V4 Brembo 17RCS brake light switch wiring

Waterboy

Hello guys,

looking for advice on how to wire the brake light switch wired to a Panigale V4. As far as i can see stock cable has 2 wires and so as the new 17RCS but i am having no luck getting the brake light on.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

cheers,
Ryan

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ryan,

I suspect something else happened, because even if for example, your Panigale V4 has a Normally Open switch from the factory but your RCS17 came with a Normally Close switch,
it only means the light turns on backward, so the light is on when the level is not pressed and turns off when the light is pressed.

So let's do these steps:
First, check whether your light bulb is good or bad, by plugging back the stock switch from the stock master cylinder.
If after plugging back the stock switch, your light bulb is still not on, that means you need to replace your light bulb.

But if the light bulb is on after plugging back the stock switch, then either the switch in your RCS17 is bad or maybe the new wiring is bad.

When I install my RCS17 Corsa Corta or RCS19 Corsa Corta, I peel off the switch that came with the RCS 17/19 Corsa Corta and then plug in the switch that came from my original Brake Master Cylinder.
The stock switch from your stock master cylinder should plug into the RCS (at least for my RCS Corsa Corta model). This way, you don't have to do any splicing of factory wire or replace socket.
Please also try this, and I hope your 17 RCS (I believe your RCS is a NON-Corsa Corta model can accommodate a stock switch like the RCS Corsa Corta model).

Last, for your reference, there are 2 kinds of switches. The Normally Open and Normally Closed.
Below is an image showing a Normally Closed Switch that I believe comes with your RCS17 kit.
1696691552214.png

Waterboy

Hello Howard,
Thank you very much for your prompt reply and the information. My 17rcs is the cosa corta, i will see if i can reuse the stock switch, the light bulbs from the brake lights are working so we can rule out that problem.

will report back later if ican get it working or not.

cheers,
Ryan

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ryan,

If you use the RCS17 Corsa Corta, the stock brake switch most likely will fit. Please note my bike was a 2020 model and I was using RCS 17 Corsa Corta.
Please click this web link to my post: https://ducatimodified.com/threads/ducati-panigale-v4-25%C2%B0-anniversario-916-build-thread.2/page-5#post-133

My old post above has all the detailed pictures of when I installed the stock factory brake switch of my bike into my RCS17 Corsa Corta a long time ago
Hopefully, it will solve the issue.

Waterboy

Hello Howard,

thought i will provide some updates on the progress, i have taken out the stock brake light switch from the stock Master and it was just holding by one screw (different from the post you linked me to). The new brake light switch has the two plastic clips (same as your post) that clips on to the Master.
I am now wondering if i need to buy another switch that can clip on to the new Masterā€¦.

will see how it goes.

cheers,
Ryan