22 V4 fuel leak on track

bp_SFV4

When I opened the gas cap? None at all.

But, after my post I went to the garage and opened my freshly filled gas tank. I suppose it was still hot, and the gas came bubbling up the filler neck and all over the tank. Slight pucker factor. I calmly wheeled it out of the garage and rinsed it with copious amounts of water. So, don't open your gas cap if you just filled it and your bike is still warm.

bp_SFV4

Did some more testing today during a ride while practicing some hard braking. 40-0mph max effort, got a bit of a stoppie at the end along with a fuel dribble. It seems its improved over how bad it was before, but still not 100% no gas from the overflow.

bp_SFV4

To the lines on the side and bottom go to the same place?

Could you run it so the tank overflow and vapor lines go to the top, then plumb the vacuum line that normally goes to the EVAP canister to keep fumes from accumulating? Then a drain in case you needed to empty it?

Tricky1

To the lines on the side and bottom go to the same place?

Could you run it so the tank overflow and vapor lines go to the top, then plumb the vacuum line that normally goes to the EVAP canister to keep fumes from accumulating? Then a drain in case you needed to empty it?
I reinstalled the evap canister and piped the outlet of the catch can into it in case of overflow. The drain from the can hits a tee then out the bottom of fairing

bp_SFV4

Do you have a link to where you bought it? I tried searching catch cans, but I keep finding oil ones.

bp_SFV4

I will say, that if you removed the EVAP canister with the race exhaust install, its worth it to add the check ball back to the gas cap. All it does is restrict the passage of gas vapor to the atmosphere. The pressure in the tank has to be enough to unseat the check ball, then the vapor can escape.

What I noticed is that after a ride, my garage didn't smell like gas. Before without the check ball and without the EVAP, you could look at the port in the lower faring and see the gas vapor pouring out. Obviously not a good thing when stationary. When I saw this I actually pushed the bike out onto the driveway.

I think a simple overflow bottle like the one I pictured, which is from Yoon Racing/Ducati Korea, is the cheapest way.