our forum member @Superbike Unlimited posted (I believe in Instagram) managed to get the highest ever dyno result with their new Termignoni WSBK exhaust system, but I think it is more because @Superbike Unlimited did a through job tuning using their latest Motec system than the Termignoni itself. Of course the Termignoni do contribute in the good gas flow out of the V4 engine, but I think it's the tuning that matter the most.
Superbike bro is a pro lol me i'm wanker lol comparing to him anyway this full systems R unfotunately not for me that's too much cheese for my Pizza

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Superbike bro is a pro lol me i'm wanker lol comparing to him anyway this full systems R unfotunately not for me that's too much cheese for my Pizza
Hi POMPLARDPANAM,

I am not comparing you with superbikeunlimited, :)
what I really mean was, I agree with you that the Chinese or Malaysian made exhaust should perform close or similar to the original Akrapovic with the right tuning, 👍
(as long as their pipe diameter, length and shape/bend is similar, and the welding inside the pipe is also smoothed out for maximum flow).

BrenTuning from what I read so far, also can provide you with good tuning as an alternative to the T800.

POMPLARDPANAM

Hi POMPLARDPANAM,
Bro about the map if u search a lil bit there is no problem u just buy the T800 from TERMIGONI like i said before or the brentuning box or another one that i forget the name then u upload the correct Map then the filter N someone for the mounting N it's good to go...

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Bro about the map if u search a lil bit there is no problem u just buy the T800 from TERMIGONI like i said before or the brentuning box or another one that i forget the name then u upload the correct Map then the filter N someone for the mounting N it's good to go...
Yes, I agree that the T800 or Brentuning map will work well with aftermarket exhausts and will be no problem for most application.

However, if you really want to make it really ideal like the way Ducati factory would do it, then there are some differences, at least from what each tuners claim,

So according to Ducati on this webpage: Exhausts Systems Ducati Performance
Their Akrapovic map not only alter the fuel and ignition (AFR ratio and ignition) but also other parameter like DTC, DWC, DPL and slide on demand.

But according to Brentuning, from their research, the Akrapovic Ducati map only make changes to the fuel and ignition: 2020 Ducati V4 / V4S Handheld Diagnostic Tool (Stage 1)
while the T800 map from termignoni were even more simpler than the Akrapovic Ducati map.
Although I confused with this claim because how the T800 can be more simple than a Ducati Akrapovic map when the fuel/ignition is the only changes with Ducati Akrapovic map?,
maybe what Brentuning mean was, the "resolution" of the changes perform to the T800 map is not as high as the changes perform by the Ducati Akrapovic map.
Resolution meaning, for example Akrapovic team look and adjust the changes neccessary to the map for every 100 rpm increment, while Termignoni T800 do it every 500 rpm increment (and T800 extrapolate the in between changes).

I have no doubt that on the engine map alone, the Brentuning map might be able to coax the last ounce of horsepower (more) compare to the Ducati Akrapovic map, since Akrapovic "factory" map would emphasize more on safety/reliability in every climate and fuel quality available.
But in the end, I still believe the Ducati Akrapovic map is actually superior (not in term of full power gain) for overall effectiveness.
Because I don't think Brentuning or T800 map have access (and resources) to also alter the DTC, DWC, DPL and slide control parameters.
To be fair, Brentuning or T800 never claim they have access and never claim that they perform any changes to these parameters.

I watch the youtube video from @Superbike Unlimited and I noticed their Motec full racing ecu can even have all these parameters change using GPS location (different in each corner), so the although optimized engine map looks good on a dyno, but the ability to also tune the other parameter DTC, DWC, DPL, Slide Control so it work in harmony with the new power and torque curve is also important.

I also found one interesting information...
I was asking to several tuners whether they could make the message on the dashboard to say Racing EVO like what happen after you upgrade to Ducati Akrapovic Map, and all of them say NO. They can only show Racing PRO but not Racing EVO.
But then, one of the tuner told me that they can show Racing EVO on the dashboard, but I got to upgrade my basic stock map to Ducati Akrapovic Map before further upgrade to this tuner new map.
That I believe shows that there are still some parameters that the tuners were not able to access (for now) and only Akrapovic with full Ducati factory support can fully access it.

