The Obtainable Brembo GP4-MS, GP4-RR, GP4-PR, GP4-RS, GP4-RX and Unobtainable Brembo new GP4 caliper

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
What are the two pins below the bleeder ^^^ ?
Hi Craig,
Yes, I was wondering myself, but based on this 2 pictures below of that caliper installed on a SBK bike, those 2 pins were NOT connected to anything (initially I thought it was for some sensor probe like temperature or pressure to plug into), so If I could guess, maybe those 2 pins might be related to that springs for the Anti Drag mechanism. But I could be wrong.
The good news is, I talked to one of my supplier and they told me, Brembo should start selling this GP4-SBK in the next few months, so hopefully I can find out soon on what those 2 pins are for 😁

3.jpg4.jpg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Those are so sick. @BMW Alpina Are the going to do the GP4-SBK in the 100mm spacing or just the 108mm spacing.
I think they are going to be quite expensive and will not justify offering in 2 different bolt spacing, so my guess is only 108mm spacing because people who buy this caliper most like also upgrade their forks at the same "price level",
and most high end upgraded forks is only available in 108mm spacing.

You know what Motocorse should do, they should offer that nice Billet lower bottom Ohlins caliper bracket for the front forks in 108mm spacing, this will allow people who want to keep their stock forks able to use the 108mm Brembos

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
I think they are going to be quite expensive and will not justify offering in 2 different bolt spacing, so my guess is only 108mm spacing because people who buy this caliper most like also upgrade their forks at the same "price level",
and most high end upgraded forks is only available in 108mm spacing.

You know what Motocorse should do, they should offer that nice Billet lower bottom Ohlins caliper bracket for the front forks in 108mm spacing, this will allow people who want to keep their stock forks able to use the 108mm Brembos

i agree with the price....it comes with dry brake system!! it means business for sure!!!

BMW Alpina

Staff member
The one in the pictures above are Blue color which mean this is the Titanium version from Staubli and very expensive (I checked half a year ago) 🤪
so, I told myself, nahhhhh, the RED color (much cheaper aluminum version) looks better anyway (my lame justification for not buying the nicer Titanium version) 😇

craig bush

The one in the pictures above are Blue color which mean this is the Titanium version from Staubli and very expensive (I checked half a year ago) 🤪
so, I told myself, nahhhhh, the RED color (much cheaper aluminum version) looks better anyway (my lame justification for not buying the nicer Titanium version) 😇
I did the same calculus. Lol

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Don't judge me 😞
I got the TI ones
Hi HKMP7,
If I am not mistaken they were like $750 a set per side, right?
Did you choose the direct connect version (thread directly to the caliper)? If yes, did you use their O-Ring or add cooper washer ring?
Thanks

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
just for kicks and giggles...how much is one female and male set?

craig bush

Aren’t they ~ $500 per side? Iirc, lines with Ti fittings were like $1400 and with Al fittings ~ $900.

The expense, minimal weight savings, and longer wait time (a month back order) pushed me to Al. And the larger diameter Al fittings look better.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Let's face it you really didn't have any choice after you went for those Ti valve caps.
Facts lol
Hi HKMP7,
If I am not mistaken they were like $750 a set per side, right?
Did you choose the direct connect version (thread directly to the caliper)? If yes, did you use their O-Ring or add cooper washer ring?
Thanks
Yes they are $750 per side 😖 I got the blue with the o-ring. Apparently the copper washer version is only for the compact TI QD.
The compact ones are $960 per side and are the same as what is used in MotoGp.

Last edited:

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Facts lol

Yes they are $750 per side 😖 I got the blue with the o-ring. Apparently the copper washer version is only for the compact TI QD.
The compact ones are $960 per side and are the same as what is used in MotoGp.
Hmmm ok, so basically to "raise the bar" we need to spend $960 per side..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
nahhh. "the red aluminum version looks nicer" (my lame cliche excuse again) :ROFLMAO:

oh, by the way, did the O-Ring work well with your GP4-MS inlet port? it did not squeeze and tear the O-ring when you tightened it? I was worrying about that since the GP4-MS did not have O-Ring groove... (at least from the picture I saw)...

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Hmmm ok, so basically to "raise the bar" we need to spend $960 per side..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
nahhh. "the red aluminum version looks nicer" (my lame cliche excuse again) :ROFLMAO:

oh, by the way, did the O-Ring work well with your GP4-MS inlet port? it did not squeeze and tear the O-ring when you tightened it? I was worrying about that since the GP4-MS did not have O-Ring groove... (at least from the picture I saw)...
Haven't installed them yet. Still being built they are suppose to work without any issues. I will also look into possibility of using a crush washer as well.