Recent content by BMW Alpina

  1. BMW Alpina

    Ducati 998s FE Final Edition (REPLICA but MODIFIED FAR BEYOND the Original) Build Thread

    Below is the Dyno graph from Mark Sutton of Ducshop, which shows 139.41 horsepower at the wheel, which is roughly equal to about 155 to 160 horsepower at the crankshaft, assuming 10% to 12% drivetrain efficiency losses :cool: Note: This is from a 1038cc (102mm piston HC big-bore engine) started...
  2. BMW Alpina

    Ducati 998s FE Final Edition (REPLICA but MODIFIED FAR BEYOND the Original) Build Thread

    I've been super busy at work every day; business is growing so fast that I need to stay at the office late every night. Then, on weekends, I had many home improvement projects that couldn't wait, plus other things to do. Even today, I am on the East Coast for an important conference/trade show...
  3. BMW Alpina

    Ducati 998s FE Final Edition (REPLICA but MODIFIED FAR BEYOND the Original) Build Thread

    I also need to replace a bolt holding the battery tray with thinner head:
  4. BMW Alpina

    Ducati 998s FE Final Edition (REPLICA but MODIFIED FAR BEYOND the Original) Build Thread

    A few days later, the custom-machined TITANIUM Grade 5 Plates arrived. Yes, these plates are CNC machined with Titanium Grade 5 material: What are these plates for?... those will be reinforcement plates (top and bottom) so I can install Staubli Dry Break for the fuel line going into the...
  5. BMW Alpina

    Ducati 998s FE Final Edition (REPLICA but MODIFIED FAR BEYOND the Original) Build Thread

    In the meantime, I also need to create a "threaded stud" to hold the K&N Air Filter in the airbox, so I just use a ProTi Titanium Bolt and fused them with the carbon fiber airbox with of course carbon fiber layers:
  6. BMW Alpina

    Ducati 998s FE Final Edition (REPLICA but MODIFIED FAR BEYOND the Original) Build Thread

    But it is still did not route very well, so more reconfiguration:
  7. BMW Alpina

    Ducati 998s FE Final Edition (REPLICA but MODIFIED FAR BEYOND the Original) Build Thread

    After test fit, I found the current configuration below, does not fit the available space between the airbox and the side airbox cover/frame: So I ordered more parts, and more parts arrived: The Fragola hose end cover: More Staubli for the injector line going to airbox also arrived...
  8. BMW Alpina

    DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

    The custom Goodridge 700 series Aramid braided (kevlar) brake hoses arrive from Goodridge factory in UK: along with some Goodridge stainless steel fitting:
  9. BMW Alpina

    Ducati 998s FE Final Edition (REPLICA but MODIFIED FAR BEYOND the Original) Build Thread

    Purchase a new, smaller size Earl's AN adjustable wrench to allow me to tighten several aluminum quick dry break in tight spaces: And these are the dry breaks, Staubli of course :cool:: Please pay attention to the 10AN Dry Breaks: Because the one of the 6AN is just for extra simplicity for...
  10. BMW Alpina

    Ducati 998s FE Final Edition (REPLICA but MODIFIED FAR BEYOND the Original) Build Thread

    Ok, let's continue with past progress, but posted in the present time (like back to the future) :ROFLMAO: I found a Titanium rear brake light switch rod by NCR, so I bought it. Comparison vs the stock factory rod: Add the ProTi Titanium Nut of course: Next, test run the Samco Crankcase...
  11. BMW Alpina

    Ducati 998s FE Final Edition (REPLICA but MODIFIED FAR BEYOND the Original) Build Thread

    Obviously, there is so much more story I need to share regarding this build that I did before I started my bike, but... let me just jump to what I did today, which is... starting the bike for the second time :cool:: Below is the YouTube link, but I promise more posts with details will be coming...
  12. BMW Alpina

    Ducati 998s FE Final Edition (REPLICA but MODIFIED FAR BEYOND the Original) Build Thread

    Oh, talking about light, I bought this dual-function tail light and brake light. Soon I will post why: I also purchased these custom Y-Splitter SuperSeal connectors from a vendor in Italy to be use with the 2 lights above... I think you might already know where I am going with this:
  13. BMW Alpina

    Ducati 998s FE Final Edition (REPLICA but MODIFIED FAR BEYOND the Original) Build Thread

    Now time to pay attention back to the Speedometer. First, I found this new but old stock real Ducati Carbon Fiber speedometer surrounds (to someday replace the foam): Test fit them, but I still need to refinished them in Matte Clear, so it will become DRY CARBON looks: First problem, the...
  14. BMW Alpina

    Ducati 998s FE Final Edition (REPLICA but MODIFIED FAR BEYOND the Original) Build Thread

    Now it is time to TEST to make sure these "MOTORSPORT Grade" wires work by first connecting all 3 wires (Ground, Indicator and Turn Signal) :ROFLMAO:: And yes, they worked: First, both left and right INDICATOR Lights (White LED): Then test the Left and Right turn signal, and again worked...
Top