HKMP7's V4S Journal

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
I decided to do some shopping while I wait.
Should I do the classic font or the throwback 80's font :unsure:
I just had the same dilemma a week ago. Ended up with the left one that’s got the current font 😉

Bruce Wayne

Wheels and Tires install
The last piece needed to install the tires came in so Im off to see the wizard.
Marchensini black 90 deg valves

At my local Ducati shop

I decided to do some shopping while I wait.
Should I do the classic font or the throwback 80's font :unsure:

Tires should be mounted in 30min or so. To be continued...
Just get both

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Yeah its dope its called V4 Eyes
Thanks HKMP7, I just follow your footstep and buy it,
Then, I found out there are several other nice T-Shirt design and also bought them too, like these below:
1612563231763.png

and

1612563306998.png

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Brembo T drives
I've used these on several bikes in the past so it was a easy decision to put these on the track wheels.

I bought these a while ago so I was able to weigh them vs the Braketech Irons.

Weights & Measures
Stock Rotors 1376g Left 1381g right 2767g total
Braketech Iron 1599g Left 1611g right 3210g total
Brembo T-drives 1583g Left 1586g right 3169g total
These wheels use 10mm longer rotor bolts. Which come with the wheels but I opted for some Mettec Ti instead.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Track equipment
This is something that bothers me to the point I wanted to find a solution. Using the VP gas can to fill the bike and spilling gas EVERYWHERE. No matter how hard I try I get gas either on myself or all over the bike. So I found a fix. This is a pump for the 5 gallon race jugs and will eliminate my spillage. It comes with threaded adapters to affix it to the gas can. I wish I would have found this a long time ago.
TeraPump TRFA01-XL is the model
Has some cool features like auto shut off and pumps 2.4 gallons per min.

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Yeah, everytime I gas up after a session, it sure does feels like a chore, been eyeballing something easier.

your solution might be the ticket ! Thanks!

Track equipment
This is something that bothers me to the point I wanted to find a solution. Using the VP gas can to fill the bike and spilling gas EVERYWHERE. No matter how hard I try I get gas either on myself or all over the bike. So I found a fix. This is a pump for the 5 gallon race jugs and will eliminate my spillage. It comes with threaded adapters to affix it to the gas can. I wish I would have found this a long time ago.
TeraPump TRFA01-XL is the model
Has some cool features like auto shut off and pumps 2.4 gallons per min.

MaverickiB

I've gotten used to a system wherein I bend the hose to fit into the gas tank, then put the jug on my shoulder and gradually tip it to pour fuel a little at a time. It takes longer than I'd like, but doesn't spill much. Been eyeing a different solution, but 75 bucks is a teensy bit out of my price range. Maybe there's a hand pump equivalent.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
I've gotten used to a system wherein I bend the hose to fit into the gas tank, then put the jug on my shoulder and gradually tip it to pour fuel a little at a time. It takes longer than I'd like, but doesn't spill much. Been eyeing a different solution, but 75 bucks is a teensy bit out of my price range. Maybe there's a hand pump equivalent.
I know the feeling. But I've probably spilled at least $50 in fuel over the years lol. I'm done with that ha ha.

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Im aiming to eliminate mishaps...i want to be safe than sorry....thats my take...(insurance policy....)

i was sold immediately....after I saw it was standing next to Ducati V4...lol

craig bush

Have any of you guys tried the quick fill caps on a plastic jug? I use them and love them - maybe more than my Pitbull TRS if that tells you anything ;)

Just turn them upside down, place the spout in the tank fill neck, and press down - not a drop spilled. Think I paid $40/ea + shipping.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Have any of you guys tried the quick fill caps on a plastic jug? I use them and love them - maybe more than my Pitbull TRS if that tells you anything ;)

Just turn them upside down, place the spout in the tank fill neck, and press down - not a drop spilled. Think I paid $40/ea + shipping.
I saw those also but I would still have to lift the gas can lol.
I thought about getting one of these lmao.
They would kick me out if I showed up for a trackday with this.
1613782849637.png

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member

I want to sell my...it leaks on my unit, required bigger gasket. Couldn’t find one, but it is a good idea!