V4RG build

Motosurgeon

I wanted to get an SP2 but it didn't happen so I decided to go another direction.
Current build spec
2023 V4 base
K Tech TRDS-R Front carts and rear shock
Rade Garage tank system
STM dry clutch conversion
GB case covers
Jet prime rbw with buttons
Kill switch
V4 extreme sprocket carrier with cush drive delete
520 conversion
Some ti stuff here and there
Mobil 1 full synthetic 15w-50
Evol tech pro sbk rearsets on order have been waiting for them for a very long time.

To do list
I2m dash
OZ Cattiva wheels
Et clip ons
Thermostat delete
Secondary air system delete
Emissions delete
Maybe a tune that plays well with a cored oem exhaust

Not sure how to get my pictures on here so my pictures have been posted to the panigale v4 Facebook group.

Last edited:

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Motosurgeon
you can upload pictures by clicking this "picture icon" screenshot below:
1716348662672.pngThe picture size cannot be larger than 1024x768 though.

Motosurgeon

Update

Checked off a couple boxes recently..

I found a donor bike 1199s so will be cannibalizing the Marchesini wheels and carbon CRG levers.
While I like the Marchesini wheels I have also considered putting them back on the 1199 if I can get a set of PVM 8 spoke wheels in a color that I can tolerate or splurge on some bst 5 spokes.

Evol tech sbk rearsets and clip ons are on, still waiting on matching triple clamps.

Will be doing another oil analysis to see if the copper levels improve while the bike is under warranty.

I have been enjoying some test and tune joy rides to rack up some more miles before the temps drop. If the next results don't have any red flags I will get the 2 wheel dynoworks flash.

I am obsessed with the Zard DM5 exhaust and tempted to get it but concerned about if it will have fitment issues with the RG tank. I was hoping to simply wrap it or attach the heatshield header armor if it doesn't bump into anything. Otherwise I will probably be better off with a low mount slip on and will try my luck finding a suitable belly pan.

I have been having a hard time getting my rear suspension to be more active and not sure if I should try the fm linear link, if it even fits, or another softer spring. My sag (9mm + 25mm) seems right on paper but I am not using much of the travel even with the front coming up under acceleration. Rear feels harsh and I got to the point where I have no added preload on the adjuster and compression adjuster is wide open. When I check the zip tie after a ride I still have about 12mm before the shock body hits the bottom out bumper. Luckily the front feels spot on.

Weight with cast wheels and street tires using my bathroom scale is about 420lbs no gas with about 53% front bias
Will re check the weight with the Marchesini wheels and Diablo slicks soon.

Side note
I was expecting to flip or part out the rest of the 1199s but it's growing on me. Looks like a two bike trailer is in my future.