Info Needed- Akra slip-on for V4s

bp_SFV4

Its normal for a cold start RPM to be slightly higher. If you have the tool you can see the value the ECU is calling for as to idle speed. As long as that value and the actual idle speed are in sync I wouldn't worry.

But, I think you need to get a lot more miles and let the bike settle in to the new map before worrying about anything. There are a lot of adaptive values which learn and adjust. Get some miles on it. If it doesn't feel like it pulling that much put it into engine high. It makes the throttle feel much more direct.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Moving to a different part of the bike- is there any instruction on how to remove the rear passager seat to install the seat cowl? I'd like to know if there are any Torque specs I need to look out for when replacing.

Cheers! folks cannot wait to ride this beast more.
Its pretty easy remove the seat. Then the two bolts underneath the seat. Then there are 4 bolts on the under side of the tail.
Then replace with the new tail. The solo seat only has the 4 bolts on the under side of the tail.
One thing to note when removing the passenger pegs be sure to have a quality hex bit. Those bolts are really soft.

Motovalor

Its normal for a cold start RPM to be slightly higher. If you have the tool you can see the value the ECU is calling for as to idle speed. As long as that value and the actual idle speed are in sync I wouldn't worry.

But, I think you need to get a lot more miles and let the bike settle in to the new map before worrying about anything. There are a lot of adaptive values which learn and adjust. Get some miles on it. If it doesn't feel like it pulling that much put it into engine high. It makes the throttle feel much more direct.
Yeah that makes sense, I’ll put more miles in and change the setting for more engine high. Thank you.
Its pretty easy remove the seat. Then the two bolts underneath the seat. Then there are 4 bolts on the under side of the tail.
Then replace with the new tail. The solo seat only has the 4 bolts on the under side of the tail.
One thing to note when removing the passenger pegs be sure to have a quality hex bit. Those bolts are really soft.
Great, so no torque specs I need to worry about. I’ll make sure I get a quality bit. Thank you.