2015 Panigale R

craig bush

Hey guys. I recently added another bike to the stable - 2015 R as stated in the title.

I bought it from a member on the other ducati forum. As I just took delivery, I’m still learning the bike and mods list. It’s a track bike, so I’ve only taken a short ride through my neighborhood, but just wanted to share some pics here. I’m over-the-top excited to get it on track. More to follow. :)

799C88F7-5EF4-48EE-9B5A-4E408566F183.jpeg

A51C3E29-6F9E-4881-AAF4-8A42E1CA668D.jpeg
059B7BFC-A59A-44AD-9B8E-3A727FB97CC2.jpeg
CBF242AB-7BAB-466E-ADB4-8BF7D66075D6.jpeg
F2D053AD-F80B-4936-B965-0E4EF2DEB74D.jpeg

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hello Craig,

Thank You for Starting Your Thread on your AWESOME Panigale R !!!!!!!!!!! 🏍🏍🏍 (y)(y)(y)

You already made me so "jealous" (in a positive way) of your BEAUTIFUL Ohlins FGR300 Forks.... I really want those forks but got to wait for the my wallet to recover (and it could be still a while 🤪 )
I think it is still the most BEAUTIFUL Forks currently available in the world for a motorcycle 🤩🤩🤩

and I already have questions 😆:

On the first picture where your bike had the unpainted carbon fiber fairing, the front axle is DIFFERENT than the Fast Frank front axle that on the bike with the grey painted fairing.
Do you still have the front axle that was installed with the carbon fiber fairing? If yes, will it be possible for you to help by posting the picture of that axle here?

Also if someday you happened to take out the front carbon fiber mudguard, would you mind to post the picture of the custom bracket between the Ohlins FGR300 and your carbon fiber mudguard?

Thanks so much Craig

craig bush

For some reason, I’m getting an error prompt that the picture I took of the axel is too large (3.4mb) for the server to upload. :unsure:

BMW Alpina

Staff member
For some reason, I’m getting an error prompt that the picture I took of the axel is too large (3.4mb) for the server to upload. :unsure:
Hi Craig,
Yes, the forum software only capable of accepting picture or attachment up to 2,048 kb in file size.
So normally a 800x600 pixel picture size (although sometimes, 1024x768 pixels is ok too).
I already set it to the maximum possible. Sorry for the inconvenient, but you will need to resize the picture before you can upload it.
However, if I am not mistaken, if you upload it to an image hosting service and enter the "link" when you click the "picture" button, it should load no matter how big the file size it.
Thanks

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Just realized if you tap “original size” under the photo in your iPhone photo library, resizing options pop up. (y)

View attachment 2455
Thanks so much for the picture Craig 😀
From the picture, I am guessing that this axle had a diameter smaller than 25mm, that is why it have extra sleeving build into the spacer so the wheel bearing will fit properly.

craig bush

Thanks so much for the picture Craig 😀
From the picture, I am guessing that this axle had a diameter smaller than 25mm, that is why it have extra sleeving build into the spacer so the wheel bearing will fit properly.
i just mic’d it - mid-shaft diameter is 21.5mm, ends are 30mm.

craig bush

Minor update... I have connected with Brad Phillips, the owner of Motion SBK, of McKinney, Texas (known in the Ducati community for the high quality, quick-detach custom brake line setup seen above).

Turns out the Ti axle pictured is likely also one of his custom parts. The bike will be going to him in the next few weeks for thorough inspection. More to follow...

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Minor update... I have connected with Brad Phillips, the owner of Motion SBK, of McKinney, Texas (known in the Ducati community for the high quality, quick-detach custom brake line setup seen above).

Turns out the Ti axle pictured is likely also one of his custom parts. The bike will be going to him in the next few weeks for thorough inspection. More to follow...
I was wondering what material your front axle was made from, I was guessing that it was made from steel since the color was black. Turn out it was made from Titanium 👌:love: