Lithium Batteries..

Araitim

MASTER Builder & Moderator
Staff member
Thanks so much for the information Araitim, I will also look into high current solenoid.
Also what is the difference between the modern high current solenoid compare to the stock 999S engine solenoid? Thanks
I can't seem to find the specific info for the older generation starter solenoid/relays but as with most ducati's they crank over slow. Many have switched to larger wire with higher strand count of pure copper and had success but to do the high current relay/solenoid and the wires you will never have an issue. The TE High current relay/solenoid are rated at 130a continuous and 300a switching.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
I can't seem to find the specific info for the older generation starter solenoid/relays but as with most ducati's they crank over slow. Many have switched to larger wire with higher strand count of pure copper and had success but to do the high current relay/solenoid and the wires you will never have an issue. The TE High current relay/solenoid are rated at 130a continuous and 300a switching.
Thanks again Araitim,
Following your advice, I just ordered the TE High Current Relay from SpeedCell website: High Current Relay Assembly

1654223264585.png

Unfortunately, I also just ordered the original brand new 999S starter solenoid a few days ago... I guess, I might still use it to trigger the TE Relay so I don't have to cut the factory wiring harness šŸ˜‡