HKMP7's V4S Journal

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Motocorse SBK fork bottoms :love:
The eagle 🦅 has landed and OMG. These things look amazing! They looked awesome before but when they are on the forks it kicks it up a notch. I'm a super happy how they turned out. The forks were rebuilt with custom valving and black magic. Also added a travel indicator to the right leg so no more zipties lol.

The gold peeking through the fork bottom is beautiful
WOW, that is really GORGEOUS especially when compared to the stock Ohlins cast fork bottom side by side :love: 🥰 😘

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Ohlins
I got some genuine Ohlins decals for the forks. Normally I don't like decals on the bike but these add a some WSBK flair to my front end. So I will be getting out a tape measurer rulers and a protractor to make sure they are put on there straight lol.

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Motocorse SBK fork bottoms :love:
The eagle 🦅 has landed and OMG. These things look amazing! They looked awesome before but when they are on the forks it kicks it up a notch. I'm a super happy how they turned out. The forks were rebuilt with custom valving and black magic. Also added a travel indicator to the right leg so no more zipties lol.

The gold peeking through the cut out is beautiful

Weights and measures
Stock fork bottom no hardware
Left "sensor side" 581g
Right 503g

Motocorse with Ti hardware
Left "sensor side" 509g
Right 448g
Total Savings 127g
So @Tsaico was right they are a bit lighter

P.S. I already ceramic coated them ha.

i want to know your secret sauce for the oil weight and preferred shim...lol

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Brembo Deutsch Motocorse Ohlins Raychem Staubli
These are some of the best in the business. All these brands scream quality. I wanted to do a test fit to see what my front end would eventually look like. I'm super happy with how this came out.

Last edited:

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Ohlins
I got some genuine Ohlins decals for the forks. Normally I don't like decals on the bike but these add a some WSBK flair to my front end. So I will be getting out a tape measurer rulers and a protractor to make sure they are put on there straight lol.
Hi HKMP7,

I just saw this Laser Marking Video on Facebook, might be applicable to your Fork:

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Forks fitted
So I test fitted the forks with the motocorse fork bottoms and everything lines up and fits well. This is just a rough mock up of how the cables will be routed.

Now with the WSBK Ohlins decal lol
really looking forward to your riding feedback

who did you send the fork to? North Carolina? or?

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Brembo 16x18 Billet Clutch XR01151
Been waiting on this for a while here it is. The billet body should give the best feel of the available clutch masters. I mainly got it so it matches the brake master and gets rid of the cast stock unit. I got the long lever version which I prefer over the shorty. I love how Brembo "race" masters come standard with Ti pinch bolts. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is figuring out reservoir mounts. :cautious:
Now the pictures.

Excellent quality machining

Proti lever pin, bleeder screw and lever bolt.

Weights and Measures

Stock Billet Clutch MS 275g
Ducati Modified Billet Clutch MS 266g

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Hi HKMP7,

GORGEOUS and MATCHING Billet MC :love:
By the way, how about these reservoir mounting solutions from Kohken (Japan) (please scroll down further on the webpage and also use Google Chrome for Japan to English translation):
KOHKENマスターシリンダーパーツ アーカイブ - KOHKENダイレクトSHOP

Actually, also please review the second and third webpage:
KOHKENマスターシリンダーパーツ アーカイブ - 2ページ目 (3ページ中) - KOHKENダイレクトSHOP

KOHKENマスターシリンダーパーツ アーカイブ - 3ページ目 (3ページ中) - KOHKENダイレクトSHOP

Usually Kohken items are available for purchase to US address on Webike website.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
STM inspection cover
Here is a bit of bling.
I ordered a new O-ring and Ill make sure to lube it up so it doesn't go on dry.
The machining on this thing is really nice and the black anodizing comes in clutch.

Laser etched STM logo

Last edited: