HKMP7's V4S Journal

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
STM DRY CLUTCH # 96080031AA
Here it is.
There are several reasons to do this conversion here are a few.
1. Sound: Either you love it or hate it. I personally love the racing DNA behind the sound. All GP bikes use a dry clutch.
2. Keeps the engine oil cleaner since the clutch material doesn't end up in the engine.
3. More efficient power delivery since the spinning clutch doesn't have to overcome the resistance from the engine oil.
4. More consistent launches
5. Should be lighter "TBD"

Now to the cons.
1. Clutch wear is increased since you don't have the cooling effect from the engine oil.
2. Your bike sounds like a vacuum cleaner sucking up marbles lol

The cover it comes with is the same exact cover for the wet clutch setup with 2 of the mounting tabs machined off and no sound deadening.

Weights and measures
STM Dry Clutch 5403g 11.9lbs
Stock wet clutch TBD
@Lucati

Last edited:

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
What % of your riding is street & track now? Is this gonna turn into a track only beast and soon you’ll have a sfv4 for road use? 😆
Love the dry clutch, great job 🤤

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
This kit came from Italy and when they shipped it they packed it with local newspaper. Am I the only person that loves that lol. So as I'm browsing the local Italian grocery ads I notice something. Can you spot it? 🤔

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Haha very good, it’s great that you can ride in between each update and notice how all the changes affect performance individually. Quickshifter and chain & sprockets alone made riding the 1299 sublime (vs stock), let alone wheels, suspension & everything else you’ve done so far.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Its crazy how advertising works. I don't live in Italy but I recognized that brand from Ducati racing.

A016738

You going to do the install yourself? Seen a vid of the Ducati performance swap kit and it looks like a bear. Love to do this mod if it's manageable

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
You going to do the install yourself? Seen a vid of the Ducati performance swap kit and it looks like a bear. Love to do this mod if it's manageable
I was going to but after pricing out the special tools needed it came up to $800
My friend that’s a Ducati tech will install it for almost nothing. So one less headache for me lol.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
The tool that was the most important is the one that centers the clutch housing. If that isn't straight it will cause oil leaks. Most dealers will charge $500-$600 to install the kit which is still cheaper than the tools lol.

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
:oops:
$800 in tools? That'll rule this mod out for me...if there's that much involved...headache and tears for sure.

Thyssenkrupp wheels it is..
I went with Thyssenkrupp recently, will give that a try on street of willow coming up end of this month....should be interesting...

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
i remember this was on Ben Spies bike too back in 2009? i can be wrong...
That was the Sterilgarda Yamaha and he won the championship his first year in WSBK. Pretty amazing if you think about the level of competition and he had no experience on most of the tracks.
1631307530014.png