2015 Panigale R

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Ha, yep (y)

Do you notice anything else interesting about the tires?
Hi Craig,
no, unfortunately, I am not familiar with the current tire offerings.
I admit, I am clueless about the current line of tires, except, I noticed yours are full slick, but I am sure there is more than that 😅

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Notice the tire size is 190/65 r420?
Hi Craig, yes I did noticed that, but honestly I am not familiar with the term... (embarrassing I know 😅 and I am too lazy to do research now, so tired from all that grinding and drilling this past 2 days), is the R420 have special meaning?
like an R "compound" or compound used in WSBK?
Thanks

craig bush

is the R420 have special meaning?
like an R "compound" or compound used in WSBK?
Thanks
You’re not lazy at all Howard - the awesome work you’ve done to your bike is testament to that. (y)

Very insightful! Indeed, the R does reference wsbk - these are 16.5” mags and tires directly from wsbk.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
You’re not lazy at all Howard - the awesome work you’ve done to your bike is testament to that. (y)

Very insightful! Indeed, the R does reference wsbk - these are 16.5” mags and tires directly from wsbk.
WOW Craig 😲, is that mean that even the wheel are SPECIAL Diameter? 16.5" magnesium wheel?
That must be very expensive wheel, and very light too !!! 😍😘🥰
I can't wait to hear your review about this tire and wheel combo when you took it to the track 👍🏍
Also, may I know how much the wheel and tire cost (if you don't mind)? Thanks 😃

craig bush

WOW Craig 😲, is that mean that even the wheel are SPECIAL Diameter? 16.5" magnesium wheel?
That must be very expensive wheel, and very light too !!! 😍😘🥰
I can't wait to hear your review about this tire and wheel combo when you took it to the track 👍🏍
Also, may I know how much the wheel and tire cost (if you don't mind)? Thanks 😃
Yes - 16.5” marchesini mags. They likely were expensive at one time (not sure about now since wsbk moved to 17” wheels), but I didn’t buy them - they’re on loan for track testing.

S

SuperDuc45

Note from Forum Admin to SuperDuc45:

This forum is committed to be the most comfortable place for every members no matter what their background, bike model or the modification level.
Everybody have different goal and budget in BUILDING their bike or choosing their preferred modification and all are welcome.
We focus more on quality vs quantity.
We welcome members that will bring content, knowledge and passion of Ducati, but we do not need member that start their first post bashing others or act "SUPERIOR" towards others.
If you prefer a confrontational, bashing others, to make you feel SUPERIOR just to cover your INFERIORITY LOW SELF ESTEEM complex, I suggest you exercise your hobby at that other iconic ducati forum, you will enjoy the fight there 🤪

oh and congratulations, not only you are the first ever person to be banned from this forum, but you manage it right after your first post

Last edited by a moderator:

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Hi Craig,

I need your kind help. Your Ohlins FGR300 (or maybe FGR301) require 108mm bolt spacing Brembo calipers. And almost all Brembo caliper with 108mm bolt spacing have 22.5mm offset (except GP4-PR with 21mm offset).
This mean you either need a spacer between your rotor/disk brake and your wheel or you have a special rotor with a different offset than stock offset rotor.
May I know the thickness of the spacer (between your rotor/disk brake and the mounting surface on your front wheel)? If your setup don't use spacer, may I know the part# of your front disk rotor?

Thank you so much Craig