DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

Siddhant_Mishra

dooes after market clamps necessarily meen better performance ? If I'm goin all out on wheels brakes and engine performance , should i also change the triple clamps steup
(upper and lower )

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
dooes after market clamps necessarily meen better performance ? If I'm goin all out on wheels brakes and engine performance , should i also change the triple clamps steup
(upper and lower )
Not necessarily.
Some people change their upper and triple clamp with an adjustable version to help with how the bike steer (to make it a quicker response or to make it more stable, or both).
It also can compensate if you have a longer swing arm and bring back the quicker steering.

Some people (like in my case) change the triple clamp for looks (cosmetic purposes).

Siddhant_Mishra

Not necessarily.
Some people change their upper and triple clamp with an adjustable version to help with how the bike steer (to make it a quicker response or to make it more stable, or both).
It also can compensate if you have a longer swing arm and bring back the quicker steering.

Some people (like in my case) change the triple clamp for looks (cosmetic purposes).
So for the most part, the performance remains same. Shouldn't different braking setups change the way the clamps flex?
Also I don't wanna lose the production numbering on my stock triple clamps. How do i go about that?
Ngl aftermarket lowers do look more robust even to naked eye.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
So for the most part, the performance remains same. Shouldn't different braking setups change the way the clamps flex?
Also I don't wanna lose the production numbering on my stock triple clamps. How do i go about that?
Ngl aftermarket lowers do look more robust even to naked eye.
Different braking setups will not alter the clamp flex that can be noticeable unless you go with carbon brakes from MotoGP and you are braking like a MotoGP rider (especially trail braking in mid-corner)

However, different upper and lower triple clamp design, will change the way it flexes, affecting the "feel", especially in cornering when the bike's suspension is no longer effective due to the lean angle.

If you change your stock triple clamps, you can always laser mark the new after-market triple clamps to show your production number.

Siddhant_Mishra

Different braking setups will not alter the clamp flex that can be noticeable unless you go with carbon brakes from MotoGP and you are braking like a MotoGP rider (especially trail braking in mid-corner)

However, different upper and lower triple clamp design, will change the way it flexes, affecting the "feel", especially in cornering when the bike's suspension is no longer effective due to the lean angle.

If you change your stock triple clamps, you can always laser mark the new after-market triple clamps to show your production number.
since you've been in the market for this , could u link me up with guys / website that sells race-grade lowers and uppers who also can laser the production number ?
Thanks , that'd help me a lot

BMW Alpina

Staff member
since you've been in the market for this , could u link me up with guys / website that sells race-grade lowers and uppers who also can laser the production number ?
Thanks , that'd help me a lot
Yes, you can contact our official forum vendor, Melotti Racing by email and this his the email: sales@melottiracing.com
Also, please read this build thread of mine from the beginning so you can find my upper triple clamp custom laser marked by Melotti Racing. Tell them Howard send you, the owner, Diego and his assistant Clara knew me very well. Melotti racing is official triple clamp for Barni Racing WSBK team this year.
I refer many customers to them.
For the lower triple clamp, you can purchase from Motocorse through their many distributors. You can buy from Dennis Motorsport in Taiwan who is our forum official vendor too. He will give you great discount and he is also know me personally. Just tell Dennis, you know from Howard at Ducatimodified.com
This is Dennis email: dennispowersport@gmail.com

Siddhant_Mishra

Yes, you can contact our official forum vendor, Melotti Racing by email and this his the email: sales@melottiracing.com
Also, please read this build thread of mine from the beginning so you can find my upper triple clamp custom laser marked by Melotti Racing. Tell them Howard send you, the owner, Diego and his assistant Clara knew me very well. Melotti racing is official triple clamp for Barni Racing WSBK team this year.
I refer many customers to them.
For the lower triple clamp, you can purchase from Motocorse through their many distributors. You can buy from Dennis Motorsport in Taiwan who is our forum official vendor too. He will give you great discount and he is also know me personally. Just tell Dennis, you know from Howard at Ducatimodified.com
This is Dennis email: dennispowersport@gmail.com
thanks man :)
i did see the melotti racing uppers in your thread . could u share the lowers pics from motocorse which you've bought particularly ? i'd love to see those

BMW Alpina

Staff member
The custom CNC machined from TITANIUM Grade 5, Front Axle NUT arrived:
IMG_0187.JPGIMG_0188.JPGIMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0190.JPGIMG_0191.JPGIMG_0192.JPG

I need this custom Titanium nut for the Ohlins RVP25 forks, which have a different smaller diameter compared to stock Ohlins EC forks. I am using it with the AELLA Chromoly Steel axle that is a bit shorter than needed so thus the customization:

Below picture show the added total length that this custom Titanium Nut will add:
IMG_0193.JPG

And this is how it looks like screwed in:
IMG_0194.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I started work on the "heat management issue" with the SC-Project exhaust yesterday,

This are all the materials and tools I need:
IMG_0235.JPG

First, take out the spring holding the exhaust pipe to the manifold:
IMG_0236.JPG

Start wrapping up with the DEI highest grade black color wrap:
IMG_0237.JPG

Oh, also lock the wrap with stainless steel tie lock:
IMG_0238.JPGIMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG

Then wrap the other pipe:
IMG_0244.JPG

Next added even more insulation pads (decorated with Gold ProTi Titanium Bolts):
IMG_0251.JPG

And they will be hidden under the SC-Project Carbon Fiber Heat Shield (which will soon be re painted to fix the current faded clear coat due to extreme heat):
IMG_0250.JPG

By the way, I also will add Ducati's own heat shield green washer to space out further:
IMG_0249.JPG

I also use some high temp adhesive to help hold the green spacer/washer in place:
IMG_0247.JPG

So this heat management project is far from complete, but at least the most annoying parts of wrapping the 2 pipes hahaveeen finished (well, I still have to wrap the under seat pipe, but that is still a few months away due to other things need to be completed before that).

Then I decided to test fit the Titanium Nut to the Ohlins RVP25 WSBK forks, and it's about 0.12mm too big in diameter s,o won't fit... meaning I need to rere-machinedt again 😅:
IMG_0225.JPGIMG_0227.JPG

But at least the hex shape fit the 30mm tools perfectly:
IMG_0230.JPG

bp_SFV4

You get heat on the right? Stock, Termi slip-on, or Akra full, the heat I've always noticed is on my left leg just below the knee.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
You get heat on the right? Stock, Termi slip-on, or Akra full, the heat I've always noticed is on my left leg just below the knee.
Yes, for SC-Project WSBK exhaust with under tail silencers, most of the exhaust manifold from the rear cylinder head concentrated on the right side, and the heat was just unbearable there even when I just start the motors for 10 minutes.
No issue at all with the left side because there is not much pipe on the left side anymore.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
These past 2 weeks, I thought I was lucky because 2 of the high-value items I listed on eBay were sold, The Febur larger radiator for 998 sold at $700, and the Brembo GP4-RR Caliper sold at $3,000.

The Febur sold first to a buyer in Florida, while a few days later, the Brembo was to a buyer in Texas.
However, there are similarities between both transactions:
1. Both buyers opened their eBay account the same day they purchased my items
2. Both buyers have zero ratings (except the Febur buyer, who got his first rating from me because I just like to give a good review as soon as the buyer paid the item). But they make their user id end with some numbers, so if you look at a glance, it is almost like they already have a lot of good ratings
3. Both message me right after they order, rushing me to ship because they said they need to complete their build. In fact, the first buyer of the Febur radiator seemed to know Ducati well because his engine build is very similar to mine, like Pistal pistons, Carillo rods, 999 engine, etc... well maybe because I also told him about our forum after he purchases and message me on eBay.
The only strange thing was initially, he said it was for his 998, but later it was for his friend's 749R ???
4. After I told the Febur buyer that I required a signature on delivery, he immediately asked me to send it to a different address which I refuse
5. The Brembo buyer even asked me right away to ship to his "mechanic" address which I also refused, but I did not tell him that I asked for a signature upon delivery
6. I did not feel suspicious about all the above yet.
7. The Febur shipment was suddenly rerouted to be held at the UPS facility, which I thought was still ok, but then somehow, the package went missing while being held at the UPS facility.
8. I still thought it was normal, and UPS opened an investigation. But a few days later, I saw a notice that the package was found, but the package is now being shipped back to me per the receiver's request... which is weird
9. The Febur buyer contacted me saying he did not ask for the package to be returned, and he was in NY when the package arrived, so he asked to be held at the UPS facility, and then the package was somehow lost by UPS.
10. I am still not suspicious and offer to ship the Febur back on my own dime once I receive it back.
11. However, the Brembo package was also rerouted to a UPS facility, which triggered my suspicion... which was later confirmed when UPS also shipped the package back to me.
12. I began an investigation and found that all the addresses (whether the address listed by the 2 buyers on eBay or the "alternate" address of their mechanic/relatives) are either incorrect addresses, incorrect cities, or just an empty lot...
13. Then the Brembo buyer messaged me with attitude and asked me why the package was being returned to me (well, how would I know)... but I asked him whether he rerouted the package to the UPS facility, which he said admit but then started becoming more "upset" in tone.
14. I also see the tracking, and it looks like UPS almost gave the package to the Brembo buyer, but 5 minutes later, UPS decided to return it to me, meaning most likely UPS asked for Driver's License when the Brembo buyer tried to pick up the package at UPS facility, and his driver license did NOT match the UPS label, so UPS decided to return it to me.
15. The good news is that both packages arrived back safely at my home today, and nothing was missing.
16. So, I just message both buyers with all the facts above and how they both have the exact same modus operandi. I also told them that I no longer felt safe resending the item to them and asked them to legally open a case with eBay. Once eBay knows about this case and tells me to refund the payment, I will refund it to them.