This is why, if Ducati Akrapovic never release an official undertail exhaust with street map in the next year or so,
my solution would be to purchase the undertail SC-Project WSBK exhaust and combine it with the map from the Ducati Akrapovic Full System Exhaust (which means I also need to buy the Ducati Akrapovic Full System Exhaust). I haven't had the chance to be able to measure the pipe diameter differences between the SC-Project WSBK exhaust vs. the Ducati Akrapovic pipe diameter, but even if the SC-Project WSBK exhaust have larger diameter pipe, but they are also longer than the Ducati Akrapovic Full System Exhaust, so the differences in the back pressure should be minimal...
in fact, most likely the map from the Ducati Akrapovic Full System Exhaust is still a bit Rich in AFR (Air to Fuel Ratio) for safety/reliability purposes, so it should be almost (if not) an ideal fit in AFR values with the SC-Project WSBK exhaust in case the SC-Project WSBK exhaust actually allow faster/more flow due to the larger pipe diameter.

POMPLARDPANAM

It make sense for the ceazy price of a Akrapovic full system u can have special settings this is written somewhere yes i remember.
By the way the price of the full AKRAPOVIC is 8000$ with the mounting in my country lol without fairings N it's not the best filter in the kit .
Good luck with that bro , a simple racing pro will be good on my pizza dashboard

POMPLARDPANAM

bro ok u got it the full system AKRAPOVIC is like this on the the Dashboard
N my bro Full o media got Racing pro on his dashboard with the brentuning box at 0.59 seconds

Last edited:

DucatiKev

FOUNDING Member
I am pretty sure @DucatiKev had a ZARD system on his new V4 and he loves it a lot.
I also have the BrenTuning files on my 1299 and love it a lot. I think this is going to be the rout I go for my V4 as well. skip to 9 minutes 20 seconds and listen to those shifts...

So @BMW Alpina, I understand you want that official UpMap from the Akra system but there may be some room for perfection. There certainly was a big difference between my 1299 with the official DP Akra UpMap and the BrenTuning flash, besides, the warranty on these bikes run out in no time anyway.
Or you could get one of those fancy Marelli ECU setups

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I also have the BrenTuning files on my 1299 and love it a lot. I think this is going to be the rout I go for my V4 as well. skip to 9 minutes 20 seconds and listen to those shifts...

So @BMW Alpina, I understand you want that official UpMap from the Akra system but there may be some room for perfection. There certainly was a big difference between my 1299 with the official DP Akra UpMap and the BrenTuning flash, besides, the warranty on these bikes run out in no time anyway.
Or you could get one of those fancy Marelli ECU setups
Hi Kev,

Yes, I agree with you that the BrenTuning optimized the ENGINE MAP part of the Ducati Akrapovic map and make it better since it can focus on people who want max engine performance.
I think that is what BrenTuning did with 650iB bike on this video:

DucatiKev

FOUNDING Member
Hi Kev,

Yes, I agree with you that the BrenTuning optimized the ENGINE MAP part of the Ducati Akrapovic map and make it better since it can focus on people who want max engine performance.
I think that is what BrenTuning did with 650iB bike on this video:
Totally! I do feel like my V4 could have a more aggressive (faster) shift at higher revs. Maybe the Akra UpMap + EVO2 would get it there

DucatiKev

FOUNDING Member
I forgot your bike is a 2020 model... that new fairing design for 2020 is growing on me !!! (y)
I am wondering if you would be interested in going for the wide body fairings at some point? I know you have a custom painter that could set you up but the official ducat fairings are probably over $5k plus cost of paint but there are other options. MotoXP states they can do a custom job:

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I am wondering if you would be interested in going for the wide body fairings at some point? I know you have a custom painter that could set you up but the official ducat fairings are probably over $5k plus cost of paint but there are other options. MotoXP states they can do a custom job:

Hi Kev,

Eventhough I think I more and more like the new fairing style better (the style of the vent on the side of the fairing), however, I will not change my fairing since my original fairing is part of my bike package.
In fact, if you recall, I had painted Number 1 on my tail fairing a few months ago, and earlier today, I actually just order another tail fairing just so I can have a spare tail fairing in it's original paint from Ducati.

I also ordered the Ducati original lower belly pan for the Akrapovic Factory Exhaust in specific 916 theme color today (different part#). This is for "just in case" scenario 😜

It should look like this:

s-l500.jpg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Hi @DucatiKev
When you install your ZARD exhaust, did you took out the servo assembly, or leave it there still plug in (wiring)?
If I want to take it out, do you know any servo eliminator module that can be plugged in? I can do my own research but I thought, I should just ask you since you had done many research related to exhaust 😁
Thanks

Last edited: