Spotted in the wild. A "Foggy".

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
So a friend and I were out for a ride yesterday. I took my K1300S BMW out and he was on an older restored K100 BMW. We were fuelling up and as I came out from paying the attendant at the service station, there was a V4 Anniversario 916. First one I have seen out in the wild. I spoke to the rider for a while and the bike only had 200 km on it. He had just purchased the bike second hand so the first owner kept it for 200 km. Go figure that out. It looked great in the flesh. I also saw one recently at a Ducati dealer and it had sold the day before. There are no more available in Australia so I am told. I checked out the number on the triple clamp. It was 2## of 500. The proud new owner informed me they were limited edition. I think he thought I did not know too much about Ducatis. Really nice looking bike.

And our ride. Great. Perfect day and both bikes went well. 300 km of fun.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
So a friend and I were out for a ride yesterday. I took my K1300S BMW out and he was on an older restored K100 BMW. We were fuelling up and as I came out from paying the attendant at the service station, there was a V4 Anniversario 916. First one I have seen out in the wild. I spoke to the rider for a while and the bike only had 200 km on it. He had just purchased the bike second hand so the first owner kept it for 200 km. Go figure that out. It looked great in the flesh. I also saw one recently at a Ducati dealer and it had sold the day before. There are no more available in Australia so I am told. I checked out the number on the triple clamp. It was 2## of 500. The proud new owner informed me they were limited edition. I think he thought I did not know too much about Ducatis. Really nice looking bike.

And our ride. Great. Perfect day and both bikes went well. 300 km of fun.
Aussie is getting close to summer weather, right? it's getting colder here... 300km that is quite a long ride but I am sure your K1300S make it a very comfortable nice ride (y)

I think, unless the owner of the bike used to own the original 916 (meaning old guys like me šŸ˜œ),
they would not feel to attached with the 916 25 Anniversario and might even had some buyer remorse, because it is basically an older styling Panigale V4... since now the 2020 model have different fairings and the wings ...

I also had seen some 916 25 anniversario for sale here in the USA (second hand condition) and there are also still some new units still unsold... The list price of the 916 more expensive than the V4R didn't help sales too...
then there is covid19... perfect storm....