I strongly believe I just somehow, luckily, narrowly escaped from being scammed. However, I still don't want to keep "illegal hot money" like this, so I will as soon as eBay tells me to refund these 2 buyers.

So to all readers here, please be very careful when selling high-value items on eBay. if the buyer has 0 ratings, just joined the same day, and is rushing you to ship to a different address or other suspicious activity, it is better to refund them right away and not continue with the transaction.
I think the Febur and the GP4-RR are just meant to stay with me a bit longer (or maybe forever) 😎

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
You might have dodged a bullet there Howard, weird series of events. Not a terrible thing having spares lying around and I’m sure a legit buyer will be interested soon - too good of a bargain to be sitting around for long 😁

BMW Alpina

Staff member
You might have dodged a bullet there Howard, weird series of events. Not a terrible thing having spares lying around and I’m sure a legit buyer will be interested soon - too good of a bargain to be sitting around for long 😁
Thanks Andy, yes, I am so lucky (or maybe UPS already has a system in place that track this suspicious condition).

BMW Alpina

Staff member
TODAY, I found proof that these 2 buyers are most likely the same person or a syndicate despite one have shipping address in Texas and the other in Florida, and below are the screenshots:

The left screenshot is a message from Febur buyer today, and the right screenshot is a message from the Brembo buyer today.
There is zero chance that 2 different people, living in 2 different states, both type the word "BUY" instead of "BYE" at the end of their message:
1677343877163.png1677343944359.png

Also, note that the Febur buyer used the same excuse (above) that he lost his MacBook.
Well, a few days ago, the Brembo buyer also used the same MacBook excuse (screenshot below):
1677344103554.png

So I believe what happened was, the Febur buyer test, whether I will not notice, or be suspicious.
When he succeeded in buying a $700 Febur from me (and I shipped the Febur), he got greedy and decided he wanted to scam a higher amount with the $3,000 Brembo.

Another lesson I learned, when selling a high-value item, always ask for a DELIVERY Signature. In fact, try to buy the label directly from UPS/FedEx and select NO REROUTE allowed !!!

Both of them opened cases to eBay as I told them to do this morning and, I REFUNDED both payments a few minutes ago, so CASE CLOSED now.
I only lost the shipping fee, but that is ok.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Today, I decided to apply the protective rubber for the 2 side stands, Motocorse for this bike and the stand for 998 (which I will post on my 998 Build Thread):

I hate it when the bottom part of the side stand look all scratch up so I decided to purchase Anti-Slip furniture Pads:
IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0297.JPGIMG_0298.JPG

then I use sharpie to marked the outline and cut it:
IMG_0299.JPGIMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0301.JPG

Voila, now it will be protected, look better and have damping effect:
IMG_0302.JPGIMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0304.JPGIMG_0305.JPG

IMG_0306.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
why put that furniture padd though ? seems like a point of failure to me
I hate it when the bottom of the side stand looks all scratched up, that is the main reason why I put this pad on my side stand.

If this pad fails, it can be easily replaced, and the only failure that can happen is the pads get peeled off.

However, they should be quite durable since they were designed to handle furniture that can be as heavy as a motorcycle while the furniture is being pushed across the room (dragged on the floor).
Besides, the pads will not experience much dragging (if any) since the way we put the stand down, and only then we let the bike supported by the stand also means the pads only experience force from the vertical direction and almost none (or only briefly) from the horizontal direction. (the vertical force will only compress but will not peel off the pad).