The Obtainable Brembo GP4-MS, GP4-RR, GP4-PR, GP4-RS, GP4-RX and Unobtainable Brembo new GP4 caliper

Steven777

Yes, I received a document from my dealer stating the importance of the "bedding procedure" of the rotors.
Unless I'll ever get the chance to compare the original pads with the SBS ones, I probably will never find out if the provided SICOM pads are really a must or probably a way to simply sell their own pads. I just thought that the SBU guys are quite quick on their bikes, assuming they won't risk sacrificing anything in terms of improper braking action.

108mm GP4 MS seems to be available by May'23.

As far as I understood, GP4 RR uses pads which are held in place only by the lower brackets underneath the caliper. But SICOM pads are mostly larger in size then original pads as they are extending a bit further towards the center of the disc. With the GP4 RR that unfortunately doesn't seem to be possible. So yes, the braking surface on the rotors is fine, but the surface from the pads themselves (which are available for the RR) might not be. But I don't really know the effects and consequences of that. I'm a hobby racer and most probably won't even tell the difference. Have to try out I guess.

Unfortunately I need 100mm Spacing Calipers only... so the 108mm GP4 RR won't really fit, else wise great deal and thank you.

In Germany there's mainly one reputable provider of aftermarket titanium pistons, which is:
Federleicht (Featherlight) Performance

Tom from MCET is a friend of mine and the pistons look identical. The DLC coating is also done by a friend of mine.
it’s definitely not a way for Sicom to sell their pads, they send them with the rotors for no extra charge, and I tried to order a second set as a backup and they laughed at me, they told me that they have never had anyone order another set because in over five years of having these rotors and pads on the market no one has ever gone through a set of pads.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if I’m going to get banned from this forum if I reveal for what bike I’m planning to use the calipers for… :whistle:
From what I remember, so far, only 1 person got banned from this forum.

He managed to accomplish it in his first-ever post here trying to "stir up" forum members against other forum member. 🥴

But we always welcome every member (even if they don't ride a Ducati) who wants to participate in a constructive discussion that allows us to learn more from each other 🤓:cool:

From the picture of the blue wheel, is that an Aprilia? Initially, I was thinking Yamaha but I believe Yamaha has 108mm spacing...

TNC

From what I remember, so far, only 1 person got banned from this forum.

He managed to accomplish it in his first-ever post here trying to "stir up" forum members against other forum member. 🥴

But we always welcome every member (even if they don't ride a Ducati) who wants to participate in a constructive discussion that allows us to learn more from each other 🤓:cool:

From the picture of the blue wheel, is that an Aprilia? Initially, I was thinking Yamaha but I believe Yamaha has 108mm spacing...
I do of course own a Ducati (my first Love so said), which is currently also in a state of re-newal. On that particular build I‘m also using the RR Calipers in 108mm (but the Pre‘21 Brembo Version which still uses a pin to secure the pads). This one:

D28AAACE-F110-4C2B-995C-DEDE73D909C2.jpeg
Only my previous posts regarding the GP4 MS 100mm were related to my other „Goldwing!!!“ :ROFLMAO:

But thank you all for the kind welcoming 👍

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
I do of course own a Ducati (my first Love so said), which is currently also in a state of re-newal. On that particular build I‘m also using the RR Calipers in 108mm (but the Pre‘21 Brembo Version which still uses a pin to secure the pads). This one:

View attachment 11349
Only my previous posts regarding the GP4 MS 100mm were related to my other „Goldwing!!!“ :ROFLMAO:

But thank you all for the kind welcoming 👍
Wow, that is a nice setup there, Mupo, Sicom, and RR Calipers.
By the way, I just realized, I forgot to confirm with you, that yes, the latest GP4-RR caliper uses some kind of small brackets to hold the brake pads from the bottom of it.
I guess, it means less friction area available (vertically), but just maybe the GP4-RR has more friction area due to longer pads (horizontally)? Too bad I no longer has my GP4-MS so I can compare the brake pads for the MS and RR side by side for you...
But maybe later today after I return from office, I can measure the outline of my GP4-RR brake pads so you can compare it with your GP4-MS brake pads and also reference it to your SICOM.
I get back to you later today :)

Steven777

At the time it was the best available option for a 100 fork bottom, also I’m married to the Sicom Brake setup, and that only works at its best while using the Sicom pads, which further limited caliper options to the Stylema’s, GP4-MS, or GP4-RS

the latter being the best of the 3 choices, and then I put the Braketech pistons in them.

Got that backwards, the MS are the upgrade from the RS. So Stylema, GP4-RS, GP4-MS is the progression upward.

craig bush

Got that backwards, the MS are the upgrade from the RS. So Stylema, GP4-RS, GP4-MS is the progression upward.
There are a few other options as well, but yes - MS > RS > Stylema. The RS is a cast monoblock caliper debuted at EiCMA 2016. The MS is a billet monoblock; so is the RR (I think the MS has dust seals so they market it for street/track use, while the RR does not so it’s marketed as track only).

Siddhant_Mishra

Fascinating this thread , haah just when i thought of getting GP4-rr + Sicom brake rotors + pads , y'all came in clutch helping me out , albeit indirectly .
Waiting for an answer from @TNC . Also as i was talking with a seller of Sicom rotors , he did say me that they provide pads for gp4-rr :/

TNC

Depends like I said which GP4-RR we‘re talking about. My latest informations are that for latest model (2021 Version) of the GP4-RR which DOESN‘T use a single pin to hold the pads, there are NO SICOM pads available.

If you still want to use this caliper the only pads that were recommended to me by SBKUnlimited were the SBS DS-1 or DS-2.But I have no personal experience with that combination.

The older model of the GP4-RR has pads from SICOM (look at the picture):

70308CF6-7185-4664-8F12-A75C012410C8.jpeg

Siddhant_Mishra

Depends like I said which GP4-RR we‘re talking about. My latest informations are that for latest model (2021 Version) of the GP4-RR which DOESN‘T use a single pin to hold the pads, there are NO SICOM pads available.

If you still want to use this caliper the only pads that were recommended to me by SBKUnlimited were the SBS DS-1 or DS-2.But I have no personal experience with that combination.

The older model of the GP4-RR has pads from SICOM (look at the picture):

View attachment 11454
Wait , what then is the newer model ? isnt the newer model the gold one ? If not , any pics of the new one will be appreciated Also how is bike hps , i'm planning on buying wome wheels + brake stuff from them

is it this ?
gp4 rr.png

Last edited:

TNC

Wait , what then is the newer model ? isnt the newer model the gold one ? If not , any pics of the new one will be appreciated Also how is bike hps , i'm planning on buying wome wheels + brake stuff from them

is it this ?
View attachment 11455
Yes, these are the (revised / new) 108mm GP4-RR.

The 100mm GP4-RR look like this:
19FFA86A-0AEF-4E0C-91A3-F869FF46500F.jpeg

Difference between 100mm and 108mm are the mounting positions for the brake lines.

Siddhant_Mishra

Yes, these are the (revised / new) 108mm GP4-RR.

The 100mm GP4-RR look like this:
View attachment 11456

Difference between 100mm and 108mm are the mounting positions for the brake lines.
Well i did ask Mr.giles @bikehps he clearly said that he could provide with sicom pads for both "gp4-rx and gp4-rr ", whichever i chose ,
I'm gonna go with him on this one , a salesman/representative must've got his facts right :)

Siddhant_Mishra

Get the GP4 MS with the SICOM.
Pads available and full 35mm brake surface too.
yeah does seem right , had heard that the newer gp4-rr had greater brake pad area compatibility when compared to old gen. was worried about it too.

i really wanted the 'bling' factor of gp4-rr . like isnt it better ?